• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

Luck is when opportunity meets preparation

• Islander
  • 38,881 posts

Posted 02 August 2003 - 01:16 PM

Okay so we left off with the end of Saturday so on to Sunday.

For some reason, the gang thought I needed a few extra minutes of sleep ;) so I woke up a bit later than others and then rushed to get ready.  Apparently some of the gang were off to the Zoo (I would have gone but man, in that weather, it just didn't sound that appealing) and others were going to Seaport Village (thanks to JustMe for the correction) (a cute little shopping area by the water and near to the con) and from then some were going to split off to the con while others would head to old town.  (Are you following this?;))

Anyways I emerged from the room and was greeted with cheers.  Heh, Rovvie says they were mocking me for being up late.  

Anyways, the zoo group headed off and then Kathy, Zephyr, Josh, Jid, Rov, JustMe, Nikki, bobdylanite, and I set off to get the light rail to Sea Port Village.  Well it let us off KINDA close I guess... :unsure:

but for me, the heat was very oppressive.  Luckily I had lots of water (good thing for Joshie too because he was definitely dehydrated...Gee I wonder if that might have had something to do with Sea Breezes...;)).

Anyways we got to Sea Port Village which was very cute.  I bought several knick knacks and pointed Jid to a orange with purple fringe monkey and called it Nu Trance so he had to buy it.  LOL.

Jid had apparently made some kind of sign that he was being all conspiratorial about and he made us follow him to some place.  Heh, it was "Captain Hunt's" tobacco shop.  And Jid's sign said "Have you seen my cigar?"  We took some pictures and mocked Dylan for a bit.  The shop lady was like "What ARE you doing" so I stayed and explained to her that there's this syndicated science fiction show named Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda and that it starred Kevin Sorbo (she nodded like she recognized the name) and I said that Kevin plays a guy named Captain Dylan Hunt and that he has this weapon called a force lance that is quite phallic when it's retracted and Kevin has an unfortunate habit of making jokes about seeing his forcelance.  The lady cracked up; I have no idea if it's because she thought it was funny or just thought I was whacked.

Anyways we wandered around for a bit (the proximity of the water provided a lot of relief from the heat) and then had lunch.  Lunch was in this court of outdoor tables with umbrellas and you could choose from the various food establishments.  Well I needed MEAT after the previous night's festivities so I got a bacon hamburger and some chili fries and some onion rings (okay I needed carbs too) and a big Diet Coke because Diet Coke has a tendency in normal circumstances to make me cold.  It helped.  After lunch we wandered a bit more and then came time for those going to the con to go.  I had been wavering but my annoyance with JMS combined with the fact that those going to old town were folk I just hadn't gotten to hang with, made me choose old town.

JustMe went back to the hotel because her feet were killing her.  I gave her my cell and made her promise to call me so we could make sure she knew about dinner plans.

Okay so Jid, Josh, Kathy, Zephyr and I went to old town.  I have to admit, I would have enjoyed it a whole lot more if I'd felt better (oh well, that's what I get for burning the candle at both ends that way).  I ended up wandering around alone for a while and then I scored this out door music scene where a trio of Scottish people were singing these amazingly haunting songs.  I called Kathy and told her and soon she and the gang showed up.  But they missed this BEAUTIFUL song about "the exile" that was all about a guy leaving his old home and finding his new home and how home is himself.  I wish they had a disc or something because imho that song had ExIsle anthem potential.

Anyways we listened to the music for a bit and then decided to head back (Kathy stopped in this cute soap store to get some foot stuff for JustMe, and I got some purple socks for bob).  So we had a rather hysterical ride back where I kept teasing Kathy about everything being a matter of perspective and she kept making empty promises about retribution.  :p  {{{{{{{{{{{Kathy}}}}}}}}}}}}

It turned out dinner was going to be at this deli style place (Pat and Oscars) that Jid and Kathy kept arguing about the name of.  So we headed to the Marriot (KRAD's hotel) to veg out in the air conditioned lounge before dinner.  Well  we stopped at the hotel shop and LOL, I found a Disney Pooh in a purple box and in the box, the pooh was in a purple mug.  hehe, I had to have it.

Then I found this like goo thing that is sort of log shaped and when you squeeze it does very interesting things.  And they had a PURPLE one.  Kathy and Zephyr thought it was kinda gross.  Jid and I just busted up over it.  I mean, we were definitely getting into a case of giggle fits.  Kathy disowned us.:p

Anyways I didn't buy either (at the time).  :angel:
JustMe called and I gave her the dinner info and then after a while we decided to head to the restaurant, which we did, but Kathy thought I should call KRAD and let him know where we'd be.  So I did (I needed some prodding from Kathy because I wasn't sure if I was going to come off as some crazed fan girl.  Oh wait. Um.....never mind.:p).

Anyways, off to the restaurant but not before I found some sparkly purple lip gloss and Jid and I had hatched a plot to bug bob with his purple monkey and my purple gifts (socks and lip gloss).

Dinner was fine, and YAY, KRAD apparently had NOT been scared off by us the previous evening because he showed up.  Rovvie presented me with three B5 books that fill in many blanks between the end of the series and "In the Beginning".  I'm on book three.  Rovvie got them to "educate" me on some Lond/G'Kar point that he thought I'd made (which I never did, but I still love the books). :love:

Godeskian gifted Rov and me with these wonderful figures he'd painted as part of the rp thing.  They all say Una Salus Victus on them.  {{{{{{{{{{{{{Gode}}}}}}}}}}}}}

So, I maneuver so I'm sitting next to bob (accross from Richie Avatar) and I start menacing her with the purple ape (omg it makes this monkey cry noise when you squeeze it too) and I told her that I could make the purple noise stop  IF she either put on the purple socks that I then gave her, or the sparkly purple lip gloss.

Richie staunchly supported bob and cautioned her to rebuff the purple but eh, I think I saw cracks in the armor...;)

Okay so after dinner we headed back to the Marriot and plopped down in the lounge (erm...Joshie and I made a return trip to the little store).  I got the purple box/mug pooh but THE PURPLE GOO WAS GONE!   :o   Oh my what a tragedy!  :(  So I presented bob with the purple pooh...heh.......she got showered with purple.;)

Okay we chatted for a bit but I was (as KRAD noted) punchy I was so tired.  Luckily, Flatlanddan said that we needed to motivate.  So she, usmarox, and I toodled off for a final (relatively mellow I assure you) night in the gaslamp.  First we found a pub and had drinks there (FLD introduced me to some concoction a friend of hers taught her in Japan and folks, my Sangria ain't got NOTHING on that drink in terms of deceptive danger).  Then G1223 called me and he needed usmarox so usmarox talked to him for a bit and then said he had to go back to the hotel.

Which left FLD and me alone.  heh.  We decided to find the FANCIEST place we could and have a last round. So we did and the bartender made us these fabulous cocktails in martini glasses and we had a loooong talk about all kinds of stuff (like fandom, boys, and how right we both are about Faramir) and then challenged the bar tender to surprise us and he did and so, only a little after 11 we arrived back at the hotel.  But we weren't done.

See, Andi was leaving early the following day and well I'd not been able to spend hardly anytime with her so I and FLD (armed with approprate supplies from Friday's party) went down to Andi's room, drooled over her pics from the American Idol concert (*sigh* Clay... :inlove: ), and just chatted.  It's nice when you have a slightly smaller group.  The big get togethers rock but they're loud and boistrous and stuff so this last little intimate gathering was great.

Okay so at about 1:00 (if you've read my other reports you know this is relatively civil) we called it a night and I went to bed.

Then the next morning dawned and there were many sad partings.  FLD and I got teary and I think Joshie did too.

Many hugs later I was safely ensconced in Kathy's car and we set off for L.A.

But that's a different story....

Anyways, it was just so awesome to see old friends again and meet new ones!  SD/Comic con was awesome in every way and I'd gladly do it again!!!!!!!

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{SD/Comic-conners}}}}}}}}}}}}}}  
:love:  :love:  :love:

Edited by Una Salus Lillius, 02 August 2003 - 02:00 PM.

Posted Image

#2 Iolanthe

Iolanthe

Jon's evil liberal twin

• Islander
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 02 August 2003 - 01:23 PM

Una Salus Lillius, on Aug 2 2003, 01:16 PM, said:

The lady cracked up; I have no idea if it's because she thought it was funny or just thought I was whacked.
A little from column A, a little from column B... ;)

Great report, Lil! :)
"Many have an Opinion not wise; That for a Prince to Governe his Estate; Or for a Great Person to governe his Proceedings, according to the Respect of Factions, is a Principall Part of Policy..." -- Sir Francis Bacon, Essayes or Counsell Civil and Morall
"You really do have a squee problem, you know that, right?" -- John
Visit Dangerously Slow Productions @ http://www.dsproductions.org Status: Complete. Go listen to the play! And coming soon, Henry IV, Part I, now in production!

#3 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

• Islander
  • 38,881 posts

Posted 02 August 2003 - 01:28 PM

LOL!  I suspect that you are correct.

And thanks {{{{{{{{{IO}}}}}}}}}}}}

:blush:
Posted Image

#4 FlatlandDan

FlatlandDan

Sophisticate

• Islander
  • 8,824 posts

Posted 02 August 2003 - 01:32 PM

And all it took was a little prodding......

Great report Lil....

(((((Lil))))))))))))))))))))

-Dan

:ninja:
My candle burns at both its ends;
It will not last the night;
But oh, my foes, and oh, my friends --
It gives a lovely light."
-Edna St. Vincent Millay

#5 Chipper

Chipper

Give it up

• Islander
  • 5,202 posts

Posted 02 August 2003 - 01:33 PM

Great report, Lil!

:)
"Courtesy is how we got civilized. The blind assertion of rights is what threatens to decivilize us. Everybody's got lots of rights that are set out legally. Responsibilities are not enumerated, for good reason, but they are set into the social fabric. Is it such a sacrifice to not be an a**hole?"

- Jenny Smith on Usenet, via Jid, via Kathy

#6 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

• Islander
  • 38,881 posts

Posted 02 August 2003 - 01:35 PM

{{{{{{{{{{{{FLD}}}}}}}}}}}}}}  Thanks for the prod.  I almost didn't do this one.

{{{{{{{{{{{{Chipper}}}}}}}}}}}}}}  :)

Lil
Posted Image

#7 JustMe

JustMe

What a spectacle.

• Islander
  • 1,210 posts

Posted 02 August 2003 - 02:04 PM

Thank you again so much for standing in line for me for lunch at Seaport Village.  You saved my feet!  (((((((Lil)))))))

I love your reports but now they're done!  It's like the whole SD experience is finally over.  :(  Oh well, hopefully there will be another experience next year.  :)

Edited by JustMe, 02 August 2003 - 02:05 PM.

#8 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

• Islander
  • 38,881 posts

Posted 02 August 2003 - 02:09 PM

{{{{{{{{{{{{Malinda}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

No worries mate!

Yeah I miss it too!

I hope we can do something so magnificent next year!

:)

Lil
Posted Image

#9 FlatlandDan

FlatlandDan

Sophisticate

• Islander
  • 8,824 posts

Posted 02 August 2003 - 02:11 PM

^^^

Don't worry JustMe...I've still got mine to finish.

-Dan

-Edna St. Vincent Millay

#10 JustMe

JustMe

What a spectacle.

• Islander
  • 1,210 posts

Posted 02 August 2003 - 02:17 PM

^ Whoot!  Oh please, take your time Dan. ;) :)

(((((((Dan))))))  Have I told you lately how you just totally rock?  "Glad" doesn't do meeting you justice.  You are such a sweet, kind, thoughtful and fun person.  Wherever we land next year, I hope you'll be able to make it.  :)

#11 FlatlandDan

FlatlandDan

Sophisticate

• Islander
  • 8,824 posts

Posted 02 August 2003 - 02:20 PM

Awwww shucks

:blush:

(((((JustMe))))))))))))))))

You are one totally cool chickypoo

-Dan

-Edna St. Vincent Millay

#12 Andulasia

Andulasia

Purple Purse Snatcher

• Islander
  • 240 posts

Posted 02 August 2003 - 02:27 PM

{{{{{{{Lil & FLD}}}}}}}}

It was wonderful spending those few hours with you two Sunday night! Sorry I didn't feel up to hanging out with you all earlier in the evening - sounds like you had a great time!

Andi

P.S. Hey Lil, ya going to the concert? ;)

Edited by Andulasia, 02 August 2003 - 02:28 PM.

#13 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

• Islander
  • 38,881 posts

Posted 02 August 2003 - 02:28 PM

{{{{{{{{{{{{Andi}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

We shall see.  It turns out I'm moving at the end of the month so I'm sort of in a panic.  :eek:

Lil
Posted Image

#14 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 02 August 2003 - 03:03 PM

The reason for the phone call was that usmarox had left his bag in our room and we were getting reqady to crash for the 4 am wake up.

I am already planning on next year as Heropa prepaid for next year andthat has me thinking of trying to get a suite at the con hotel or over at the hilton so Ash and others can have a place sit down that is not filled with 60+ people trying to have a party in the same room as us.
If you encounter any Trolls. You really must not forget them.
And if you want to save these shores. For Pity sake Don't Trust them.
paraphrased from H. "Breaker" Morant

TANSTAAFL
If you voted for Obama then all the mistakes he makes are your fault and I will point this out to you every time he does mess up.

When the fall is all that remains. It matters a great deal.

All hail the clich's all emcompassing shadow.

My playing well with other's skill has been vastly overrated

Member of the Order of the Knigths of the Woeful Countance.

#15 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

• Islander
  • 38,881 posts

Posted 02 August 2003 - 03:08 PM

Ahhhhhh I knew it was something like that.:)
Posted Image

#16 Jid

Jid

Mad Prophet of Funk

• Islander
  • 12,554 posts

Posted 02 August 2003 - 03:27 PM

Great Report Lil!!! :D
cervisiam tene rem specta

#17 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

• Islander
  • 38,881 posts

Posted 02 August 2003 - 03:29 PM

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Jid}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Thanks!   :cool:
Posted Image

#18 ultraviolet

ultraviolet

photographer, aspiring sci-fi writer, photoshop artist

• Islander
  • 3,622 posts

Posted 02 August 2003 - 05:57 PM

I should try to think of a plan so I can get to San Diego next year.   it sounds like lots of fun.    Goes searching for part 6 of the Lil report to make sure he read it.  have a better one.

Be Seeing You,
David Blackwell

#19 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

• Islander
  • 38,881 posts

Posted 02 August 2003 - 06:27 PM

Thanks UV.

Here is a link to Part 6.

http://www.exisle.ne...6090&hl=part&s=
Posted Image

#20 ultraviolet

ultraviolet

photographer, aspiring sci-fi writer, photoshop artist

• Islander
  • 3,622 posts

Posted 02 August 2003 - 06:30 PM

Una Salus Lillius, on Aug 2 2003, 11:27 PM, said:

Thanks UV.

Here is a link to Part 6.

http://www.exisle.ne...6090&hl=part&s=
But where's Part 7?    I looked and saw I have read Part 6 (trying to remember what Part 7 was).

Be Seeing You,
David Blackwell

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users