Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

BP Admits To Altering Photos

BP spill altered photos 2010

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Vapor Trails

Vapor Trails

In a world where I feel so small, I can't stop thinking big.

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 07:41 PM

link

Tell me AGAIN why we should trust BP when they say they've stopped the leak???????????????

:headshake: :suspect:   :headshake:  :suspect:

:glare:
Posted Image

Politicians are like bananas; they hang together, they're all yellow, and there's not a straight one among them.

"We're relevant for $ and a vote once every two years. Beyond that, we're completely irrelevant, except of course to consume, and preach the gospel according to [insert political demigod here]."--Cait

#2 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 09:23 PM

View PostAnalog Kid, on 22 July 2010 - 07:41 PM, said:

link

Tell me AGAIN why we should trust BP when they say they've stopped the leak???????????????

:headshake: :suspect:   :headshake:  :suspect:

:glare:

I never trusted them in the first place. And as for the oil leak, if the US government had used my plan for getting BP to stop the leak...I'm pretty sure that BP would've stopped the leak much, much, much sooner.

Unfortunately I can't post my plan for getting BP to stop the leak on this board...as it probably would be wrongly interpreted, probably violate a couple laws, and it definately goes into the cruel and unusual category....Those of you who know me can just imagine what I thought up...LOL.
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#3 Palisades

Palisades

Northern Lights

• Islander
  • 7,753 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:27 PM

The edits on those two pictures appear to be for artistic/aesthetic reasons, and I don't have a problem with that. The earlier one with doctoring the command center from 2001 to show images of the leaking well was weird though because it makes me wonder why they just didn't show today's command center. (And also it was very misleading.)
"When the Fed is the bartender everybody drinks until they fall down." —Paul McCulley

"In truth, 'too big to fail' is not the worst thing we should fear – our financial institutions are now on their way to becoming 'too big to save'." —Simon Johnson

FKA:
TWP / An Affirming Flame / Solar Wind / Palisade

#4 NeuralClone

NeuralClone
  • Islander
  • 23,092 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 01:39 AM

I entered this thread expecting something far worse than what I got. As for my opinion, what Palisade said. I don't see anything wrong with the edits other than the fact that they're a little misleading.
"My sexuality's not the most interesting thing about me."
— Cosima Niehaus, Orphan Black, "Governed By Sound Reason and True Religion"

#5 Orpheus

Orpheus

I'm not the boss of you!

• Administrator
  • 17,870 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 02:22 AM

I don't see much wrong with the edits noted in the article.

But I'm somehow reminded of that kid in school (there was always one, every year) who couldn't help but embellish when there was no need -- and when there was any possibility of a need, look out!

That said: I don't trust BP or any corporation/govt. That's why we have oversight... or should have oversight

#6 Palisades

Palisades

Northern Lights

• Islander
  • 7,753 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 10:17 AM

Here's the picture of the edited command center I was talking about. They added in extra images on the screens. This link notes that even though the metadata says the picture was taken in March of 2001, the camera used wasn't released until 2007 so the camera's date is likely wrong.
"When the Fed is the bartender everybody drinks until they fall down." —Paul McCulley

"In truth, 'too big to fail' is not the worst thing we should fear – our financial institutions are now on their way to becoming 'too big to save'." —Simon Johnson

FKA:
TWP / An Affirming Flame / Solar Wind / Palisade

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: BP spill, altered photos, 2010

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users