10697 replies to this topic

#21 Jid

Jid

Mad Prophet of Funk

• Islander
  • 12,553 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 11:12 PM

{{{{{{{{{Rae}}}}}}}}}

You've had my thoughts and prayers since you posted on FB.  

Hang in there.
Stay hungry.

Stay foolish.

#22 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,333 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 06:43 AM

I do have breast cancer, fortunately it's the 'best' kind to have, a simple lumpectomy and some radiotherapy should do the trick. I have an MRI booked for next week just to double check, then I see the surgeon again on the 17th of Dec and will be in hospital just after Christmas. Now I know for sure, I am fine with it, I am much more positive as there is a 95% success rate with this form of cancer. The last 10 days have been hell, the waiting is far worse than knowing. The breast cancer nurses are wonderful and explain things in detail, they have given me an information pack to look through and are always available if I have any questions...so after the longest night of my life today is looking better. Thanks for all the positive thoughts and well wishes {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{everyone}}}}}}}}}}}}}

It's very complex. If the pizza man truly loves this babysitter, why does he keep slapping her rear? Perhaps she has done something wrong ~ Castiel

#23 Nonny

Nonny

Scourge of Pretentious Bad Latin

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 09:25 AM

What a relief, in so many ways.  I'm sorry you do have cancer, but glad it's the "best" kind.  And so glad your wait is over, that the snow didn't extend your worry.  

{{{{{{{{{{{Rae}}}}}}}}}}}
Posted Image

The once and future Nonny

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Fatal miscarriages are forever.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

#24 M.E.

M.E.
  • Islander
  • 7,795 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 09:33 AM

Attached File  8430-003-20-1062.gif   66.41K   21 downloads

Attached File  FTA-F003-FL.jpg   28.13K   20 downloads
Attached File  flowers159.jpg   48.44K   18 downloads
Attached File  animated_1126.gif   19.27K   23 downloads

Attached File  PurpleRoses.jpg   48.48K   20 downloads

Attached Files

#25 Vapor Trails

Vapor Trails

In a world where I feel so small, I can't stop thinking big.

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 11:34 AM

AWESOMESAUCE! YOU'RE GONNA BE OKAY!! :D :clap:

{{{{{Raeven}}}}

{{{{Bird Lady}}}}

{{{{{Raeven}}}}

{{{{Bird Lady}}}}

{{{{{Raeven}}}}

{{{{Bird Lady}}}}

And, in celebration...may I just say...

Posted Image

SQWWWAAAAAAAAAAK!!!

:p~ :p~ :p~

:hehe:

:hugs:

:D
Posted Image

Politicians are like bananas; they hang together, they're all yellow, and there's not a straight one among them.

"We're relevant for $ and a vote once every two years. Beyond that, we're completely irrelevant, except of course to consume, and preach the gospel according to [insert political demigod here]."--Cait

#26 Tricia

Tricia

To err on the side of kindness is seldom an error.

• Islander
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 11:54 AM

So happy to hear that it's not as bad as it could have been

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Raeven}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

(dang it, glad my office door is closed because I'm going to cry for happy...again)

In true dialogue, both sides are willing to change. --Thich Nhat Hanh

You don't need to attend every argument you are invited to

Do not ask that your kids live up to your expectations.  Let your kids be who they are, and your expectations will be in breathless pursuit.

#27 Kimmer

Kimmer
  • Islander
  • 6,388 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 02:41 PM

View PostRaeven, on 03 December 2010 - 06:43 AM, said:

I do have breast cancer, fortunately it's the 'best' kind to have, a simple lumpectomy and some radiotherapy should do the trick. I have an MRI booked for next week just to double check, then I see the surgeon again on the 17th of Dec and will be in hospital just after Christmas. Now I know for sure, I am fine with it, I am much more positive as there is a 95% success rate with this form of cancer. The last 10 days have been hell, the waiting is far worse than knowing. The breast cancer nurses are wonderful and explain things in detail, they have given me an information pack to look through and are always available if I have any questions...so after the longest night of my life today is looking better. Thanks for all the positive thoughts and well wishes {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{everyone}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Oh Raeven!!!!! Like Nonny, I hate that you have breast cancer, but I'm so glad it's the "best" kind. I remember just a year ago when my doc told me I had endometrial cancer, but to buck up because it was the "best" kind of female cancer to have with a 95% success rate. My first thought was, "Well, then YOU have it FOR me!" Then I calmed down and researched and listened to my surgeon and other docs and got in asap and had the parts all removed and underwent radiotherapy and here I am one year later (to the day) and I'm cancer free and I feel great and each and every day is a blessing.

And I tell you this so that you know you aren't alone and that loads of us will be pulling for you -- but it begins with you. Keep that great attitude - it's 90% of the success of this all.

Love to you, Raeven.
Kimmer

#28 Godeskian

Godeskian

You'll be seein' rainbooms

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 04:13 PM

Oh Raeven (((((( Rae )))))

I think like everyone else I'm here if there's anything I can do

Defy Gravity!

The Doctor: The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles... and that's a theory. Nine hundred years and I've never seen one yet, but this will do me.

#29 Darkside_1

Darkside_1

Your friendly Neighborhood Moderator.

• 3,079 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 08:37 PM

I hope things work out well for you...Hopefully the treatments will be painless and there won't be any side effects or relapses.  God Bless you and best wishes for a smooth treatment.

:hugs: :hugs:

"Harry S. Truman said that he felt like a bale of hay fell on him.

I feel like I got the whole damn barn."

Darren "Condor" McGavin - "By Dawn's Early Light"

HBO TV Movie - 1990

*** (Click here to view my signature) ***

Posted Image

"A pound of supplies taken from your enemy is worth 10 pounds of your own supplies"
Sun Tzu "The Art of War"

#30 Raina

Raina

Cpt. Raina 'Starlee'

• Validation Team
  • 6,007 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 01:20 AM

:hugs: Rae :hugs:

"First thing they tell you is to assume you're already dead... dead men don't get scared or freeze up under fire. Me, I'm just worried that hell's gonna be a lonely place. And I'm gonna fill it up with every toaster son of a bitch I find." -Racetrack

"I believe what goes around comes around and if I am the instrument of 'coming round' then I'll do it happily. " -Shal

Viper Squadron CAG
Roman Warrior
Browncoat

#31 JadziaDax

JadziaDax

E.I.'s resident insomniac

• Islander
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 01:37 AM

:( :(

{{{{{{{Raeven}}}}}}}
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

#32 Captain Jack

Captain Jack

Where's the rum?

• Islander
  • 14,913 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 04:43 AM

I don't know what to say other than what's already been said.  All I can say is you're a great person and a great friend.  Not to mention one heck of a pirate lady.  :piratebuds:  :)  I  wish you the very best with good thoughts and prayers to you, my friend.  Hang in there.   :hugs: {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Raeven}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Edited by Captain Jack, 04 December 2010 - 04:44 AM.

Posted Image
689 Reasons to Defeat Barack Obama in 2012:

https://www.national...at-barack-obama

#33 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,333 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 09:41 AM

Once again, thank you all :hugs: to everyone, your continued support gives me strength when I feel the positivity fading....you guys are the best :)

It's very complex. If the pizza man truly loves this babysitter, why does he keep slapping her rear? Perhaps she has done something wrong ~ Castiel

#34 mare serenitatis

mare serenitatis

magog with a migraine

• Islander
  • 544 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 11:24 AM

{{{{{{{Rae}}}}}}} That's really good news. My mom had the same and had a radiotherapy as well. She says it is rather exhausting and you'll sleep badly and feel weak and you might even feel a bit sick but it's not as bad as a chemo and you'll get over the after effects quicker.
But as you're younger than my mom (she had the surgery when she was almost 70), I expect you to live through it with much less problems.

*huuuuuuuge hug*
(btw, my mom had her last "10,000 miles inspection" as she calls it last May and was declared completely healed :))
A hug a day keeps the psychatrist away

#35 Nonny

Nonny

Scourge of Pretentious Bad Latin

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 11:52 AM

View PostKimmer, on 03 December 2010 - 02:41 PM, said:

I remember just a year ago when my doc told me I had endometrial cancer, but to buck up because it was the "best" kind of female cancer to have with a 95% success rate.
How did I not know this?!  I am so sorry I wasn't there for you, and so glad you came through okay.    

{{{{{{{{{{{Kimmer}}}}}}}}}}}

My first thought was, "Well, then YOU have it FOR me!" Then I calmed down and researched and listened to my surgeon and other docs and got in asap and had the parts all removed and underwent radiotherapy and here I am one year later (to the day) and I'm cancer free and I feel great and each and every day is a blessing.
I was very very lucky that the person who told me that it was the "best" kind of cancer was a nurse practitioner, retired Navy, with the best communication skills of any health care provider I've ever had.  The person delivering the news and the tone of voice really makes a difference with that kind of pronouncement.  

And I tell you this so that you know you aren't alone and that loads of us will be pulling for you -- but it begins with you. Keep that great attitude - it's 90% of the success of this all.
Amen to that!!!
Posted Image

The once and future Nonny

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Fatal miscarriages are forever.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

#36 Kimmer

Kimmer
  • Islander
  • 6,388 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 11:01 PM

View PostNonny, on 04 December 2010 - 11:52 AM, said:

View PostKimmer, on 03 December 2010 - 02:41 PM, said:

I remember just a year ago when my doc told me I had endometrial cancer, but to buck up because it was the "best" kind of female cancer to have with a 95% success rate.
How did I not know this?!  I am so sorry I wasn't there for you, and so glad you came through okay.    

{{{{{{{{{{{Kimmer}}}}}}}}}}}

((((((( Nonny )))))))

Please don't feel badly, Nonny. I was pretty quiet about it at the time, and I also wasn't visiting here while I dealt with all of it, so you had no way of knowing. Just knowing you are there now for Raeven is good.

And 4 years for you -- excellent. :clap: :boogie:  

Together we'll just keep reminding Raeven that this is a winnable fight. :hugs:

#37 Orpheus

Orpheus

I'm not the boss of you!

• Administrator
  • 17,598 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 11:31 PM

No time to post. Am busy huggling Rae.

mmmmmm

This may take a while.

#38 D.Rabbit

D.Rabbit

Me and all my shadows.

• Islander
  • 6,015 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 12:55 AM

Rabbit squeezes into the huggling, cause she really loves (((((((Rae))))))
Good xyzt to you, = a web greeting that includes all time zones and planets.
-----------------
Posted Image

#39 SparkyCola

SparkyCola

Bye

• Islander
  • 14,903 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 01:02 AM

Lol Orph :D Just to prove that some things never change ;)

{{{{{{{{{Rae}}}}}}}}}}

Sparky
Able to entertain a thought without taking it home to meet the parents

#40 Orpheus

Orpheus

I'm not the boss of you!

• Administrator
  • 17,598 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 01:10 AM

Hey! You know you're going to be all better when the doc quits treating you like eggshells.

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users