2 replies to this topic

#1 Rov Judicata

Rov Judicata

Crassly Irresponsible and Indifferent

• Islander
  • 15,720 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 07:38 PM

http://www.bayarea.c...all/6473982.htm

SAN FRANCISCO - The California Supreme Court on Thursday declined to intervene in the recall election, clearing the way for an Oct. 7 vote on whether or not to remove Gov. Gray Davis from office and replace him with someone from a list of qualified candidates.

Another, filed by Gov. Gray Davis, sought to delay the entire vote until March amid accusations that some of the state's counties would otherwise use outdated punch-card machines. Another asked the court to review the requirement that candidates need $3,500 and 65 signatures of registered voters to get on the ballot.

The delay is the most significiant

Also check out: http://www.bayarea.c...all/6482760.htm

Bcecause of the costitutional issues, there's also the possibility that we'll have federal intervention here.

So far, however, it looks like the judicial body is staying out....
St. Louis must be destroyed!

Me: "I have a job and five credit cards and am looking into signing a two year lease.  THAT MAKES ME OLD."
Josh: "I don't have a job, I have ONE credit card, I'm stuck in a lease and I'm 28! My mom's basement IS ONE BAD DECISION AWAY!"
~~ Josh, winning the argument.

"Congress . . . shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis[.]" ~1 U.S.C. 1, selectively quoted for accuracy.

#2 aphrael

aphrael
  • Islander
  • 282 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 07:45 PM

The courts should've stayed out of the national election as well.  :(

:elf:

#3 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

Luck is when opportunity meets preparation

• Islander
  • 38,881 posts

Posted 08 August 2003 - 12:53 PM

what aphrael said.

Lil
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: California, Supreme Court, Recall cases, 2003

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users