6 replies to this topic

#1 enTranced

enTranced

Chasing Your Starlight!

• Islander
  • 15,772 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 11:20 AM

http://kotaku.com/56...ia-chronicles-3

I don't know why Kotaku is playing coy, that is clearly VC art. And 1935 puts in in VC's wheelhouse.

I guess we will know more when the clock runs out. But if I get new VC on my PS3 then you will hear the SQUEEEEE around the world coming from New England.

And if you have a Playstation 3 and have not played Valkyria Chronicles yet, why NOT? VC is the reason you purchased your PS3 you just don't know it yet. :p

enTranced

Edited by enTranced, 01 September 2010 - 01:04 PM.

Posted Image

#2 Godeskian

Godeskian

You'll be seein' rainbooms

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 12:27 PM

If one of two (out of six) rounds of me vs. life are won, I will definitely be re-aquiring a PS3 to play VC3

Defy Gravity!

The Doctor: The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles... and that's a theory. Nine hundred years and I've never seen one yet, but this will do me.

#3 Thia The Muse

Thia The Muse

Galwit Mysto

• 893 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 12:27 PM

As soon as school settles down, I'm going to try and play the first one. However, if Fire Emblem has taught me anything, I'm terrible at this type of game. I might have to settle for watching the anime.
"Things are rarely just crazy enough to work, but they're frequently just crazy enough to fail hilariously."
~xkcd, "The Race: Part 4"
Posted Image

#4 enTranced

enTranced

Chasing Your Starlight!

• Islander
  • 15,772 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 01:08 PM

View PostThia The Muse, on 02 September 2010 - 12:27 PM, said:

As soon as school settles down, I'm going to try and play the first one. However, if Fire Emblem has taught me anything, I'm terrible at this type of game. I might have to settle for watching the anime.

VC is a challenging game however it does it with so much charm and warmth that you don't mind having it slap you in the face a few times. :angel:

That said the learning curve is very forgiving when the game starts. However be prepared for a few challenges mid-game, especially if you are not doing the side missions to increase your research and construction budget. The grind is light and breezy but it is there.

Also when you get to THAT MISSION™ buy some tissues to cry into and a hat to hide your yanked out hair. It is that hard.

enTranced

Edited by enTranced, 02 September 2010 - 01:10 PM.

Posted Image

#5 Godeskian

Godeskian

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 02:32 PM

Oh yes, i remember THAT mission. :)

Defy Gravity!

The Doctor: The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles... and that's a theory. Nine hundred years and I've never seen one yet, but this will do me.

#6 enTranced

enTranced

Chasing Your Starlight!

• Islander
  • 15,772 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 03:29 PM

We shouldn't scare Thia though! :)

It is a hard mission yes but the game's sweet, sweet interface make it painless to play so you don't mind learning how to create your strategy and the way you can use the game's chess piece units make it a joy to play and play and play. And no chess game ever had a story as great and so pretty to look at.

*sigh*

Maybe when I am rich I will buy a PSP to play part 2. Stupid Sega. :glare:

enTranced
Posted Image

#7 Godeskian

Godeskian

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 03:33 PM

The best part about the learning curve is that as long as you don't care about your mission rank (and you really shouldn't on your first playthrough anyway IMO) you can afford to take it slow and steady through most of the missions.

But like in any game, there will be missions that test you. And if you like plot, the game just goes the whole nine yards to make you feel for these characters.

I'm getting all nostalgic just talking about it.

Defy Gravity!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users