• This topic is locked This topic is locked
534 replies to this topic

#521 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:45 AM

Vincent went straight to his room when they reached the inn and he fed on one of the girls there, letting Nissa go and help tend to the others, knowing she was worried about Darryl. Once he'd fed enough to finish healing, he lay in the bed and fell asleep, sleep was what he needed right now since food would do him no good.

Nissa helped Graayth bring in food for all of the others after she made sure that Vincent didn't need anything other than to feed and sleep. She was relieved to see that Darryl was in very good health compared to the others, but she also knew that he was one of their ranged hunters, not having the skill or strength to fight close up. Of course, having ranged hunters was vital to any hunter group since it gave them an edge that they wouldn't have, they could pelt a target with arrows from a distance and be safe from most attacks. She brought him some food over and handed it to him, smiling at him as she did so. "I'm glad to see that everyone made it back all right." She said to him.

Sephira snuggled up against Gaelan when he picked her up and carried her back to the inn. She did her best to stay awake because she knew it would go badly if she didn't eat before she let herself sleep. She was relieved when Graayth and Nissa brought in food for them and she ate slowly and as much as she could after Gaelan brought it over to her. She then yawned mightily and lay back against her pillows and fell asleep quickly.

Talyn walked beside Gaelan on the way back to the inn, ready to take Sephira if he showed signs of weakening before they made it to the inn. He went up to their room with Jo and watched as she cleaned and redressed her own wounds, knowing she had probably done that many times before he found her. When Graayth and Nissa brought in food for them, he retrieved enough of it for both of them and brought it to their room. He sat beside her on the bed and ate his, very relieved to know that they had gotten out of that alive and in relatively good shape.

#522 Brit

Brit

Born too Soon

• Islander
  • 3,107 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 04:29 PM

Gaelan had a little food and some water.  He watched Sephira for a while as she slept.  He had been so worried for her but now she was safe and he could relax.  He climbed into the bed beside her and took her in his arms, she was so deeply asleep that she hardly stirred.  Gaelan fell asleep quickly, he was very tired and he hadn't been through the ordeal that some of the others had experienced.

Edited by Brit, 19 July 2011 - 04:29 PM.

#523 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,698 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 07:06 PM

Darryl dropped his cloak in his room and went to The Professor's room. The Professor was being served tea by Eru and already seemed back to his usual self even if he wasn't back to full strength, Darryl thought that being that well when he was older was something he could aspire to. "I think Eru rescued your stick Professor." he said before helping himself to a little of the food that Graayth provided.

The Professor was sipping his tea and nodded a greeting to Darryl as he entered the room. Then, when Darryl mentioned that Eru had rescued his walking stick, he sputtered tea into the air. "Dear girl, have you done so?" he asked. "I expected it to be lost forever, or hidden somewhere in the Vampire's mansion."

"Yes, it's back in my room, Professor," replied Eru. "I wanted to use it to kill Aseina, but I think I'd need years of training to use it without dropping it or hitting myself in the head. I don't know how you do it. I'll go get it for you."

#524 Balthamos

Balthamos

Once more unto the breach!

• Islander
  • 2,280 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 12:27 PM

Even though everyone was hurt Darryl couldn't help but grin when Nissa came over to him. He guessed that relative to the hunters she wasn't in any real danger but accidents at either end could have stopped a reunion. "Me too, but if this is "all right" I don't think I want to see a bad hunt." He worried. He took the plate of food offered and realised that his hands were full, which was a shame since he really wanted to give Nissa a hug.

#525 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 09:58 PM

Nissa understood Darryl's reaction and she smiled. "A bad hunt is when a hunter doesn't make it back." She said. "It happened not very long ago. Another Elviri, Tialyn, didn't make it back from a hunt. We were in Sephira's home town and it had been taken by crocodilian lycans. It was terrible, we were all her friends." Nissa had lost her smile as she briefly explained that, then she smiled again. "But it's worth the effort, because if people did nothing, then the evil supernaturals would take over the world. They all know that some day they won't come back from a hunt either, but they keep on hunting."

#526 Balthamos

Balthamos

• Islander
  • 2,280 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 06:39 PM

Darryl didn't really know what to say to that; it wasn't really the answer he was expecting but what else was the answer really? It was one of the things that he'd thought of when he asked Jo about the hunter group, you couldn't go on winning forever and when you were fighting supernatural creatures that could crush most humans with a thought it was probably more common than anyone would like to think. He wasn't sure how but he managed to lose a plate and take one of Nissa's hands, still having no idea what to say he squeezed it gently as he watched the others in the room.

#527 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,698 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 07:42 PM

Having retrieved Professor Senegoid's walking stick from its hiding place in her room, Eru rushed back to the Professor's room.  "Here it is, Professor, safe and sound," she said. She immediately tripped over the threshold of the doorway and sprawled face first on the bed, bouncing backward toward Darryl and Nissa, who barely dodged in time, and landed in the high-backed chair next to the dresser, which tumbled backward, leaving her sprawling on the floor.

When Eru stumbled over the threshold, the walking stick flew out of her hands, flew up into the air and embedded itself in the ceiling over the bed. It hung there for three seconds-- giving Arjhay enough time to set his cup of tea aside on the nightstand-- and then dropped into the Professor's hands.  "Dear girl," he said, "nothing will ever be 'safe and sound' when you are in the area, but I will be eternally grateful to you for saving this priceless and beloved artifact."

#528 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 08:28 AM

Joanna smiled at Talyn as she finished tending to her injuries and changed into a clean robe. "Thanks Tal." She gave him a snuggle before eating the food that he'd brought for both of them. By the time they had finished eating the pain caused by tending to and bandaging her injuries had been reduced to a dull ache thanks to a salve that she'd put on it. She knew what plant it came from and was glad Sephira had shown her the recipe all those years ago. Now that they had made it back to safety, the battle was over and she was fed, she was getting very sleepy. "I'm more than ready to get some sleep." She said as she settled into bed. When Talyn joined her she cuddled up to him. Jo adored her mate. Amongst other things he was always there for her, a reliable, comforting presence in her life. Although right now he was warm and snuggly and now she was comfortable it only served to make her fall asleep quickly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Graayth smiled when Eru returned the Professor's stick to him in her usual fashion. Everyone had come and gotten their share of the food that he had brought and after eating a full meal himself he was satisfied that the Hunters were in good enough condition to rest comfortably. "Good night." He said to those around him before heading to the bathing rooms available to guests. He took the time to bathe and change into some loose cotton trousers and shirt before going to his room and settling down in bed to sleep.

#529 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 08:34 PM

"You're welcome." Talyn said as he sat to eat. He watched her get ready for bed, always enjoying the sight. He snuggled her when she lay down with him after he also pulled on some cotton trousers to sleep in. He cuddled her close and could tell when she fell asleep, and he smiled. He settled and made himself comfortable before falling asleep himself.

Nissa smiled when Darryl took her hand and held it, then she squeaked in surprise when Eru came barreling into the room in her usual fashion, and would have barreled straight into her and Darryl if they had not moved out of the way when they had, breaking the contact of their hands. How she kept from spilling her whole plate of food, she'll never know, but she then went over to Darryl. "Hurricane Eru strikes again." She whispered to him, smiling in amusement and eating what was on her plate before something happened to make her drop it.

#530 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 09:13 PM

Timejump: Five days later.

Time Stamp: 16:02

For two days the Hunters had stayed at the Inn to allow themselves time to rest and recuperate enough for travel. Even so, they took the journey in short and easy stages. They took regular breaks from riding and set camp early and broke camp late. They were in no rush to get home and it was important that those still recovering from the vampire bites got plenty of rest. Now they were approaching Delmi, going through the farmlands that surrounded the town.

Once the walls of Delmi were in sight, Graayth reined in his horse. "I will take my leave of you now." He announced to the other Hunters. "I live outside the town and it's quicker for me to get to my hut. I'll report in during our next midnight meeting." Joanna acknowledged Graayth as the Lycan dismounted and handed his reins to her so she could lead his horse back into Delmi. "All right, thanks for your help taking her down Graayth." She thanked him. Jo wished that more supernaturals would take up arms against their more evil kin however she was simply grateful for the assistance she did have. He nodded then walked across the fields towards his hut. She watched him for a moment then gestured for the others to resume travelling into Delmi. Already Jo was looking forward to spending some quiet time with Talyn. She would request that both of them could take a few days off. Heck, they all deserved some time off after the monster that they had killed.

#531 Brit

Brit

Born too Soon

• Islander
  • 3,107 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 06:15 PM

"Home," Gaelan exclaimed with a deep contented sigh.  "It's so good to be back."  He smiled at all his companions but the widest smile was for Sephira.  He had almost lost her and he felt as though he never wanted to let her out of his sight.  That of course was totally unrealistic, she had been hunting for far longer than he had and she could look after herself perfectly well.  However, he had almost lost her and he could not imagine life without her.

"I think we all need a holiday," he said.  "A few days doing exactly what we like, or doing nothing at all if that's the preferred option."

#532 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,698 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 07:12 PM

"Indeed, a short holiday would be agreeable," said Arjhay from his saddle on Rhiannon. "There are still several ancient ruins in the environs of Delmi that have not yet been properly documented. Translating some unknown hieroglyphs and crawling through narrow underground tunnels in search of obscure artifacts would be just the tonic for the rigors of the past couple of weeks."

Slouching sleepily atop Home Stretch, Eru smiled. "Actually, that does sound like a lot of fun," she said. "And I still have a long way to go in compiling my notes on the spoken Kilairi language for my thesis. It might even become a book." She laughed. "We archaeologists sure know how to let our hair down."

Edited by RJDiogenes, 27 July 2011 - 07:13 PM.

#533 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 05:59 PM

Sephira spent the time at the inn and the trip back resting and eating. Not that she could have done anything else with the way Gaelan brought her everything she needed and kept her comfortable and spoiled as best he could during the trip. Now they were almost home and she smiled when Gaelan mentioned it was good to be back. It was good to be back. She knew he'd been worried about her and that he was scared for her at the same time that he trusted that she could take care of herself. She could, but even the best of them weren't perfect, nor could they always stay clear of injury, it was part of the job and it was a job she wouldn't trade for any other. She sighed and leaned against him where she was sitting in the wagon next to him. "It'll be good to do nothing for a few days, unless a medical emergency comes up." She said.

"It's been a pleasure, as always." Vincent said to Graayth and the others when the werewolf went his own way. "I'll take my leave as well and see you at the next meeting." He waited while Nissa said her farewells to Darryl before turning his horse's head and heading for his winery. Tommy could run the place for another day or so while he finished recovering and the others would take care of the girls.

Nissa smiled at Darryl when Vincent paused at the spot where they would break off from the group. "I'm glad you weren't hurt." She told him. "Maybe I'll see you again sometime when I'm in town." She turn her horse with the others and they made their way to the winery, all of them in various stages of exhaustion from the trip itself and from letting Vincent sustain himself. They would all need several days to recuperate, but there was plenty of help and she smiled at the thought of getting a warm bath once she got home.

#534 Balthamos

Balthamos

• Islander
  • 2,280 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 02:45 AM

Darryl nodded to Nissa, while he was looking forward to getting home he hadn't really enjoyed the journey, even though Vincent never took too much when he fed it was still exhausting for Nissa and he didn't like seeing her unwell.

"Maybe I'll see you again sometime when I'm in town."

"You can come and visit, I'm sure I'll have lots of work to come back too if Seraph hasn't given my job to someone else. And I'm sure Jo hasn't finished my training so I'll be back up to the winery after everyone's rested."

Darryl jumped down and left the horse with the others, a short walk in Delmi found him at the shop, he opened the door to find the old elviri Seraph staring at him?

"Enjoy your holiday?" He barked. Then pointed to a large pile of damaged clothes that had accumulated in Darryl's absence.

#535 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 02:02 PM

Joanna rode to the Inn with the others and checked in the horses that they had used for the journey. Now that they were back it was quite likely that the Arl had finished or at least almost finished preparing a HQ and suitable staff for them to move in to their new role as the Guardian Unit of the City Guard. She knew that it would be a big change for her and the Hunters but she felt that it would be a good change, especially if it worked out well and other towns and cities recruited local bands of Supernatural Hunters into their own Guardian Units. Sandesina would be much better protected with organised and funded soldiers against evil supernatural types. But a meeting with the Arl would have to wait a few days, Jo decided as she took Talyn's hand and walked home with him. For the moment it was time to relax.

OOC: And that's this arc just about wrapped up. I'll be starting a new thread soon but this one will be open for a few days so you all can finish up here.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users