Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

Fringe: White Tulip

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Poll: What did you think of this ep.? (7 member(s) have cast votes)

What did you think of this ep.?

1. Excellent (4 votes [57.14%])

Percentage of vote: 57.14%

2. Good (2 votes [28.57%])

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

3. Average (1 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

4. Fair (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. Poor (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 DWF

DWF

Dr. Who 1963-89, 1996, 2005-

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 06:53 PM

Spoilers

Passengers aboard a commuter train suddenly die, and the Fringe division discovers that all electrical equipment, as well as the bodies themselves, have been drained of power. Peter continues to be suspicious of Walter, who is still hiding a terrible secret.

The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

#2 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,865 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 09:06 PM

Ohh, I hate time-loop episodes.  It bores me seeing the same scenes enacted multiple times, even with variations.

So... Peter Weller turned himself into a cyborg?  That seems familiar somehow.  Except he's a time-travelling cyborg, and that's the wrong '80s movie. :D

And I can tell Zack & Ash didn't write this episode, because Walter's explanation of Einstein's theory was totally mangled.

And Walter looking for a miracle from God before he'd tell Peter?  That seems out of character.  Sure, there are scientists who have religious faith, but to interpret the idea of a miracle in such a literal way seems rather superstitious, not the way a man of science would approach a matter of faith.  Sure, Walter's not the most rational individual, but this is out of left field even for him.

Overall, the whole thing basically felt like an excuse to postpone Peter finding out the truth for another week.  They've really been stretching this out.

Nice to see Laara Sadiq again.  She had a minor role on Stargate SG-1 in one of its early seasons as the Gate room technician, the role that eventually was filled regularly by Gary Jones as Walter.  She's got a really nice voice.
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Facebook Author Page

#3 DWF

DWF

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 09:36 PM

View PostChristopher, on Apr 15 2010, 10:06 PM, said:

Nice to see Laara Sadiq again.  She had a minor role on Stargate SG-1 in one of its early seasons as the Gate room technician, the role that eventually was filled regularly by Gary Jones as Walter.  She's got a really nice voice.

Gary Jones was there from the start, she didn't come on SG1 til the end of the first season and Upgrades in 2000 was her last ep.

http://www.imdb.com/...eries#tt0118480
The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

#4 DWF

DWF

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 10:05 PM

At first this appeared to another Groundhog Day styled ep. but turned into something better, the parallels between Walter and Peck were interesting and his sacifice was in the end telegraphed but nicely done.

#5 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 22,632 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 12:04 AM

I thought this was extremely moving, all about moral choices.  The time travel-loop stuff was just window dressing.  There's no miraculous white tulip springing from the ground, just a message of forgiveness from one tortured soul to another.

Cardie
Nothing succeeds like excess.

#6 T_H_Phoenix

T_H_Phoenix
  • Islander
  • 792 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 08:57 AM

I liked this one a lot.  I especially liked how Walter just sat down with the bad guy and TALKED.
Posted Image

#7 enTranced

enTranced

Chasing Your Starlight!

• Islander
  • 15,772 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 09:37 AM

View PostCardie, on Apr 16 2010, 05:04 AM, said:

I thought this was extremely moving, all about moral choices.  The time travel-loop stuff was just window dressing.  There's no miraculous white tulip springing from the ground, just a message of forgiveness from one tortured soul to another.

Cardie

I gotta go with Cardie. I LOVED this episode and it was very moving and full of wonderful character work and we even get Peter Weller which is always a pleasure.

enTranced
Posted Image

#8 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

Luck is when opportunity meets preparation

• Islander
  • 38,881 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 07:00 PM

On the one hand, the acting was superb and the very end was extraordinary.  On the other the time travel part of the story was predictable to the point of reminding me of many many episodes of Outer Limits so it really had no impact at all.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users