Some characters I had designed for the office

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,050 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 12:20 PM

OK, this is my first time attempting to post a picture here -- so I hope I'm doing this right.

Basically, in coming up with the office business plan for this year, it was decided that we needed a cast of characters to represent what all our office (characterized by Innovata, and Team Vanguard*) faces when going forth to develop programs.  So, after first shooting down using clipart from the Internet, or using a program to distort photos of people in the workplace, and talking down the number of characters that I'd be developing, I went ahead and sketched them up (with pencil) and then colored them in (with colored pens and crayons).

I'm rather pleased with the result, and I hope you will be, too.  

TeamVanguard.JPG

*Team Vanguard was left purposefully blank slates so that they could don various costumes through out the business plan.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#2 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,050 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 02:43 PM

My latest agitprop for the office ;)

TUBA1.JPG

Of course, feedback is always welcomed.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself

Edited by G-man, 03 December 2010 - 12:41 PM.

Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#3 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,050 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 12:27 PM

View PostG-man, on 02 December 2010 - 02:43 PM, said:

My latest agitprop for the office ;)

Of course, feedback is always welcomed.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself

I should note, that in trying to execute the star-spangled field on the flag character, gave me a whole new appreciation for those artists who were drawing the stars on Wonder Woman's shorts.  

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
-- Doc Savage

#4 FnlPrblm

FnlPrblm
  • Administrator
  • 12,477 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 06:35 PM

.these are pretty cool, man.  How did they go at work?
"It is an old maxim of mine that when you have excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." --- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: The Beryl Coronet

The Boscombe Valley Mystery: "There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact."

"Nothing astonishes men so much as common sense and plain dealing." --- Ralph Waldo Emerson 'Art,' 1841

"Such welcome and unwelcome things at once, 'Tis hard to reconcile." --- Macbeth IV.III.138-9

LauraBertram.net

"Once in one's life, for one mortal moment, one must make a grab for immortality; if not, one has not lived." -- Sylvester Stallone

Time to eat all your words, swallow your pride, open your eyes...Sowing the Seeds of Love - Tears4Fears

#5 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,050 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 10:01 PM

View PostFnlPrblm, on 23 January 2011 - 06:35 PM, said:

.these are pretty cool, man.  How did they go at work?

Oh, they were quite welcomed.

The second set were the ones that everyone seemed to want their own copy of.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
-- Doc Savage

#6 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,050 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 08:29 AM

NickFury1.jpg

OK, this one was a result of a discussion with a friend where I was complaining that Agents of SHIELD should have been equal parts Spy-Thriller with a dash of comic book elements, and work-place comedy.  He suddenly burst out laughing at the thought of the pointy-haired boss being Nick Fury, so I sought to realize it.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
-- Doc Savage

#7 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,050 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 02:10 PM

Here's some pictures I did as a favor for my gym.  It's for their annual back to the beach campaign and I made the mistake of showing "Nick Fury" (see above) to my yoga teacher who immediately drafted me to do up something featuring superheroes.

I asked whether she wanted original or DC/Marvel, and she specified the latter.

HeroesAtBeach.jpg
HeroinesAtBeach.jpg

All in all, I'm rather pleased with how these turned out, as this really was the first time I tried to draw bare feet and I was also attempting some action poses.  And with the second one I was really pleased that I remembered what a no-brand volleyball looked like.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself

Edited by G-man, 02 May 2014 - 02:12 PM.

-- Doc Savage

#8 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,722 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 03:46 PM

Oh wow, I love them all. :D
Female gamer and proud of it

Read my crafty blatherings

My projects on Ravelry

A little getaway

"Be careful. No path is darker than when your eyes are shut." Flemeth (DA2)

#9 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,050 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 02:38 PM

And here's the final image for that "back to the beach" fitness campaign.

Oy.  This one caused no ends of problems, what between trying to depict the wave, depicting the figure accurately on the surf-board, and that [censored] hammer.

ThorTakeTwo.jpg
-- Doc Savage

#10 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,050 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:08 AM

View PostEChatty, on 03 May 2014 - 03:46 PM, said:

Oh wow, I love them all. :D

Thanks, EChatty.  Feedback is always appreciated.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
-- Doc Savage

#11 Mooky

Mooky

Self-REbanned

• Islander
  • 8,673 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 02:03 PM

I like ' em all. :)

#12 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 4,436 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 04:14 PM

Those are really great, G-man. I especially like the superhero ones but that's not surprising. Have you drawn anything else lately?
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#13 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,050 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 11:26 AM

Just some doodles of space-craft but nothing worth posting as yet -- I just can't nail down the details to my satisfaction.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
-- Doc Savage

#14 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,050 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 01:08 PM

At the time I designed the first group of people, I also designed our office logo ... which our office in Chicago refined from my pen sketch; however, our agency's Marketing Group wanted to present a monolithic entity to the outside world, so while we could employ it on internal documents, its use on publications and our website meant to be viewed by the public was prohibited :glare:

Here they are, with and without our unofficial motto and official office name:

CIADLogo1.jpg CIADLogoClean.JPG

Edited by G-man, 02 October 2014 - 12:37 PM.

-- Doc Savage

#15 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,050 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 11:49 AM

Here's a gunslinging starship design that I've been toying with.  It's still in the sketch phase with all too many factors remaining to be finalized, but still, I thought it rather unique (at least, I saw nothing like it).

SLSWilliwaw2-1-Proposed.jpg

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself

Edited by G-man, 09 July 2015 - 02:04 PM.

-- Doc Savage

#16 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,050 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 09:40 AM

And here I was working out some other views of the ship.  Admittedly, kind of basic, but I was striving for something distinctive.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself

Attached Images

• SLSWilliwaw1-proposed.jpg

-- Doc Savage

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users