• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 RommieSG

RommieSG

Heir to the Empire

• Islander
  • 17,176 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 11:45 PM

Daigo Umehara once again proved that he is one of, if not the best Street Fighter in the world right now. Daigo defeated Ricky Ortiz in the EVO 2010 Super Street Fighter IV Tournament in his usual flashy fashion.

Everyone who knows about Street Fighter tournaments should know about Daigo's previous feats when he parried a 15 hit combo with zero health at the 2004 EVO tournament.

Posted Image

#2 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 07:08 AM

That was fun.  :)  I don't really "do" fighting games, but I like the play-by-play commentary from the announcer dudes.  :)
- Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me.    (Matthew 25:40)

- Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart.  (Proverbs 3:3)

#3 RommieSG

RommieSG

Heir to the Empire

• Islander
  • 17,176 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 08:35 PM

View PostNiko, on 13 July 2010 - 07:08 AM, said:

That was fun. :) I don't really "do" fighting games, but I like the play-by-play commentary from the announcer dudes. :)

Listen to Seth. While I like Adam Sessler, he has no idea what he's talking about when it comes to Fighting Game commentary :lol:
Posted Image

#4 Godeskian

Godeskian

You'll be seein' rainbooms

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 03:00 PM

fun match, but his semi against Justin Wong still stands as one of those epic HOLY S**T moments in SF history IMO. The thing of it is, he had to parry fifteen hits, happening over about 3 seconds, with such precision that if a single one got through, he was toast. I've been playing fighting games for years, and for all of that I know I could never have done that, heck I doubt most players could have done it.

It's the closest I think you come in SF to a genuinely impossible feat unless you're Daigo.

Defy Gravity!

The Doctor: The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles... and that's a theory. Nine hundred years and I've never seen one yet, but this will do me.

#5 RommieSG

RommieSG

Heir to the Empire

• Islander
  • 17,176 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 12:41 AM

In Gundam terminology, it would take the God Hand to be able to parry something like that. I don't think it can be, nor will ever be duplicated ever again.

I just need to learn to control my rage when I lose to a cheap custard button masher :p~
Posted Image

#6 Godeskian

Godeskian

You'll be seein' rainbooms

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 01:04 AM

That's more or less why I gave up on fighting games.

And the audio for that clip just says it all. About a third of the way through the parry people start to understand what he's trying to do, and the noise just builds from there.

Defy Gravity!

The Doctor: The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles... and that's a theory. Nine hundred years and I've never seen one yet, but this will do me.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users