Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

New RP...Things that go BUMP in the night...

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#41 Shalamar

Shalamar

Last Star to the Left and Straight on till Morning

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 22 January 2003 - 07:52 AM

Fine by me! :devil: but would  you really like being chilly all the time?

Just to keep all advised the site is up and running, if still under construction.

I would like to have PM's or email with a bit of character write up by Sunday, from every one.

I am seriously hopeing to start the game next Monday!

The three most important R's
Respect for One's Self / Respect for Others / Responsibility for One's Words & Actions.

Posted Image

#42 Jid

Jid

Mad Prophet of Funk

• Islander
  • 12,554 posts

Posted 25 January 2003 - 01:19 PM

Well, I've decided on being a Shaman, probably with a Raccoon Totem.

(Yes, I'm going to be a compulsive thief and mischief maker.  Can't you just see it? ;) )

:D

#43 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,343 posts

Posted 27 January 2003 - 05:04 AM

Shal - for now can I have the first Av that appears on your Av page  thank you :)

It's very complex. If the pizza man truly loves this babysitter, why does he keep slapping her rear? Perhaps she has done something wrong ~ Castiel

#44 XxTyrxX

XxTyrxX

Like chocolate for the ears...

• Islander
  • 813 posts

Posted 27 January 2003 - 10:47 AM

Shal, did oyu get my bio and av request?  :) :)

#45 The Tyrant

The Tyrant

R.I.P. Martin Landau

• Islander
  • 3,174 posts

Posted 18 January 2003 - 02:54 PM

I prefer vampires, myself......just hope there are plenty of humans, because I hate fishing.... :D

Also, I'm sticking to human....want to get away from DROM-related stuff for a bit....

Hope springs eternal, and is eternally dashed

"Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Which is a problem....
if you're powerless." - Drago Museveni

'God is a comedian playing to an audience afraid to laugh' - Voltaire

'It's in your nature to destroy yourselves.' - the Terminator, about Humanity.

"Who knew the divine was such a dissolute, horny drunk?  Although that would explain a hell of a lot about this series... " - Christopher, about Battlestar Galactica

#46 XxTyrxX

XxTyrxX

• Islander
  • 813 posts

Posted 19 January 2003 - 08:56 PM

Richie: Thanks!  I knew that but it was somewhere off in the back of my mind lost...  ;)  

Shal: Yep, you betcha.  I am game to play.

#47 silverwind

silverwind

Not the only one

• Islander
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 20 January 2003 - 03:28 PM

Oooh, sounds cool.  I'd love to join, if you're willing to accept an RP newbie. :)  And, since no one else has opted for it. . .Mind if I'm a ghost? :D  ???
Proud ally and supporter of Euro-snobs and international flakes.

Signs your coworker may be able to manipulate time:  "Is this the first time you've called here before?"

Signs your coworker needs to work on their vocabularly:  A:  "It opens up in Notepad and it's just jibberish."  B:  "So you can't understand it?"

#48 Godeskian

Godeskian

You'll be seein' rainbooms

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 22 January 2003 - 03:02 AM

If it's okay with you, i'll probably use the standard WW ones included in the mage's book

(this is fun stuff, like a permanent cold draft accompanying you and things like that)

Defy Gravity!

The Doctor: The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles... and that's a theory. Nine hundred years and I've never seen one yet, but this will do me.

#49 Shalamar

Shalamar

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 23 January 2003 - 05:07 PM

Silverwind, you siad you wanted to play a ghost, right?  I will PM you tonight with a list of ghostly abilities...I think that you will have fun with them. :devil:

XT I will PM you with info on Werewolf's abilities...but if I remember correctly you are familiar with the Lukoi from the Anita Blake books...use that as your basis.

I am building a website so players can have their characters and picc's of their characters posted there, also for the players to go and get new information, etc...hmmm...goes off to see if a message board can be added for game play discussion, comments, questions and such....

Respect for One's Self / Respect for Others / Responsibility for One's Words & Actions.

Posted Image

#50 RommieSG

RommieSG

Heir to the Empire

• Islander
  • 17,191 posts

Posted 27 January 2003 - 02:14 AM

Ilphi, on Jan. 26 2003,07:04, said:

Okay folks, I'm probobly doing this wrong but here is what i have come up with:

Name: Niko Sigrdrifa

Race: Male Human

Ht:6”3            Wt: 197lbs.     Marital Status: Widower

Hair: Black, with several streaks of grey at the back and a trimmed moustache bellow the nose.

Scars/ Birth Marks/ Tatoos: Slightly disfiguring scar on skull from blade blow but covered by hair.

Body Build: Well built but not overly muscular.

Profession: Ex-Soldier of the Free Lance Corps.

Relatives: Widowed Husband, One Son left in Goll

Known History:  Niko was born and raised in the Goll flatlands and the most obvious profession for a young man not keen on a life of farming is to join the army. Progressing quickly from basic Militia into the Lance Corps, Niko was eventually put in command of the third brigade.

Attracting attention Niko released a bound concubine from her relationship to a duke and married her. Sigrún bore a son to him and there was a short period of happiness. Sigrún was, un-known to most, a Terra Witch who practiced regularly and had some considerable power. However his actions had understandably angered the Duke and he waited several years to extract vengeance.

Once he had influence in the Goll court he sent the third brigade on a rather suicidal mission into the valley of fire. Almost the entire battalion was killed or captured and Niko went home in disgrace.

Sigrún was taken from him by the Duke and when she refused to perform his wishes she was killed. Because she was a witch her soul had a degree of control however and fused temporarily into the Earth.

Niko was not allowed to extract revenge as it was considered he had lost all honor. He was discharged from the army. But Sigrún soul never really left him, and fused into his own body. His deep blue eyes gained flashes of green and she formed a new bond with him. Although they cannot directly communicate or talk, Niko can now perform some magic’s with his wife’s willpower inside him. However the magic use is slightly erratic and can be dangerous in times.
My apologies Ilphi, I will have your profile added to the site tomorrow. :blush:

Rommie

Posted Image

#51 Shalamar

Shalamar

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 27 January 2003 - 10:42 AM

That is the voice of my wonderful site constructor...fantastic person that he is ...but yeah, he sounds a lot different from me..or at least I hope he does...

He may love my accent, but I think he be a little upset if we sounded alike.

Posted Image

#52 jodihopper

jodihopper

chubby little hopping mouse

• Islander
  • 587 posts

Posted 18 January 2003 - 02:57 PM

Debunker here please

#53 RommieSG

RommieSG

Heir to the Empire

• Islander
  • 17,191 posts

Posted 19 January 2003 - 07:26 PM

Grim reaper, on Jan. 19 2003,16:19, said:

Ooops, that might be a problem for me because I have no idea who that is.  If I just have the jist of it, I will be okay.
The Page of Eternal Life

Anita Blake Compendium

These are two top notch sites pertaining to Anita Blake, Jade. Give em a looksee. I'd recommend at least reading 'Guilty Pleasures' the first book in the series, if you have the time. :)

Rommie :blush:

Posted Image

#54 XxTyrxX

XxTyrxX

• Islander
  • 813 posts

Posted 20 January 2003 - 08:35 PM

Soooo... this is gonna be WW.  I have played Mage: TA.  I had a fairly high level Virtual Adept.  Will be my first time playing a Werewolf.  :) :)
Good... Bad... I'm the one with the gun.  -  Ash (A.o.D)

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

"If you want to kick the tiger in his ass, you'd better have a plan for dealing with his teeth. - Brian Caruso
Teeth of the Tiger

#55 Shalamar

Shalamar

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 22 January 2003 - 02:59 AM

Not at all Richie, unless someone wants to use them for their character.

There will not be rolls against them or any thing like that ..these are options for fleshing out characters, things to help remind the player how they envision their character.

Not every one is perfect...the  flaws and advantages can give a character flavor.

Posted Image

#56 silverwind

silverwind

Not the only one

• Islander
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 23 January 2003 - 08:44 PM

LTA--I think it should be okay.  Its not like our characters are going to be the same kind or anything. :) ;)

Shal--That'd be great.  If you can't get the board PM to work for any reason, my email is silverwind126 at yahoo.com.  And, as usual, I'll be in chat until the wee hours of the morning. :look: :thumbs:

Proud ally and supporter of Euro-snobs and international flakes.

Signs your coworker may be able to manipulate time:  "Is this the first time you've called here before?"

Signs your coworker needs to work on their vocabularly:  A:  "It opens up in Notepad and it's just jibberish."  B:  "So you can't understand it?"

#57 Shalamar

Shalamar

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 27 January 2003 - 04:11 AM

Rommie, Looks great, and thank you ..

http://www.dancingdownmoon.com/

People this is the result of Rommies incredible patience and hard work!

If you don't see an av you like..and the quantity is very limited right now..please feel free to find one you like, and email it to me, or PM me a link etc, and as long as its legal to grab, we will!

Posted Image

#58 Godeskian

Godeskian

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 27 January 2003 - 09:01 AM

Shal, your voice, it sounds.....different somehow  :p

Defy Gravity!

The Doctor: The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles... and that's a theory. Nine hundred years and I've never seen one yet, but this will do me.

#59 Perpetual Malcontent

Perpetual Malcontent

The Eternal Explorer

• Islander
  • 308 posts

Posted 29 January 2003 - 02:44 AM

Are you still looking for players?
My karma ran over your dogma

"To have more, desire less"

"Religion is for people afraid of going to hell, spirituality is for people who have already been there."

You cannot simultaneously prevent and prepare for war - Albert Einstein

The poster formerly known as Senar :)

#60 Godeskian

Godeskian

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 29 January 2003 - 02:46 AM

I think it's a matter of building a character and jumping in :)

Defy Gravity!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users