Health Care 2010

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Spectacles

Spectacles
  • Awaiting Authorisation
  • 9,632 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 06:30 PM

This man, General Jerry Boykin, was the Undersecretary of Intelligence at the State Department under George W. Bush. In other words, he ran coverts ops. Now he is warning us in this video about Obama's very scary Hitler-like Evil Marxist Plans to rule the world:

http://digbysblog.bl...hcare-army.html

I'm a Special Forces officer, I'm a Green Beret and I've studied Marxist insurgency, it was part of my training. And the things I know have been done in every Marxist insurgency are being done in America today.

The final thing has been to establish a constabulary force, a force that can control the population. You say "well, we don't have that." Well, let me remind you that prior to the election, the President stood up and said that if elected he would have a nation civilian security force that would be as large as and as well-equipped as the United States military.

For what?

Remember Hitler had the Brownshirts and in the Night of the Long Knives, even Hitler got scared of the Brownshirts and killed thousands of them.

So you say "are there any signs that that's happened" and the truth is yes. If you read the health care legislation which, by the way nobody in Washington has read, but if you read the health care legislation it's actually in the health care legislation.

There are paragraphs in the health care legislation that talk about the commissioning of officers in time of a national crisis to work directly for the President. It's laying the groundwork for a constabulary force that will control the population in America.

Proof that Dr. Strangelove was not as over-the-top as we'd like to think....

Sadly, people will watch this insane video and believe that Obama and his sekritarmy are going to be busting down their doors and taking their guns and their grannies.
"Facts are stupid things." -Ronald Reagan at the 1988 Republican National Convention, attempting to quote John Adams, who said, "Facts are stubborn things"

"Although health care enrollment is actually going pretty well at this point, thousands and maybe millions of Americans have failed to sign up for coverage because they believe the false horror stories they keep hearing." -- Paul Krugman

#2 Vapor Trails

Vapor Trails

In a world where I feel so small, I can't stop thinking big.

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 06:36 PM

View PostSpectacles, on 29 October 2010 - 06:30 PM, said:

Sadly, people will watch this insane video and believe that Obama and his sekritarmy are going to be busting down their doors and taking their guns and their grannies.

All I have is a Super Soaker™ :oh:
Posted Image

Politicians are like bananas; they hang together, they're all yellow, and there's not a straight one among them.

"We're relevant for $ and a vote once every two years. Beyond that, we're completely irrelevant, except of course to consume, and preach the gospel according to [insert political demigod here]."--Cait

#3 psycaz

psycaz
  • Islander
  • 350 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 04:19 PM

View PostSpectacles, on 29 October 2010 - 06:30 PM, said:

This man, General Jerry Boykin, was the Undersecretary of Intelligence at the State Department under George W. Bush. In other words, he ran coverts ops. Now he is warning us in this video about Obama's very scary Hitler-like Evil Marxist Plans to rule the world:

http://digbysblog.bl...hcare-army.html

I'm a Special Forces officer, I'm a Green Beret and I've studied Marxist insurgency, it was part of my training. And the things I know have been done in every Marxist insurgency are being done in America today.

The final thing has been to establish a constabulary force, a force that can control the population. You say "well, we don't have that." Well, let me remind you that prior to the election, the President stood up and said that if elected he would have a nation civilian security force that would be as large as and as well-equipped as the United States military.

For what?

Remember Hitler had the Brownshirts and in the Night of the Long Knives, even Hitler got scared of the Brownshirts and killed thousands of them.

So you say "are there any signs that that's happened" and the truth is yes. If you read the health care legislation which, by the way nobody in Washington has read, but if you read the health care legislation it's actually in the health care legislation.

There are paragraphs in the health care legislation that talk about the commissioning of officers in time of a national crisis to work directly for the President. It's laying the groundwork for a constabulary force that will control the population in America.

Proof that Dr. Strangelove was not as over-the-top as we'd like to think....

I'm confused by what is wrong with pointing out an aspect of the Health Care Bill that has nothing to do with Health Care?

IF it is truely in there, then can you explain the necessity of it?

The Nation has an Armed Forces. States even have their own National Guard. The President needs this force/option for what? He is the Commander-in-Cheif of the Armed Forces of the United States. Isn't that enough? Can't they handle defending the US from it's enemies?

I honestly feel they need to repeal the darn thing then maybe pass something that they all have read and only deals with HEALTH CARE!!!

#4 QuiGon John

QuiGon John

Gone

• Islander
  • 4,158 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 04:47 PM

View Postpsycaz, on 30 October 2010 - 04:19 PM, said:

I'm confused by what is wrong with pointing out an aspect of the Health Care Bill that has nothing to do with Health Care?

I can certainly try.  Here's an NPR link.  The second part deals with this particular myth.  Money quote:

So when the new health law created a "ready reserve" within the Public Health Service Commissioned Corps, "the people who were looking for the private army knew they had found it," Jost says.

But this new entity will be anything but private. "Now, the Public Health Service — and I don't think a lot of people realize it — is one of our uniformed branches of service," Jost says.  The 6,000-plus-member commissioned corps is overseen by the U.S. surgeon general, who holds a rank equivalent to a four-star admiral.

[...]

What the law actually does authorize is creation of a reserve corps that can be called up in time of national emergency, "for things like Hurricane Katrina or a nationwide epidemic," Jost says.

So this whole shebang that the right is worried about boils down to... 6,000 or so (I heard somewhere Obama wants to expand it all the way to 6,600) medical professionals, to be called upon in time of emergency, such as a large-scale epidemic.  Which obviously does seem to have a place in a bill about national health care.

EDITED: To add a paragraph to the quote for added context.

Edited by John Burke, 30 October 2010 - 04:48 PM.

#5 QuiGon John

QuiGon John

Gone

• Islander
  • 4,158 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 04:59 PM

Sorry for the double-post, but here's a link that explains it better.  Another money quote:

The establishment of a Ready Reserve component is something that has been needed for a long time, especially during times of war. With a large number of doctors, nurses and field medics of all kind deployed overseas for combat support, there is a definite need in the homeland for more medical personnel. The new law raises the cap of officers for the Ready Reserve Corps to 6,600. Their ability to help National Guard forces respond to mass casualty events and natural disasters at home is an essential part of emergency management. Their role is very explicitly laid out in the law...

#6 psycaz

psycaz
  • Islander
  • 350 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 05:03 PM

View PostJohn Burke, on 30 October 2010 - 04:47 PM, said:

I can certainly try.  Here's an NPR link.  The second part deals with this particular myth.  Money quote:

So when the new health law created a "ready reserve" within the Public Health Service Commissioned Corps, "the people who were looking for the private army knew they had found it," Jost says.

But this new entity will be anything but private. "Now, the Public Health Service and I don't think a lot of people realize it is one of our uniformed branches of service," Jost says.  The 6,000-plus-member commissioned corps is overseen by the U.S. surgeon general, who holds a rank equivalent to a four-star admiral.

[...]

What the law actually does authorize is creation of a reserve corps that can be called up in time of national emergency, "for things like Hurricane Katrina or a nationwide epidemic," Jost says.

So this whole shebang that the right is worried about boils down to... 6,000 or so (I heard somewhere Obama wants to expand it all the way to 6,600) medical professionals, to be called upon in time of emergency, such as a large-scale epidemic.  Which obviously does seem to have a place in a bill about national health care.

Then why do we have FEMA?

#7 QuiGon John

QuiGon John

Gone

• Islander
  • 4,158 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 05:06 PM

I don't know exactly how FEMA relates to this.  But what in the world could be dangerous about 6,600 doctors and nurses helping the government in a national crisis?  Even if it's redundant, what possible threat do you see there?

#8 Balderdash

Balderdash
  • Islander
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 05:11 PM

View Postpsycaz, on 30 October 2010 - 05:03 PM, said:

View PostJohn Burke, on 30 October 2010 - 04:47 PM, said:

But this new entity will be anything but private. "Now, the Public Health Service and I don't think a lot of people realize it is one of our uniformed branches of service," Jost says.  The 6,000-plus-member commissioned corps is overseen by the U.S. surgeon general, who holds a rank equivalent to a four-star admiral.

[...]

Then why do we have FEMA?

FEMA = Federal Emergency Management Administration

The Public Health Service = one of the tools that FEMA can use to manage a Federal emergency.

Another Democrat leaning Independent that has to search for truth because it can't be found on Fox News OR MSNBC.

"Being gay is not a Western invention, it is a human reality"  by HRC

#9 Spectacles

Spectacles
  • Awaiting Authorisation
  • 9,632 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 05:35 PM

View PostJohn Burke, on 30 October 2010 - 05:06 PM, said:

I don't know exactly how FEMA relates to this.  But what in the world could be dangerous about 6,600 doctors and nurses helping the government in a national crisis?  Even if it's redundant, what possible threat do you see there?

Wondering about this, too.

And thanks for providing the NPR link, John.
"Facts are stupid things." -Ronald Reagan at the 1988 Republican National Convention, attempting to quote John Adams, who said, "Facts are stubborn things"

"Although health care enrollment is actually going pretty well at this point, thousands and maybe millions of Americans have failed to sign up for coverage because they believe the false horror stories they keep hearing." -- Paul Krugman

#10 psycaz

psycaz
  • Islander
  • 350 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 09:39 AM

View PostJohn Burke, on 30 October 2010 - 05:06 PM, said:

FEMA would be the ones to be in charge in case of an epidemic or national crisis. They can't even function on their own properly - see Katrina. We don't need to fund or try to organize yet another group/agency to handle emergencies.

How about fixing the agencies that are currently in place so that they actually can do their jobs when called upon?

#11 Themis

Themis
  • Islander
  • 6,225 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 10:30 AM

Actually FEMA did a pretty good job in Nashville after the May floods.  Of course so did the Red Cross and Hands on Nashville.  But most of the emergencies weren't medical.
Cats will never be extinct!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Health Care, 2010

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users