7 replies to this topic

#1 NeuralClone

NeuralClone
  • Islander
  • 23,092 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 09:36 PM

ArenaNet's MMO Manifesto and Guild Wars 2 Gameplay Footage
http://www.guildwars...video-manifesto

Note: The graphics for Guild Wars 2 aren't finalized yet. Graphics are the last thing ArenaNet worries about and the game is expected to continue getting visual tweaks up until it goes gold. In other words, it's probably going to be looking even better by the time it comes out sometime next year.

Q&A:
http://www.gamespot....4&mode=previews

I really can't wait to play this game.

Edited by NeuralClone, 10 August 2010 - 10:44 PM.

"My sexuality's not the most interesting thing about me."
— Cosima Niehaus, Orphan Black, "Governed By Sound Reason and True Religion"

#2 NeuralClone

NeuralClone
  • Islander
  • 23,092 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 02:06 PM

Oh and have I mentioned that Felicia Day is going to be doing some voice acting work for this game as well? Well she is! :D Apparently she's playing one of the Asuran NPCs. Possibly some other characters as well. Between this, Fallout: New Vegas, Eureka, and The Guild, she sure is getting around these days. :cool:

#3 Thia The Muse

Thia The Muse

Galwit Mysto

• 893 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 02:34 PM

:drool: :drool:  
Oh god, I can't wait for the new Guild Wars!
"Things are rarely just crazy enough to work, but they're frequently just crazy enough to fail hilariously."
~xkcd, "The Race: Part 4"
Posted Image

#4 NeuralClone

NeuralClone
  • Islander
  • 23,092 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 03:11 PM

I know exactly what you mean! :D I've been closely following the development of this game for the past 3 years and I'm dying to get my hands on it. And each new update/interview that gets released just makes the game sound even better.

What's cool about the way ArenaNet is doing things with this is that the features they've said are in the game are already implemented. They aren't false promises. They're already working and working well. They aren't announcing features until the features are implemented and are working. And I'm loving how they're developing PvE and PvP as two separate games that will be sold as part of the same game and balanced separately.

So far, they've only officially announced 3 out of the 8 professions: warrior, ranger, and elementalist. Apparently, many of the classic professions will be returning in some form, even if they return with a new name due to the new play mechanics (e.g., the new ranger has more in common with the ranger from D&D now). Rumor has it that the assassin will be returning as a corsair-like class since there aren't any exotic weapons in the game. They could always call the profession a rogue but World of Warcraft has a rogue already and the last thing ANet wants is the game to be compared to WoW. I really hope those rumors about a corsair profession are true because that sounds pretty darn badass! :D It also makes a lot of sense given the high number of underwater areas that are going to be in the game.

Edited by NeuralClone, 12 August 2010 - 03:23 PM.

#5 Alica

Alica

Seek serenity, and if you can't find it, seek cupcakes

• 1,632 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 05:53 PM

It's late so I need to sleep, so all I can say "OMG that looks AMAZING!!!" Sooooo pretty. So excited about this.

Plus, I can hear obsidianstorm squealing over the purple dragon already :wink:
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons...for you are crunchy, and good with ketchup.
Posted Image

#6 NeuralClone

NeuralClone
  • Islander
  • 23,092 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 07:02 PM

I loved the part where the purple dragon made an appearance. :D

Edited by NeuralClone, 13 August 2010 - 12:19 PM.

#7 Balthamos

Balthamos

Once more unto the breach!

• Islander
  • 2,280 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 03:01 AM

So... will we be creating an EI guild or does everyone just want to use the forum to meet up and have a guild to make a TON of new friends?

#8 NeuralClone

NeuralClone
  • Islander
  • 23,092 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 11:35 AM

View PostBalthamos, on 13 August 2010 - 03:01 AM, said:

So... will we be creating an EI guild or does everyone just want to use the forum to meet up and have a guild to make a TON of new friends?
Well, I technically already have a guild that will be moving into GW2 (I think I'll be taking on a leadership role again) but we all love meeting and playing with new people. If there's an alliance system in GW2, we're going to be in need of some allies too. All of the guilds we were allied with over the past 5 years have either fallen apart or we had a falling out with due to them causing problems for our guildies.

Anyway, yes, I'd love to use EI as a means to meet up and possibly organize things in-game. :D I'm going to be building a new site for my guild when the game gets closer to launch but I don't see why we can't use both sites so we can include more people. :cool:

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users