Jump to content


Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

Raeven Hug Thread


  • Please log in to reply
12462 replies to this topic

#12381 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

    Idealistic Cynic

  • Demigod
  • 14,625 posts

Posted 15 May 2020 - 06:42 PM

Hugs for Rae. :hugs:

Hugs for Nonny. :hugs:

Hugs for kcsue.  :hugs:

First day we exceeded 70 degrees.  Summer is here!  :lol:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#12382 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

    Idealistic Cynic

  • Demigod
  • 14,625 posts

Posted 16 May 2020 - 06:01 PM

Hugs for Rae. :hugs:

Hugs for Nonny. :hugs:

Hugs for kcsue.  :hugs:

The pandemic certainly hasn't slowed down road work any.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#12383 kcsue

kcsue

    Chocolate Fiend

  • Islander
  • 5,783 posts

Posted 16 May 2020 - 06:27 PM

:hugs: :hugs: Raeven :hugs: :hugs:

:hugs: :hugs: Nonny :hugs: :hugs:

:hugs: :hugs: RJ :hugs: :hugs:
As long as I have Coffee and Chocolate, the world is safe!

Tyr: Don't forget to hee-haw

#12384 M.E.

M.E.
  • Islander
  • 8,197 posts

Posted 16 May 2020 - 10:45 PM

View PostRJDiogenes, on 16 May 2020 - 06:01 PM, said:

Hugs for Rae. :hugs:

Hugs for Nonny. :hugs:

Hugs for kcsue.  :hugs:

The pandemic certainly hasn't slowed down road work any.

I'm grateful for that.

Quote

First day we exceeded 70 degrees.  Summer is here!  :lol:


Here too.  22C / 71.6F

#12385 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

    Idealistic Cynic

  • Demigod
  • 14,625 posts

Posted 17 May 2020 - 04:11 PM

Hugs for Rae. :hugs:

Hugs for Nonny. :hugs:

Hugs for kcsue.  :hugs:

View PostM.E., on 16 May 2020 - 10:45 PM, said:

I'm grateful for that.  
Yeah, but the entire stretch of Route 18 from the exit to my Mother's house (a thirty-minute drive) is like driving on the Moon.  :lol:

This morning, I went on a photo safari to Blue Hill Cemetery (cemeteries, oddly enough, seem to be the only places still open) and I encountered the biggest herd of wild turkeys I've ever seen.  Pictures will be coming, but first a couple of new ones of Chloe:

Posted Image

My Mother is bemused that Chloe thinks of herself as a Playboy model.

Posted Image

Chloe does not like to share the spotlight with old TV shows.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#12386 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

    Idealistic Cynic

  • Demigod
  • 14,625 posts

Posted 18 May 2020 - 05:14 PM

Hugs for Rae. :hugs:

Hugs for Nonny. :hugs:

Hugs for kcsue.  :hugs:

Before we get to the turkeys, let's start off with a couple of cool and spooky old tombs, since that was my original reason for going:

Posted Image

Posted Image
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#12387 M.E.

M.E.
  • Islander
  • 8,197 posts

Posted 18 May 2020 - 07:19 PM

View PostRJDiogenes, on 17 May 2020 - 04:11 PM, said:

Hugs for Rae. :hugs:

Hugs for Nonny. :hugs:

Hugs for kcsue.  :hugs:

View PostM.E., on 16 May 2020 - 10:45 PM, said:

I'm grateful for that.  
Yeah, but the entire stretch of Route 18 from the exit to my Mother's house (a thirty-minute drive) is like driving on the Moon.  :lol:

This morning, I went on a photo safari to Blue Hill Cemetery (cemeteries, oddly enough, seem to be the only places still open) and I encountered the biggest herd of wild turkeys I've ever seen.  Pictures will be coming, but first a couple of new ones of Chloe:

Posted Image

My Mother is bemused that Chloe thinks of herself as a Playboy model.

Posted Image

Chloe does not like to share the spotlight with old TV shows.

She's beautiful and she knows it.  She's also very loved and she knows it.   When you know those two things, you can pretty much get away with anything. :D

#12388 M.E.

M.E.
  • Islander
  • 8,197 posts

Posted 18 May 2020 - 07:20 PM

View PostRJDiogenes, on 18 May 2020 - 05:14 PM, said:

Hugs for Rae. :hugs:

Hugs for Nonny. :hugs:

Hugs for kcsue.  :hugs:

Before we get to the turkeys, let's start off with a couple of cool and spooky old tombs, since that was my original reason for going:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Do you believe in ghosts?

#12389 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

    Idealistic Cynic

  • Demigod
  • 14,625 posts

Posted 19 May 2020 - 05:08 PM

Hugs for Rae. :hugs:

Hugs for Nonny. :hugs:

Hugs for kcsue.  :hugs:

View PostM.E., on 18 May 2020 - 07:19 PM, said:

She's beautiful and she knows it.  She's also very loved and she knows it.   When you know those two things, you can pretty much get away with anything. :D  
And she does.  :lol:

View PostM.E., on 18 May 2020 - 07:20 PM, said:

Do you believe in ghosts?  
No, I don't actually believe in the supernatural-- I just read and write about it.  :D

And now, at last, some giant turkeys:

Posted Image

Posted Image

To be continued.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#12390 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

    Idealistic Cynic

  • Demigod
  • 14,625 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 05:21 PM

Hugs for Rae. :hugs:

Hugs for Nonny. :hugs:

Hugs for kcsue.  :hugs:

More of the Turkey Apocalypse:

Posted Image

Posted Image
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#12391 M.E.

M.E.
  • Islander
  • 8,197 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 06:51 PM

I didn't realize that they kept their wings at their sides like they do.  I never noticed it before.

Do they show up like that every year at this time?

#12392 kcsue

kcsue

    Chocolate Fiend

  • Islander
  • 5,783 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 07:04 PM

:hugs: :hugs: Raeven :hugs: :hugs:

:hugs: :hugs: Nonny :hugs: :hugs:

:hugs: :hugs: RJ :hugs: :hugs:
As long as I have Coffee and Chocolate, the world is safe!

Tyr: Don't forget to hee-haw

#12393 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

    Idealistic Cynic

  • Demigod
  • 14,625 posts

Posted 21 May 2020 - 06:28 PM

Hugs for Rae. :hugs:

Hugs for Nonny. :hugs:

Hugs for kcsue.  :hugs:

View PostM.E., on 20 May 2020 - 06:51 PM, said:

I didn't realize that they kept their wings at their sides like they do.  I never noticed it before.

Do they show up like that every year at this time?  
I don't go to this cemetery very often, so I don't know what their turkey situation is like.  You do see turkeys wandering around this time of year, mostly down on the South Shore. But you see single turkeys or groups of three or four, or maybe parents with a couple of kids.  I've never in my life seen a horde like this. I'm wondering if it's one of those things where the animals start to encroach on civilization because humans are sheltering in place.

And they keep on coming:

Posted Image

Posted Image
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#12394 M.E.

M.E.
  • Islander
  • 8,197 posts

Posted 21 May 2020 - 08:28 PM

I think you're on to something there, RJD.  I have been reading and seeing a lot of photos about wildlife encroaching since we've been in lock down. :)

#12395 kcsue

kcsue

    Chocolate Fiend

  • Islander
  • 5,783 posts

Posted 22 May 2020 - 11:15 AM

:hugs: :hugs: Raeven :hugs: :hugs:

:hugs: :hugs: Nonny :hugs: :hugs:

:hugs: :hugs: RJ :hugs: :hugs:
As long as I have Coffee and Chocolate, the world is safe!

Tyr: Don't forget to hee-haw

#12396 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

    Idealistic Cynic

  • Demigod
  • 14,625 posts

Posted 22 May 2020 - 06:31 PM

Hugs for Rae. :hugs:

Hugs for Nonny. :hugs:

Hugs for kcsue.  :hugs:

View PostM.E., on 21 May 2020 - 08:28 PM, said:

I think you're on to something there, RJD.  I have been reading and seeing a lot of photos about wildlife encroaching since we've been in lock down. :)  
Me, too. I'm lucky I didn't run into a pack of wolves instead of turkeys.  :lol:

Last two pictures from my outing-- these are Canadian Geese:

Posted Image

Posted Image
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#12397 M.E.

M.E.
  • Islander
  • 8,197 posts

Posted 22 May 2020 - 07:06 PM

Actually, watch/mind yourself around Canada Geese.  They look majestic and serene. :no:   They have a bad temper and will attack you with seemingly little provocation.  They give the rest of us nice Canadians a bad name. :D

#12398 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

    Idealistic Cynic

  • Demigod
  • 14,625 posts

Posted 23 May 2020 - 03:57 PM

Hugs for Rae. :hugs:

Hugs for Nonny. :hugs:

Hugs for kcsue.  :hugs:

Three days off!  :happy:

View PostM.E., on 22 May 2020 - 07:06 PM, said:

Actually, watch/mind yourself around Canada Geese.  They look majestic and serene. :no:   They have a bad temper and will attack you with seemingly little provocation.  They give the rest of us nice Canadians a bad name. :D  
Is it possible for Canadians to have a bad name?  :D  The geese were fine-- it was the turkeys that worried me.  They seem to be more aggressive in large groups.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#12399 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

    Idealistic Cynic

  • Demigod
  • 14,625 posts

Posted 24 May 2020 - 03:53 PM

Hugs for Rae. :hugs:

Hugs for Nonny. :hugs:

Hugs for kcsue.  :hugs:

Three days off!  :happy:

It was a chilly morning, but I got some nice pics of the old drive-in movie screen in Braintree and the ponds at St. Moritz.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#12400 kcsue

kcsue

    Chocolate Fiend

  • Islander
  • 5,783 posts

Posted 24 May 2020 - 06:32 PM

:hugs: :hugs: Raeven :hugs: :hugs:

:hugs: :hugs: Nonny :hugs: :hugs:

:hugs: :hugs: RJ :hugs: :hugs:
As long as I have Coffee and Chocolate, the world is safe!

Tyr: Don't forget to hee-haw


0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users