#42 Godeskian

Godeskian

You'll be seein' rainbooms

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 05:00 PM

View PostBad Wolf, on Mar 15 2010, 09:32 PM, said:

Thanks for answering.

Always. One thing I have never minded doing is explaing the how, why and what of Godeskian.

Defy Gravity!

The Doctor: The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles... and that's a theory. Nine hundred years and I've never seen one yet, but this will do me.

#43 Rhea

Rhea

• Islander
  • 16,433 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 10:06 PM

View PostGodeskian, on Mar 15 2010, 10:11 AM, said:

If spirituality is the search for values in ourselves, then religion is not a necessity. It can be an aid, and I've known more than a few religious people who were good people, but I've known as many who weren't religious and still good people.

Kindness, selflesness, generosity, all of these things are important. A willingness to plant your feet and say no when someone does you wrong, a willingness to defend yourself and others from malice, while at the same time taking personal responsibility for your choices, good or bad. A willingness to take neither yourself nor life in general too seriously. To be willing to laugh in the face of anything. These are important values to me.

Well said.
The future is better than the past. Despite the crepehangers, romanticists, and anti-intellectuals, the world steadily grows better because the human mind, applying itself to environment, makes it better. With hands...with tools...with horse sense and science and engineering.
- Robert A. Heinlein

When I don’t understand, I have an unbearable itch to know why. - RAH

Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done. One could write a history of science in reverse by assembling the solemn pronouncements of highest authority about what could not be done and could never happen.  - RAH

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: OT'er of the week, Godeskian, 2010

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users