Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

Japan-6.9 Quake (Tokyo Affected)

Natural Disasters Earthquake Japan 2010

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Vapor Trails

Vapor Trails

In a world where I feel so small, I can't stop thinking big.

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 12:28 AM

link

TOKYO – A 6.9-magnitude earthquake struck off Japan's southern coast Tuesday, shaking a broad swath of the country and swaying buildings in downtown Tokyo.

No damage or injuries were immediately reported, and Japan's meteorological agency said there was no danger of a tsunami.

The temblor hit at 12:25 p.m. local time (0325 GMT), with the epicenter near the Ogasawara Islands, about 500 miles (800 kilometers) south of the main Japanese island, the agency said. It struck at a depth of 300 miles (480 kilometers).

Japan's meteorological agency reported a magnitude of 6.9, however, the U.S. Geological Survey said the quake was 6.6. The reason for the discrepancy was not immediately clear.

Posted Image

Politicians are like bananas; they hang together, they're all yellow, and there's not a straight one among them.

"We're relevant for $ and a vote once every two years. Beyond that, we're completely irrelevant, except of course to consume, and preach the gospel according to [insert political demigod here]."--Cait

#2 offworlder

offworlder

pls don't kick offworlders, we can find a place too

• Islander
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 01:57 AM

Oh boy do I remember; when I was a teen living in Japan for two years (mil brat) we had lots of small earthquakes and tremors where no one died but there was some damage depending on how big, from no real damage to cracks, fallen things, broken from falling, and of course Nerves.
"(Do you read what they say online?) I check out all these scandalous rumours about me and Elijah Wood having beautiful sex with each other ... (are they true?) About Elijah and me being boyfriend and boyfriend? Absolutely true. We've been together for about nine years. I wooed him. No I just like a lot of stuff - I like that someone says one thing and it becomes fact. It's kind of fun." --Dominic Monaghan in a phone interview with Newsweek while buying DVDs at the store. :D

#3 SparkyCola

SparkyCola
  • Islander
  • 14,904 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 03:02 AM

Glad no one was hurt! Sounds like things are all good.

The discrepency is probably just because the exact quake number always changes as more data comes in to work from. With the Christchurch one, the richter scale value of the quake decreased by at least .1 every day as they got more readings. In absolutely typical Kiwi-style, Christchurch has rebranded itself as "The city that rocks!" :rolleyes: :hehe:

Sparky

Edited by SparkyCola, 01 December 2010 - 03:02 AM.

Able to entertain a thought without taking it home to meet the parents

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Natural Disasters, Earthquake, Japan, 2010

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users