Well, whoever you are, my contempt toward certain details of this new production includes:
- Starbuck and Boomer as women (and Boomer as Asian, not black)... couldn't just create new female characters and improve the characters that were already there, right?
- Tigh as white and hated by the pilots because he's a drunk...
- Apollo hating Adama and blaming him, I guess to create a bit of dysfunctional family fun (can't have a good, strong family in these times; it's considered unnatural now)...
- The Cylon being a sexpot chick and seducing Baltar...
Oh, whatever. It sounds utterly tiresome, but sure, I'll give it a chance. (Mind you, I don't get the Sci-Fi Channel, so won't even see it until I get someone to provide me with a tape. I'm not sure I'll go to the trouble.)
CC or Ted, whoever you are, instead of using up bandwidth, could you post links to your photos, please? Thanks. (Frankly, I don't want to see a huge shot of Stardoe here, but that's not the only reason...)
Edited by Norville, 14 August 2003 - 10:13 AM.
"The dew has fallen with a particularly sickening thud this morning."
- Marvin the Paranoid Android, "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"
Rules for Surviving an Autocracy
Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.
- Masha Gessen