Holding out for the Best When Your Feeling Lucky

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#41 M.E.

M.E.
  • Islander
  • 7,838 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 08:36 AM

It's only 7:25am and I'm feeling lucky today already.

When I made a pot of coffee this morning, I set the pot down on a tilt so it was not centered under the drip spout. Luckily, no mess.

I poured a cup of coffee and didn't spill any.

I lost $10 a couple of weeks ago and won $10 in the 6/49 draw last night.

:boogie:

#42 M.E.

M.E.
  • Islander
  • 7,838 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 08:51 AM

Ha! :boogie:

I just beat the computer at a game of hearts. I got 26, 4 times in a row and won with a 0 score. :harper:

:clap:

#43 D.Rabbit

D.Rabbit

Me and all my shadows.

• Islander
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 02:02 PM

That's a great Hearts score ME, way to go!

I'm almost feeling lucky, I just completed the on-line assessment that one must take before they are deemed suitable for a 2 hour face to face interview. Talk about putting on the pressure.

Got the interview, and I hardly had to lie more then a couple of times on the questionnaire!
She warned me that they would know if I was lying so I tempered the similar questions the same.

Being a psychopath has it's perks.

It's just a help desk job, for crummy pay, but anything right now to keep the wolves from the door is welcome.

I finally picked up a driving job for the local Community Care yesterday. The last two jobs from this institution where usurped by other drives so I warned them this time. If it happened again, I could no longer drive for them because the car would be repossessed.
So far so good.

#44 M.E.

M.E.
  • Islander
  • 7,838 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 02:28 PM

I feel your financial pinch, D.Rabbit. :hugs: I am having the same problems.

It is difficult to adjust to a 60% rent increase. Times are tough for a lot of people, we are in good company.

When is your interview? I'll keep sending you my positive thoughts.

Edited to scratch that question. It's none of my business. :whistle:

Edited by michael elizabeth, 16 September 2010 - 02:49 PM.

#45 D.Rabbit

D.Rabbit

Me and all my shadows.

• Islander
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 04:03 PM

No big secret on the interview time, it's Friday, tomorrow, at 2:30, all good vibes are welcome.
I'm very good at bluffing my way through interviews, that is if I can line one up.
The last one, they did hire me, told me they would call me in two days, but that young chicky-boo applicant waiting at the door as I exited was more the interviewer's type, I'm sure.

Ageism is a hard nut to crack.
On their web site they say they are an equal opportunity employers, so I mentioned my problem with ageism in my cover letter while inquiring if ageism was included in their overview of equal opportunities?

#46 M.E.

M.E.
  • Islander
  • 7,838 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 11:36 PM

viewer.png

#47 D.Rabbit

D.Rabbit

Me and all my shadows.

• Islander
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 12:43 AM

Been running on luck lately myself.
I didn't win a door prize at the free lunch today, but the lunch was great and the company was sweet. I would have given the prize away to the Centurion anyway, and I feel sorry for her that I didn't win.

I did make a point of not using the main bridge to get to my destination but opted for the single lane bridges on the south end of town. Good thing too, the advance left turn signal lights where on the fritz and even though I forgot to avoid the lights, I wasn't stuck on the main bridge like so many of the folks who where attending the shindig.

I detoured to drop off some textiles at a charity shop, is why I went south. Got a great deal on vintage cufflinks NIB too.

Seems every time I left the house this week something cool happened!
My client stood me up yesterday but I had to go to the village just the same. Filled the tank for 7 cents less a liter at the Esso because the captain was sleeping at the wheel. I bet he cranked the price to match his competition as soon I left.  Next I was in the right place at the right time and picked up a long distance drive where I'm not dealing with flaky teenagers.

Monday my client actually got in the car. I think it's because they are threatening him with jail time if he doesn't make an effort to get his GED. Then they asked me to take another dude along with me, drop him and all his worldly goods off and pick up another young one. That wasn't the luck, the luck was I didn't get lost in the rat mazes of Peterborough!

I think the city planners are definitely squirrels. East west roads turn north and they don't change names until they turn west again. Rivers and lakes get in the way, one ways turn into 4 lane two ways, then into 2 lanes and change names further down the road, main drags dead end or are broken up with hydro or train depots etc. Can't count the number of times that town has twisted me around. Good thing I like adventures.

Edited by D.Rabbit, 24 September 2010 - 12:53 AM.

#48 M.E.

M.E.
  • Islander
  • 7,838 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 06:43 AM

I love the way you are able to find the good in most situations, D.Rabbit. I find it inspirational. :hugs:

#49 M.E.

M.E.
  • Islander
  • 7,838 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 11:57 AM

I've been thinking more about that lately, because I want to start a  second family while I'm still energetic enough to enjoy it and do it  justice -- while still keeping a woman of reproductive age suitably  entertained.

Have you taken the plunge yet?

Tic-tic-tic...

#50 D.Rabbit

D.Rabbit

Me and all my shadows.

• Islander
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 09:36 PM

Yes Orph, an update please, curious minds...

I got real lucky myself, Mr. EX Fortune 500 is gently snoring on my living room floor.
He looks like Paul Newman, the man is HOT!  

After weeks of us being buddies I've found that there are too many compatibility issues that would complicate any intimate relationship, that the luck was in finding a kind friend who impresses me with his intellect and generosity.
The generosity, not just to me in neighborly ways, but to the whole planet with his gifts of technology to make life better for those in need.

What each of us feed each other to expand our experiences, to evolve, that alone is a good enough reason to say yes, I got lucky!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users