• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SparkyCola

SparkyCola
  • Islander
  • 14,904 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 06:59 AM

Guardian

A boy who survived the Libya plane crash in which 103 people were killed is said to be in a satisfactory condition following surgery to his shattered legs.

Hameeda al-Saheli, the head of the paediatric unit at the Libyan hospital where the boy was being treated, said he was breathing normally and his vital organs were intact.

The official Libyan news agency has named the survivor of the disaster as 10-year-old Ruben van Ashout. The plane crashed as it approached Tripoli airport for landing.

Poor kid :(

Others victims included 59 Dutch nationals, seven South Africans, two Libyans, two Austrians, a German, a Zimbabwean and a French national.

The 11 members of the crew were all Libyan, while the nationalities of 17 passengers are yet to be confirmed.

The Netherlands tourism board has said 61 Dutch people were been killed. Many were returning from a spring break in South Africa.

Experts from the Toulouse-based aircraft manufacturer Airbus have joined air crash investigators in an attempt to find the cause.

Pictures of the wrecked Airbus 330-200 appeared to show it had crashed short of the runway. The plane had only been delivered to the airline last autumn. It was on a flight from Johannesburg to Tripoli and seven passengers had been booked to fly on to Gatwick.

Sparky
Able to entertain a thought without taking it home to meet the parents

#2 FnlPrblm

FnlPrblm
  • Administrator
  • 12,507 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 09:06 AM

It's sometimes so bizarre how things/miracles like this happen.  I'd say I'm happy to see that he/someone survived, but what a long and sad road he has ahead of him. :(

But Sparky, you really should look at the title you posted...

Attached Files

"It is an old maxim of mine that when you have excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." --- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: The Beryl Coronet

The Boscombe Valley Mystery: "There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact."

"Nothing astonishes men so much as common sense and plain dealing." --- Ralph Waldo Emerson 'Art,' 1841

"Such welcome and unwelcome things at once, 'Tis hard to reconcile." --- Macbeth IV.III.138-9

LauraBertram.net

"Once in one's life, for one mortal moment, one must make a grab for immortality; if not, one has not lived." -- Sylvester Stallone

Time to eat all your words, swallow your pride, open your eyes...Sowing the Seeds of Love - Tears4Fears

#3 Vapor Trails

Vapor Trails

In a world where I feel so small, I can't stop thinking big.

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 07:28 PM

They just HAD to publish a picture of this poor boy, bruised-up, in a hospital bed. :angry: And all the SHEEPLE press in different areas are following suit, plastering this child's picture all over the place.  :headshake: :angry:

It's times like these that I REALLY hate the press. :angry: It would have shown TOO much class I guess to leave the poor child alone and respect his privacy.  :glare:

F*cking A**HOLES. :angry:
Posted Image

Politicians are like bananas; they hang together, they're all yellow, and there's not a straight one among them.

"We're relevant for $ and a vote once every two years. Beyond that, we're completely irrelevant, except of course to consume, and preach the gospel according to [insert political demigod here]."--Cait

#4 Vapor Trails

Vapor Trails

In a world where I feel so small, I can't stop thinking big.

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 07:29 PM

They just HAD to publish a picture of this poor boy, bruised-up, in a hospital bed. :angry: And all the SHEEPLE press in different areas are following suit, plastering this child's picture all over the place.  :headshake: :angry:

It's times like these that I REALLY hate the press. :angry: It would have shown TOO much class I guess to leave the poor child alone and respect his privacy.  :glare:

F*cking A**HOLES. :angry:
Posted Image

Politicians are like bananas; they hang together, they're all yellow, and there's not a straight one among them.

"We're relevant for $ and a vote once every two years. Beyond that, we're completely irrelevant, except of course to consume, and preach the gospel according to [insert political demigod here]."--Cait

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Disasters, 2010, Libyan Plane crash

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users