Favorite Party Members

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 07:52 PM

I was watching the intro-videos for various party members coming up in Dragon Age: Awakenings today, and got feeling nostalgic about old favorites.

Who are yours?

Just a list of most memorable / most useful / most whatever, or get more restrictive and pick the all-star squad that you'd want if you were compiling, say, a six-man dream-team for the ultimate cross-genre, cross-platform, cross-decades rpg.

- Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me.    (Matthew 25:40)

- Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart.  (Proverbs 3:3)

#2 RommieSG

RommieSG

Heir to the Empire

• Islander
  • 17,176 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 05:07 AM

Well lets see. When it comes to these types of games, I usually play female characters, and have female companions go along with her. So the teams usually wind up looking like 'Sisters Doin' It For Themselves'.

Mass Effect
Liara & Tali

Mass Effect 2
Tali, Miranda, Samara/Morinth, Kasumi

Dragon Age: Origins
Leliana, Wynne, Morrigan, Alistair, Sten

I love having Morrigan and Alistair together, because they bicker so well. And to hear Leliana call Sten a softie in that French Orlesian accent, is just too much for words.

I even find myself using the female characters in Fighting Games more as well. My top player in Super Street Fighter IV is Cammy, and DOA games are built for the female characters. And I won't even start on my turning my Tekken 6 girls into Schoolgirls ;)
Posted Image

#3 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 04:34 PM

Oh wow, that's a toughie.

Wynne of DAO.

Rei the weretiger of Breath of Fire 3.

Liara of Mass Effect.

Tifa of FF7.

Steiner of FF9.

And "The sprite" of Secret of Mana.

The Hero of the team of course would likely be one of my custom created characters from either FF11, Fallout 3, Ryo of BoF3, or Oblivion.

Yeah that team would kick anyone's hides. Though if it were an iconic team of "Heroes" from across the games, well that would be something else. ;)
Rejected and gone.

#4 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 4,677 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 11:53 AM

This thread made me realize just how few games I have where you get to have party members. In Alpha Protocol, while you don't have party members per se, you do get handlers. I stuck with Mina throughout the majority of the game. I liked her a lot. Albatross was a close second.

In Mass Effect, I usually stuck with Kaidan and Liara. For ME2, it was usually Garrus and Tali. I honestly can't think of any other games I have that lets you pick party members. Hmm, sad.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#5 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 11:47 AM

View PostRommieSG, on 15 October 2010 - 05:07 AM, said:

Mass Effect
Liara & Tali

Mass Effect 2
Tali, Miranda, Samara/Morinth, Kasumi

Dragon Age: Origins
Leliana, Wynne, Morrigan, Alistair, Sten

I like Tali, but didn't use her very much.  I found Jack more useful.  I used a Jack/Garrus combo for most of ME2, and Garrus was in my party a lot in ME1 also, so I guess he's my main dude there. :)

Alistair was the only party member from Dragon Age that I have any deep attachment to.  

View PostMikoto, on 15 October 2010 - 04:34 PM, said:

Rei the weretiger of Breath of Fire 3.
Ooooo... yes! :)  I couldn't remember her name, but I always had her as the "in control" party member when I didn't have to use someone else.  Gotta replay those games someday.

==================

Some others that I love:

Flik & Viktor - Suikoden 1 & 2
Chris Lightfellow & her Zexen knights - Suikoden 3
Iolo & Shamino - Various Ultimas
Rubedo/Junior - Xenosaga - His combat sequences with the two guns were always my favorites. :)
Locke - FF6
Zell - FF8
Riku & Yuna - FF10
Imon & Minsc (& Boo, of course) - Baldur's Gate
Democratus - Anachronox   (For sheer coolness factor of having a freakin' *PLANET* as a party member :) )
- Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me.    (Matthew 25:40)

- Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart.  (Proverbs 3:3)

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users