Any Miniatures/Wargamers in the House?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 D'Monix

D'Monix
  • Islander
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 06:05 PM

I know we have computer players, and we have old school tabletop RPG players (im one of those)

But do we have any miniatures or wargamers in the house?

I play Battletech (and have for ages), Renegade Legion, Warhammer 40K and Fantasy, War of the Ring and the Lord of the Rings tactical game (from Games Workshop) and various micro armor games at times.

I also just picked up a copy of GDW's Johnny Reb Civil War Minis game from way back in 1988.  (actually, I have a spare of this game in like new condition, and would be willing to part with that one.)

anyone else?

#2 Talkie Toaster

Talkie Toaster

There's no Shepard without Vakarian

• Islander
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 12:16 PM

I wasted so much money on this bloody hobby over the years. Unfortunately I haven't played minature games for years- sadly I just don't have the time for it anymore.

I mainly collected games workshop games (40K, fantasy and Battlefleet gothic), but I also spent some time with Full Thrust. I collected a few fleets for that as well. It was good fun.

I spend most of my time with computer games these days and they do have a number of advantages, but I don't think anything will quite equal the experience of having your whole army out and the table groaning under the weight of them all. :)
Blessed is the mind too small for doubt.

#3 UoR11

UoR11
  • Islander
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 01:32 PM

I've played Blood Bowl off and on over the years. Well, actually, in recent years it's been a game that only bears surface similarities to Blood Bowl, as I've repeatedly rewritten the entire rule set. I played a bit of Warmachine as well. I do still paint up random minis just for the fun of it.
Yes, I am an economist. Yes, I do frequently sing "Can't Buy Me Love". No, I don't see any contradiction there.

#4 obsidianstorm13

obsidianstorm13
  • Islander
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 05:02 AM

I don't play BUT I would love to get my hands on the mini's and paint the little suckers.  I love painting and I think I could do a good job designing awesome armies of doom for other people.

#5 D'Monix

D'Monix
  • Islander
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 11:55 PM

^

there are people on ebay who do nothing but buy armies and then sell them for a helluvalot more after painting them up.

#6 D'Monix

D'Monix
  • Islander
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 11:56 PM

^

myself, though, i have sometimes bought stuff for a friend of mine in payment for him painting my army for me, since i work a lot.,

#7 UoR11

UoR11
  • Islander
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 01:35 AM

Tonight I finally got a chance to play Battleground, which uses cards in place of the units of miniatures, but plays very much like a normal minis game. It ended in a slaughter, mostly due to a major blunder at the start by my opponent that left his units scattered to the point that I could pick them off without retaliation, but it still seems like a well designed game.
Yes, I am an economist. Yes, I do frequently sing "Can't Buy Me Love". No, I don't see any contradiction there.

#8 obsidianstorm13

obsidianstorm13
  • Islander
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 04:44 AM

I don't have the start up capital for this endeavor lol.  I have about five different crafting projects alone that I need to finish.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users