Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

OTer of the Week

OT'er of the week Godeskian 2010

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 Vapor Trails

Vapor Trails

In a world where I feel so small, I can't stop thinking big.

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 01:07 PM

View PostQueenTiye, on Mar 1 2010, 11:45 PM, said:

Sorry to pick at wounds but.. tree farm?  What kind of trees, why, and why did it fail?  (If you don't want to answer, I understand).

He's a Cyberhippie™. We know what kind of trees he grows. ;)

:devil:
Posted Image

Politicians are like bananas; they hang together, they're all yellow, and there's not a straight one among them.

"We're relevant for $ and a vote once every two years. Beyond that, we're completely irrelevant, except of course to consume, and preach the gospel according to [insert political demigod here]."--Cait

#22 Rhea

Rhea

• Islander
  • 16,433 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 01:10 PM

View PostAnalog Kid, on Mar 14 2010, 10:06 AM, said:

View PostBad Wolf, on Mar 14 2010, 12:43 PM, said:

Gode never answered my question about his views on spirituality.  

*pouts*

Does he drink spirits? :p

:ninja:

::smacks Saul::

That's just bad. :p :p
The future is better than the past. Despite the crepehangers, romanticists, and anti-intellectuals, the world steadily grows better because the human mind, applying itself to environment, makes it better. With hands...with tools...with horse sense and science and engineering.
- Robert A. Heinlein

When I don’t understand, I have an unbearable itch to know why. - RAH

Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done. One could write a history of science in reverse by assembling the solemn pronouncements of highest authority about what could not be done and could never happen.  - RAH

#23 Vapor Trails

Vapor Trails

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 01:13 PM

^^

:hehe:
Posted Image

Politicians are like bananas; they hang together, they're all yellow, and there's not a straight one among them.

"We're relevant for $ and a vote once every two years. Beyond that, we're completely irrelevant, except of course to consume, and preach the gospel according to [insert political demigod here]."--Cait

#24 SparkyCola

SparkyCola
  • Islander
  • 14,904 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 03:25 PM

I just realised that "significant bump" makes it sound like I'm pregnant :lol: I'm not! :hehe:

Sparky
Able to entertain a thought without taking it home to meet the parents

#25 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

Luck is when opportunity meets preparation

• Islander
  • 38,881 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 03:57 PM

View PostAnalog Kid, on Mar 14 2010, 11:06 AM, said:

*pouts*

some people just can't help being smart alecks.   :headshake: :headshake: :headshake: :headshake: :headshake: :whatsthat:      

:p~
Posted Image

#26 Captain Jack

Captain Jack

Where's the rum?

• Islander
  • 14,914 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 05:36 PM

View PostBad Wolf, on Mar 14 2010, 10:43 AM, said:

*pouts*

Or perhaps he did? ;)  Sometimes, questions best answered don't always come in the form of words, young grasshopper. :)
Posted Image
689 Reasons to Defeat Barack Obama in 2012:

https://www.national...at-barack-obama

#27 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

• Islander
  • 38,881 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 05:43 PM

Who you calling YOUNG?

;)
Posted Image

#28 Vapor Trails

Vapor Trails

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 06:53 PM

View PostBad Wolf, on Mar 14 2010, 05:43 PM, said:

Who you calling YOUNG?

;)

Okay, fossil :p

{{{{Fossil}}}}

:p~ :hehe: :p~
Posted Image

#29 Rhea

Rhea

• Islander
  • 16,433 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 07:54 PM

You know you're getting older the first time a supermarket checker calls you "ma'am." :p  :suspect:
The future is better than the past. Despite the crepehangers, romanticists, and anti-intellectuals, the world steadily grows better because the human mind, applying itself to environment, makes it better. With hands...with tools...with horse sense and science and engineering.
- Robert A. Heinlein

Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done. One could write a history of science in reverse by assembling the solemn pronouncements of highest authority about what could not be done and could never happen.  - RAH

#30 Vapor Trails

Vapor Trails

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 12:10 AM

View PostRhea, on Mar 14 2010, 07:54 PM, said:

You know you're getting older the first time a supermarket checker calls you "ma'am." :p  :suspect:

I've had the male equivalent of that already. :p :p
Posted Image

#31 Captain Jack

Captain Jack

Where's the rum?

• Islander
  • 14,914 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 02:13 AM

View PostBad Wolf, on Mar 14 2010, 03:43 PM, said:

Who you calling YOUNG?

;)

Sorry, Ma'am. :p

View PostRhea, on Mar 14 2010, 05:54 PM, said:

I still get carded.  I'm nine years older than my cousin, he never gets carded.  Me, most of the time.  His girlfriend thought I was younger than he is by a few years.  I must admit, I do enjoy it. :D
Posted Image
689 Reasons to Defeat Barack Obama in 2012:

https://www.national...at-barack-obama

#32 Godeskian

Godeskian

You'll be seein' rainbooms

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 06:58 AM

Dumbass who wasn't paying attention to OT says what?

Well, oops to begin with.  :whistle:

View Postobisidianstorm13, on Mar 5 2010, 02:18 PM, said:

Yep my government is a bunch of paranoid bunch of angry words I can't say right now.  Good luck with the visa thing.  It's why I emigrated to England-much easier than trying to get my husband to America.

Yeah, but despite on occasion being told that I hate america, I really do love a great many things about it. :p

Yup you want to Surf in Hawaii; the waves are fantastic for that.  I have never been to Hawaii so I was just wondering why there and not California or some other place; your reasons make sense to me because Hawaii is beautiful from the pictures.

Actually, I'm likely to wash ashore in California for a few years before heading out west. There's things I still want to do and I can't do all of them in Hawaii

View PostSparkyCola, on Mar 11 2010, 01:39 AM, said:

Do you have any mottoes?

Just one these days really. 'Strength is something you choose'. Mental strength, emotional strength, physcial strength. The strength to handle strife and to overcome adversity. It's a choice you make. A conscious decision that whatever happens, it won't break you.

View PostSparkyCola, on Mar 14 2010, 05:07 PM, said:

Someone put the Godeskian silhouette spotlight on! :D

Cue the dramatic music :p

View PostBad Wolf, on Mar 14 2010, 05:43 PM, said:

*pouts*

I remember you saying you were going to ask me about my views on spirituality, but then I couldn't find where you actually did. I'm here though, and willing to answer. :)

View PostAnalog Kid, on Mar 14 2010, 06:06 PM, said:

Rum, and pear-cider. I've become quite addicted to ciders in general actually.

View PostAnalog Kid, on Mar 14 2010, 06:07 PM, said:

He's a Cyberhippie™. We know what kind of trees he grows. ;)

If it was legal here, yes I would. I see hash and Marijuana as being very similar to alcohol, a choice of intoxicant with bad sideeffects, but it's not my place to judge if someone wants to get hammered on alcohol, nor is it my place to judge people getting stoned.

View PostCaptain Jack, on Mar 14 2010, 10:36 PM, said:

Or perhaps he did? ;)  Sometimes, questions best answered don't always come in the form of words, young grasshopper. :)

I think that's giving me way to much credit, but much obliged nonetheless :p

View PostRhea, on Mar 15 2010, 12:54 AM, said:

Or 'sir'.

View PostAnalog Kid, on Mar 15 2010, 05:10 AM, said:

I've had the male equivalent of that already. :p :p

Guess we're all fossils (and Sparky :p)

Defy Gravity!

The Doctor: The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles... and that's a theory. Nine hundred years and I've never seen one yet, but this will do me.

#33 Vapor Trails

Vapor Trails

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 09:27 AM

View PostGodeskian, on Mar 15 2010, 06:58 AM, said:

Guess we're all fossils (and Sparky :p)

Ahhhhhhhhhhh-Sparky's barely a tadpole. :p~

;)

BTW Sparky:

Do you have any mottoes?

Does Gode regularly carry tomatoes with him?? :blink: Perhaps he has a fetish we don't know about?? :blink:

:tomato:
Posted Image

#34 Vapor Trails

Vapor Trails

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 09:30 AM

View PostCaptain Jack, on Mar 15 2010, 02:13 AM, said:

View PostBad Wolf, on Mar 14 2010, 03:43 PM, said:

Who you calling YOUNG?

;)

Sorry, Ma'am. :p

Pfffffffft. :p~  :rolleyes:

Call her Lil of Many Wrinkles and be done with it. :p :p

Posted Image

#35 Vapor Trails

Vapor Trails

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 09:32 AM

View PostBad Wolf, on Mar 14 2010, 03:57 PM, said:

View PostAnalog Kid, on Mar 14 2010, 11:06 AM, said:

*pouts*

some people just can't help being smart alecks.   :headshake: :headshake: :headshake: :headshake: :headshake: :whatsthat:      

:p~

Sweetie, my name ISN'T Aleck. :p~ Stop snorting your kitties' catnip. :p~

And better to be smart than DUMB. :p~

:rolleyes:
Posted Image

#36 Rhea

Rhea

• Islander
  • 16,433 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 10:27 AM

Mmmmmmmm....pear cider. Cider generally means something different in the UK than it does here, as I found out the first time I ordered apple cider.  :whistle:

Gode, I was sort of expecting you to sing this thread. I'm visualizing something along the lines of HMS Pinafore..............of course, if you're hitting the cider "we are sober men" might not apply. :p :p
- Robert A. Heinlein

#37 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

• Islander
  • 38,881 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 11:13 AM

Looks like Digi doesn't have the corner on smart aleckiness:

Okay FINE.

Ahem.

Gode:  what are your views on spirituality.

And just for good measure:

Do you believe it's possible to be spiritual without being religious?  Why (either way)
Posted Image

#38 Godeskian

Godeskian

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 01:11 PM

View PostRhea, on Mar 15 2010, 03:27 PM, said:

Mmmmmmmm....pear cider. Cider generally means something different in the UK than it does here, as I found out the first time I ordered apple cider.  :whistle:

Heh, yeah but at least I can now go to the pub and enjoy a drink without having to deal with the inevitable hangover (from rum) or teasing (for Smirnoff Ice's)

Gode, I was sort of expecting you to sing this thread. I'm visualizing something along the lines of HMS Pinafore..............of course, if you're hitting the cider "we are sober men" might not apply. :p :p

I've been trying to filk "i am a modern major general' for about half an hour now, but with limited success. It just don't scan right :)

View PostBad Wolf, on Mar 15 2010, 04:13 PM, said:

Gode:  what are your views on spirituality.

Sorry, didn't actually mean to be a smartass.

Phillip Sheldrake called spirituality, the deepest values and meanings by which people live, and I agree with him. And to answer your other question as well, yes I believe you can be spiritual without being religious. In fact I do have faith, in people, in the general order of the universe, but without religion. I believe that doing good is truly the only thing that matters in life. Everything else is secondary to the fact that if I'm right, and all we leave in this life is people who think of us, then they might as well think well of us for having done good things.

If spirituality is the search for values in ourselves, then religion is not a necessity. It can be an aid, and I've known more than a few religious people who were good people, but I've known as many who weren't religious and still good people.

Kindness, selflesness, generosity, all of these things are important. A willingness to plant your feet and say no when someone does you wrong, a willingness to defend yourself and others from malice, while at the same time taking personal responsibility for your choices, good or bad. A willingness to take neither yourself nor life in general too seriously. To be willing to laugh in the face of anything. These are important values to me.

Defy Gravity!

The Doctor: The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles... and that's a theory. Nine hundred years and I've never seen one yet, but this will do me.

#39 SparkyCola

SparkyCola
  • Islander
  • 14,904 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 02:04 PM

Gode - I thought you were actually not that much older than me :unsure: You certainly don't belong in the Aged Islers club :p~

Sparky
Able to entertain a thought without taking it home to meet the parents

#40 Godeskian

Godeskian

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 04:15 PM

View PostSparkyCola, on Mar 15 2010, 07:04 PM, said:

Gode - I thought you were actually not that much older than me :unsure: You certainly don't belong in the Aged Islers club :p~

Sparky

I'm 29, in about 5 months my life is ending. Of course Life begins at 30, so Alpha, Omega, I guess ;)

Defy Gravity!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: OT'er of the week, Godeskian, 2010

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users