Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

U.S. Health Care Reform-Brutal Realism Time...

Health Care Reform 2010

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Vapor Trails

Vapor Trails

In a world where I feel so small, I can't stop thinking big.

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 12:37 PM

Let's get brutally realistic here.

F**k politicians from both parties. It's all promises galore, spin, and distractions for the most part.

Let's get to the nut of the matter.

What do folks REALISTICALLY expect to come from the government, insofar as health care reform?

Personally, I'm a pessimist. There's TOO MUCH disorganization/sniping/spin/special interest nonsense going on between BOTH  Dems and Republicans. (Have I said I don't trust EITHER party?? :p :p )

I believe people who are poor and don't have adequate health insurance might very well die horrible deaths. I saw this in one documentary on PBS(?). One fellow had no health insurance, and he eventually succumbed to his illnesses. :( He had a wife and kids. :cry:

Secretly, I know this is what some people actually WANT.
Posted Image

Politicians are like bananas; they hang together, they're all yellow, and there's not a straight one among them.

"We're relevant for $ and a vote once every two years. Beyond that, we're completely irrelevant, except of course to consume, and preach the gospel according to [insert political demigod here]."--Cait

#2 Omega

Omega

Maktel shcree lotak meta setak Oz!

• 4,032 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 01:49 PM

What do we realistically expect?  Us paying the insurance companies more for no gain.

What could they do that would actually help?  Plenty.

#3 Vapor Trails

Vapor Trails

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 03:27 PM

View PostOmega, on Feb 16 2010, 01:49 PM, said:

What do we realistically expect?  Us paying the insurance companies more for no gain.

What could they do that would actually help?  Plenty.

Will the "COULD" translate into the "WILL"? THAT'S the $64,000 question. :whatsthat:

I'm a hardened skeptic. People are just too wacky. Sure, good things CAN come forth, but I wonder more and more if this is due to PLAIN LUCK.

:p

Edited by Analog Kid, 16 February 2010 - 03:28 PM.

Posted Image

Politicians are like bananas; they hang together, they're all yellow, and there's not a straight one among them.

"We're relevant for $ and a vote once every two years. Beyond that, we're completely irrelevant, except of course to consume, and preach the gospel according to [insert political demigod here]."--Cait

#4 Vapor Trails

Vapor Trails

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 03:30 PM

A very funny aside... :p :p

While I was editing the last post, I mis-wrote PLAIN and wrote PALIN. :lol:

:hehe: :p~

(Anagrams are awesomesauce. ;) :devil: )
Posted Image

#5 Palisades

Palisades

Northern Lights

• Islander
  • 7,753 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 03:40 PM

Last I heard, key Democratic Senators were trying to forget about health reform for the time being, saying they want to focus on jobs. Last year, Sen. Reid said it had to be passed by Christmas, or it would die. Well, thanks to throwing some pork around, they scraped together the necessary 60 votes, but then Massachusetts happened.

Edited by Palisade, 16 February 2010 - 03:42 PM.

"When the Fed is the bartender everybody drinks until they fall down." —Paul McCulley

"In truth, 'too big to fail' is not the worst thing we should fear – our financial institutions are now on their way to becoming 'too big to save'." —Simon Johnson

FKA:
TWP / An Affirming Flame / Solar Wind / Palisade

#6 Vapor Trails

Vapor Trails

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 06:57 PM

View PostPalisade, on Feb 16 2010, 03:40 PM, said:

Last I heard, key Democratic Senators were trying to forget about health reform for the time being, saying they want to focus on jobs. Last year, Sen. Reid said it had to be passed by Christmas, or it would die. Well, thanks to throwing some pork around, they scraped together the necessary 60 votes, but then Massachusetts happened.

And things get worse with the retirement of Senator Evan Bayh:

In an interview on MSNBC this morning, newly retiring Sen. Evan Bayh declared the American political system "dysfunctional," riddled with "brain-dead partisanship" and permanent campaigning. Flatly denying any possibility that he'd seek the presidency or any other higher office, Bayh argued that the American people needed to deliver a "shock" to Congress by voting incumbents out en masse and replacing them with people interested in reforming the process and governing for the good of the people, rather than deep-pocketed special-interest groups.

To the bold: if there is a great beyond, George Carlin would be saying, "See? Told ya so."

Edited by Analog Kid, 16 February 2010 - 06:57 PM.

Posted Image

#7 obsidianstorm13

obsidianstorm13
  • Islander
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 05:35 AM

Ideally, I want people to not have to chose between eating today and seeing their physician.  I want those people who CAN go and wait long hours in the ER(because you can) and take up valuable time from real emergencies to be able to go to their physicians instead.  I want the cost of prescriptions to be monitored better; people shouldn't have to pay thousands of dollars for their insulin and meters etc. for something they need to SAVE THEIR LIFE.  I want better hospital coverage, so that it doesn't cost 1800 dollars for a mother giving birth in the hospital.

Realistically, you might get the beginnings of bill that can pave the way for more of universal take on health care.  That's only if all the Senators pull together and stop listening to the insurance companies, pharmeceutical companies and start really talking to the people that put them in Congress in the first place.

#8 Omega

Omega

Maktel shcree lotak meta setak Oz!

• 4,032 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 11:58 AM

Those ARE the people that put them in Congress.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Health Care, Reform, 2010

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users