Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

Raeven Hug Thread

• Please log in to reply
10406 replies to this topic

#1 Vapor Trails

Vapor Trails

In a world where I feel so small, I can't stop thinking big.

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 05:48 PM

I just learned that our Raeven might have breast cancer, via Facebook. :(

She'll need all the support we can give.

{{{{Raeven}}}

{{{Bird Lady}}}

{{{{Raeven}}}

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Posted Image

Politicians are like bananas; they hang together, they're all yellow, and there's not a straight one among them.

"We're relevant for $ and a vote once every two years. Beyond that, we're completely irrelevant, except of course to consume, and preach the gospel according to [insert political demigod here]."--Cait

#2 SparkyCola

SparkyCola

Bye

• Islander
  • 14,903 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 09:07 PM

{{{{{{{{{{{ :hugs: Raeven :hugs: }}}}}}}}}}}}}

As I said on Facebook - don't be shy if you ever need/want to talk. In the meantime all my hope and positive thoughts are headed your way to give you a bolster.

Sparky
Able to entertain a thought without taking it home to meet the parents

#3 UoR11

UoR11
  • Islander
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 11:48 PM

{{{{ Raeven }}}} :hugs: :hugs:
Yes, I am an economist. Yes, I do frequently sing "Can't Buy Me Love". No, I don't see any contradiction there.

#4 Mark

Mark
  • Islander
  • 5,262 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 01:04 AM

Mark: Raeven, my thoughts, love, and prayers are with you.

Edited by Mark, 01 December 2010 - 02:53 AM.

Mark
Discussion is an exchange of knowledge: argument is an exchange of ignorance.
Peace is not the absence of conflict, but the ability to cope with it.
APOGEE MESSAGE BOARD

#5 Tricia

Tricia

To err on the side of kindness is seldom an error.

• Islander
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 06:32 AM

{{{{{{{{{Raeven}}}}}}}}

Sending every ounce of positive energy and warm thoughts your way, Rae.

:hugs:  :hugs:  :hugs:  :hugs:  :hugs:  :hugs:

In true dialogue, both sides are willing to change. --Thich Nhat Hanh

You don't need to attend every argument you are invited to

Do not ask that your kids live up to your expectations.  Let your kids be who they are, and your expectations will be in breathless pursuit.

#6 Balthamos

Balthamos

Once more unto the breach!

• Islander
  • 2,280 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 07:56 AM

*cuddles Raeven* We're all here for you cheering you on and supporting you every step of the way.

#7 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,727 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 08:29 AM

{{{{{{{{Rae}}}}}}}}}}

We're all behind you, and you're in my prayers and thoughts that all will be well.

#8 Nonny

Nonny

Scourge of Pretentious Bad Latin

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 08:33 AM

{{{{{{{{{{{Rae}}}}}}}}}}}

I'm a four year cancer survivor, and I'm here if you need me.    :hugs:
Posted Image

The once and future Nonny

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Fatal miscarriages are forever.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

#9 Nikcara

Nikcara

confused little imp

• Islander
  • 3,500 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 03:04 PM

{{{{{Rae}}}}}

I hope it's just a scare and that you're actually fine.  I send you my best wishes   :hugs:
We have fourty million reasons for failure, but not a single excuse  -- Rudyard Kipling

Develop compassion for your enemies, that is genuine compassion.  Limited compassion cannot produce this altruism.  -- H. H. the Dalai Lama

#10 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

Luck is when opportunity meets preparation

• Islander
  • 38,881 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 03:47 PM

{{{{{{{{{{{{Rae}}}}}}}}}}  Please let me know if there's anything I can do.
Posted Image

#11 Kimmer

Kimmer
  • Islander
  • 6,388 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 08:48 PM

Oh NO!

((((((( Dear sweet Raeven )))))), I'm send many good thoughts and prayers your way.

Kim

#12 Raina

Raina

Cpt. Raina 'Starlee'

• Validation Team
  • 6,005 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 12:30 AM

:hugs: Rae :hugs:

"First thing they tell you is to assume you're already dead... dead men don't get scared or freeze up under fire. Me, I'm just worried that hell's gonna be a lonely place. And I'm gonna fill it up with every toaster son of a bitch I find." -Racetrack

"I believe what goes around comes around and if I am the instrument of 'coming round' then I'll do it happily. " -Shal

Viper Squadron CAG
Roman Warrior
Browncoat

#13 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,329 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 05:29 AM

Thank you all :) today is the worst day, I am supposed to get my results tomorrow morning, but due to snow the whole of the UK transport network has ground to a halt, the roads are pretty much impassable so I don't know what's going to happen.

It's very complex. If the pizza man truly loves this babysitter, why does he keep slapping her rear? Perhaps she has done something wrong ~ Castiel

#14 DWF

DWF

Dr. Who 1963-89, 1996, 2005-

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 05:43 AM

(((((((((((Rae))))))))))))))

Good luck! :hugs:
The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

#15 Rhea

Rhea

• Islander
  • 16,433 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 09:20 AM

We've already talked, so you know how I feel.

{{{{{{{{{{{{Rae}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
The future is better than the past. Despite the crepehangers, romanticists, and anti-intellectuals, the world steadily grows better because the human mind, applying itself to environment, makes it better. With hands...with tools...with horse sense and science and engineering.
- Robert A. Heinlein

When I don’t understand, I have an unbearable itch to know why. - RAH

Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done. One could write a history of science in reverse by assembling the solemn pronouncements of highest authority about what could not be done and could never happen.  - RAH

#16 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Time

• Islander
  • 4,453 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 09:37 AM

((((((((((Raeven)))))))))) :hugs:
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#17 Nonny

Nonny

Scourge of Pretentious Bad Latin

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 10:34 AM

View PostRaeven, on 02 December 2010 - 05:29 AM, said:

Thank you all :) today is the worst day, I am supposed to get my results tomorrow morning, but due to snow the whole of the UK transport network has ground to a halt, the roads are pretty much impassable so I don't know what's going to happen.
Is there any chance they'll give you your results over the phone?  Are the phones working?
Posted Image

The once and future Nonny

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Fatal miscarriages are forever.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

#18 mare serenitatis

mare serenitatis

magog with a migraine

• Islander
  • 544 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 12:12 PM

{{{{{{{Rae}}}}}}} Don't let it bring you down. We EIers are a tough bunch *huggles Rae*
A hug a day keeps the psychatrist away

#19 Tricia

Tricia

To err on the side of kindness is seldom an error.

• Islander
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 12:26 PM

Knowing is so much better than the stress of wondering and worrying...

Hope you can get those results as scheduled

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Raeven}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

In true dialogue, both sides are willing to change. --Thich Nhat Hanh

You don't need to attend every argument you are invited to

Do not ask that your kids live up to your expectations.  Let your kids be who they are, and your expectations will be in breathless pursuit.

#20 Peridot

Peridot

Elf Lynx

• Islander
  • 2,915 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 10:57 PM

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Rae}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

I stopped by and saw this, and I feel like I don't know what to say.  I just hope--very much--that the results come back negative, and I will be thinking of you this evening and tomorrow too.

Rae, you are a very special person.

:hugs:

Peri
Posted Image

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users