In Honor of Shalamar

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#81 FnlPrblm

FnlPrblm
  • Administrator
  • 12,537 posts

Posted 10 August 2020 - 01:54 AM

The whole Pandemic thing and the lack of a lot of the old crew still around, no one remembered this being the 10th anniversary of Shal's passing. :(

We may not be here for you Shal, but you're still remembered. :hugs:
"It is an old maxim of mine that when you have excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." --- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: The Beryl Coronet

The Boscombe Valley Mystery: "There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact."

"Nothing astonishes men so much as common sense and plain dealing." --- Ralph Waldo Emerson 'Art,' 1841

"Such welcome and unwelcome things at once, 'Tis hard to reconcile." --- Macbeth IV.III.138-9

LauraBertram.net

"Once in one's life, for one mortal moment, one must make a grab for immortality; if not, one has not lived." -- Sylvester Stallone

Time to eat all your words, swallow your pride, open your eyes...Sowing the Seeds of Love - Tears4Fears

#82 RommieSG

RommieSG

Heir to the Empire

• Islander
  • 17,193 posts

Posted 18 September 2020 - 02:54 AM

That's because I choose to celebrate her life, and not when she left us.

Happy Birthday, Dearest. I made it on time this year. There have been times I wish you were here to lend me your wise ear this year. You are always missed. Blessed be, my Dearest.
Posted Image

#83 Orpheus

Orpheus

I'm not the boss of you!

• Administrator
  • 17,862 posts

Posted 18 September 2020 - 07:04 PM

I  don't usually share my sentiments, but I think of her often. Not daily or perhaps even monthly -- I see and have seen too much death for that -- but many times a year.

She was a worthy soul.

I like to think this would please her, at least as I understood her (I myself would rather be quietly forgotten with a minimum of fuss), so it pleases me that she is remembered by others.

Remembering her is part of what makes us Ex Isle.

#84 Mary Rose

Mary Rose

Charlie's Asthmatic Angel

• 22,422 posts

Posted 20 September 2020 - 05:25 PM

I still have the PM she sent me.  I will keep and treasure it always.
Mary Rose, Official Missionary for the Church of Beka angst.  Please join us for worship at the EI fanfic board.  Jill-- on what my name badge should say.
Proud Andromeda and Forever Knight fanfic writer
    Posted Image           Posted Image           Posted Image
Proud parent of thriving Beka and Tracy muses
Posted Image

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users