What Ash and a guy with a similar name are working on...

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 MuseZack

MuseZack

132nd S.O.C.

• Demigod
  • 5,430 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 12:47 AM

....among other things.  Yeah, they spelled it wrong.  Yeah what else is new....

http://www.deadline....en-first-class/

Before talks hit the rocks late last week, Vaughn had developed a creative partnership with original X-Men director Bryan Singer, who hatched an origin story that he was going to direct until Warner Bros locked him in for Jack The Giant Killer and Fox couldn't wait. The film has undergone a late stage rewrite by Ashley Miller & Jack Stentz, the duo that did the same thing on another marvel property, Thor. Singer will produce with Lauren Shuler Donner and Simon Kinberg.

"Some day, after we have mastered the wind, the waves, the tides, and gravity,
We shall harness for God the energies of Love.
Then, for the second time in the history of the world,
we will have discovered fire."
--Father Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

#2 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

Luck is when opportunity meets preparation

• Islander
  • 38,844 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 01:37 AM

So, since the article is written about as clear as mud, does this in fact mean you two are going to do something with X-Men?

Like, you know, make it GOOD?  FINALLY?????

:D
Posted Image

#3 Rhys

Rhys

... a learning experience.

• Islander
  • 5,412 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 06:01 AM

Wow, way cool!

But... if it's Zack's evil twin working with Ash, are we all doomed? :)
"It's easy to bond over hating something together - The Internet is total proof of that." Cyd/Codex, The Guild

Change the world!  No one can do everything, but everyone can do something.

#4 NexusNine

NexusNine

The Dystopian Cyber-Punk

• Islander
  • 4,282 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 07:21 AM

Hi Ja... Errr... Zack.  Honestly, you two must be in comic book heaven if this news is true.  Confirm or deny? :)
Posted Image
My Horror Film Short: on YouTube
Slipfighter's Drawings: Nocturnal Edition: http://www.exisle.ne...showtopic=46699  
Slipfighter's Drawings: Regular Edition: http://www.exisle.ne...showtopic=34628  
Original Ex Isle Screen Name: Slipfighter

#5 writergroupie

writergroupie

Mad for Moffat...

• Demigod
  • 4,449 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 09:44 AM

Very cool!  Congrats! :)

Hmm, I seem to have lost my avatar image. :(

Edited by writergroupie, 04 May 2010 - 09:45 AM.

I write, therefore I am.

But... but... if it's not magic and sparkly how can I use it to reshape the universe?  Without the magic sparklies, it's like... just a metaphor.
-- Me (on bonsai)

#6 BklnScott

BklnScott

FKA ScottEVill

• Islander
  • 17,586 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 10:06 AM

That Jack is a great writer!  :devil:

CONGRATS!!  I'm excited!

There isn't enough mommy in the world to further a cause like yours!

#7 Gilgamash

Gilgamash

FoW

• Demigod
  • 528 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 11:31 AM

For the record, working with Jack has been one of the great professional experiences of my life. Who knew Zack's brother was so smart, talented and easy with a joke? Thanks Zack for taking it all so well. I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

"Ashley is a machine for turning Diet Coke™ into screenplays."

#8 BklnScott

BklnScott

FKA ScottEVill

• Islander
  • 17,586 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 11:45 AM

I thought Jack was his lookalike cousin.  My mistake!

There isn't enough mommy in the world to further a cause like yours!

#9 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 31,762 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 11:49 AM

Weird that they would get "Stentz" right and screw up "Zack."
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Christopher L. Bennett Homepage -- Site update 4/8/14 including annotations for Rise of the Federation: Tower of Babel
Written Worlds -- My blog
Facebook Author Page

#10 T_H_Phoenix

T_H_Phoenix
  • Islander
  • 792 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 11:53 AM

They appear to have fixed it.  Said Zack when I read it just now.

Oh, and by the way. HOLY CRAP!  That's some of the best news I've heard in a while.
Posted Image

#11 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

Luck is when opportunity meets preparation

• Islander
  • 38,844 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 12:41 PM

Yeah they fixed it.  I've also seen them say "Zach" or "Zac".

Personally I think Jack and Evil LOP are engaged in a plot to subvert the entertainment industry to implement rule by purple pixies.

Edited by Bad Wolf, 04 May 2010 - 12:42 PM.

Posted Image

#12 T_H_Phoenix

T_H_Phoenix
  • Islander
  • 792 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 12:53 PM

View PostBad Wolf, on 04 May 2010 - 12:41 PM, said:

Yeah they fixed it.  I've also seen them say "Zach" or "Zac".

Personally I think Jack and Evil LOP are engaged in a plot to subvert the entertainment industry to implement rule by purple pixies.

I haven't seen them.  Do they have goatees?  That's a dead giveaway if they do.
Posted Image

#13 Rhys

Rhys

... a learning experience.

• Islander
  • 5,412 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 01:09 PM

Do Zack, Zach, Zac, and Jack each get their own paycheque?
"It's easy to bond over hating something together - The Internet is total proof of that." Cyd/Codex, The Guild

Change the world!  No one can do everything, but everyone can do something.

#14 Nonny

Nonny

Scourge of Pretentious Bad Latin

• Islander
  • 28,094 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 02:50 PM

View Postwritergroupie, on 04 May 2010 - 09:44 AM, said:

Very cool!  Congrats! :)

Hmm, I seem to have lost my avatar image. :(
Happens to the best of us.   ;)   I got mine back with a lot of help over at AQG.
Emma Glitch's Reason to Live  http://emmaglitch.com/
because every disabled veteran deserves a fighting chance for a good life!

Posted Image

The once and future Nonny

"One man's vulgarity is another's lyric."  Justice John Marshall Harlan, 1971

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.  

If the Dems are "job killers" then the GOP are job abortionists.  

Fatal miscarriages are forever.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

Tea Party organizers may want to run away from the facts, but they're not that fast, and the American people are not that slow.  Charles M. Blow

GOP holding up health care, your money or your life.  

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

Continue to say nothing if you agree. House

If corporations are people, NBC was my first wife!  P J O'Rourke

#15 Nonny

Nonny

• Islander
  • 28,094 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 02:51 PM

View PostChristopher, on 04 May 2010 - 11:49 AM, said:

Weird that they would get "Stentz" right and screw up "Zack."
No kidding!    :lol:

Posted Image

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.  

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

Tea Party organizers may want to run away from the facts, but they're not that fast, and the American people are not that slow.  Charles M. Blow

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

#16 Nonny

Nonny

• Islander
  • 28,094 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 02:54 PM

View PostMuseZack, on 04 May 2010 - 12:47 AM, said:

....among other things.  Yeah, they spelled it wrong.  Yeah what else is new....

http://www.deadline....en-first-class/

Before talks hit the rocks late last week, Vaughn had developed a creative partnership with original X-Men director Bryan Singer, who hatched an origin story that he was going to direct until Warner Bros locked him in for Jack The Giant Killer and Fox couldn't wait. The film has undergone a late stage rewrite by Ashley Miller & Jack Stentz, the duo that did the same thing on another marvel property, Thor. Singer will produce with Lauren Shuler Donner and Simon Kinberg.

Except for that, good job!    :D

Posted Image

#17 scruffylookin

scruffylookin

Observer

• Islander
  • 425 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 04:11 PM

LOL  Twin(s)...who knew?  Is that anything like twin sons of different mothers? Maybe the team whould be just "A 2 Z" covering it all LOL   Kudos guys, that's definitely landing the big one!  Looking forward to seeing it produced!
"

wise words to contemplate...

"...you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our point of view." - Obi Wan Kenobi

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,
but by the moments that take our breath away..." Unknown (If you know, email me. Possibly dominique,eugene nicole?)

"The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed." -Carl Jung

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." --Mark Twain--

#18 DWF

DWF

Dr. Who 1963-89, 1996, 2005-

• Islander
  • 47,720 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 04:14 PM

View PostGilgamash, on 04 May 2010 - 11:31 AM, said:

For the record, working with Jack has been one of the great professional experiences of my life. Who knew Zack's brother was so smart, talented and easy with a joke? Thanks Zack for taking it all so well. I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

LOL! I suppose it could be worse, they could said you're Jack's wife Ashley.  :hehe:
The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

#19 scruffylookin

scruffylookin

Observer

• Islander
  • 425 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 04:17 PM

View PostDWF, on 04 May 2010 - 04:14 PM, said:

View PostGilgamash, on 04 May 2010 - 11:31 AM, said:

LOL! I suppose it could be worse, they could said you're Jack's wife Ashley.  :hehe:

LOL DWF ! truly wicked    I love it
"

wise words to contemplate...

"...you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our point of view." - Obi Wan Kenobi

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,
but by the moments that take our breath away..." Unknown (If you know, email me. Possibly dominique,eugene nicole?)

"The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed." -Carl Jung

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." --Mark Twain--

#20 T_H_Phoenix

T_H_Phoenix
  • Islander
  • 792 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 01:57 PM

Nice interview with the dynamic duo over at Io9
Posted Image

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users