Nonny

Scourge of Pretentious Bad Latin

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 09:51 AM

View PostKimmer, on 04 December 2010 - 11:01 PM, said:

View PostNonny, on 04 December 2010 - 11:52 AM, said:

View PostKimmer, on 03 December 2010 - 02:41 PM, said:

I remember just a year ago when my doc told me I had endometrial cancer, but to buck up because it was the "best" kind of female cancer to have with a 95% success rate.
How did I not know this?!  I am so sorry I wasn't there for you, and so glad you came through okay.    

{{{{{{{{{{{Kimmer}}}}}}}}}}}

((((((( Nonny )))))))

Please don't feel badly, Nonny. I was pretty quiet about it at the time, and I also wasn't visiting here while I dealt with all of it, so you had no way of knowing. Just knowing you are there now for Raeven is good.

And 4 years for you -- excellent. :clap: :boogie:  

Together we'll just keep reminding Raeven that this is a winnable fight. :hugs:
Thanks.    :hugs:    We will indeed keep reminding her that she is in a winnable fight!     :flex: :nod:
Posted Image

The once and future Nonny

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Fatal miscarriages are forever.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

#42 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,333 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 10:29 AM

^I am relying on you to do just that :D

Sparky :hugs:

*goes back to being huggled*

It's very complex. If the pizza man truly loves this babysitter, why does he keep slapping her rear? Perhaps she has done something wrong ~ Castiel

#43 Nonny

Nonny

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 10:32 AM

More hugs for Raeven!    :hugs:  

{{{{{{{{{{{Rae}}}}}}}}}}}

Posted Image

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

#44 CurlyKirsty

CurlyKirsty
  • Islander
  • 652 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 04:03 PM

I just sent you a message, text me when and where you will be in hospital so I can come visit please. Am happy that it is treatable but it sucks that you have to go into hospital over christmas period.  I am feeling so much better thanks to your lovely messages and am now back to normal although the doctor does not recommend me weightlifting or running marathons (as if! :hehe: ) just yet.  You are a star, (((Raeven))) :love:
Doctor Who?

Posted Image

#45 Alica

Alica

Seek serenity, and if you can't find it, seek cupcakes

• 1,632 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 05:20 PM

*joins in and huggles Rae*

*slips Rae some cookies*

Cookies fix everything. :nod:

Edited by Alica, 05 December 2010 - 05:20 PM.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons...for you are crunchy, and good with ketchup.
Posted Image

#46 Balderdash

Balderdash
  • Islander
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 07:49 PM

A day late and a dollar short but I'm so glad to hear that Rae
is going to be ok.  I don't know you well but you've been kind,
welcoming and one reason that I find this place on the internets
to be a place I like to be.  I'm sending all the best positive
and healing vibes your way.  :)

Another Democrat leaning Independent that has to search for truth because it can't be found on Fox News OR MSNBC.

"Being gay is not a Western invention, it is a human reality"  by HRC

#47 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,674 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 05:06 PM

((((((((((((((((((((Raeven))))))))))))))))))))    :hugs:  :hugs:

I propose a hug a day, because what could be better than that?  :hugs:

SFG
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#48 Nonny

Nonny

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 12:09 PM

Good plan!   {{{{{{{{{{{Rae}}}}}}}}}}}
Posted Image

#49 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,333 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 01:29 PM

Thank you :) My MRI is tomorrow morning, 55 minutes in a metal tube - wish me luck :)

It's very complex. If the pizza man truly loves this babysitter, why does he keep slapping her rear? Perhaps she has done something wrong ~ Castiel

#50 Nonny

Nonny

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 01:34 PM

Luck!  

How soon do you get the results?
Posted Image

#51 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,333 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 02:57 PM

Not until 17th - more stressful waiting, but I just cannot afford to pay for the super fast service [same surgeon, but private clinic as opposed to hospital - as I have had cancer in the past I cannot get medical insurance so would have to pay it all myself and I just don't have that kind of money]

#52 Jid

Jid

Mad Prophet of Funk

• Islander
  • 12,553 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 03:13 PM

Good luck with your giant magnet appointment!   {{{{{{{{{{Rae}}}}}}}}}
Stay hungry.

Stay foolish.

#53 Tricia

Tricia

To err on the side of kindness is seldom an error.

• Islander
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 04:34 PM

****Concentrating on sending more postive energy Raeven's way****

:nod:  :fallover:

I know what you mean about the money issues.  

Good luck tomorrow Raeven!!!

I don't envy you the MRI experience...it makes me claustraphobic and I'm not normally like that.  But you gotta do whatcha gotta do to find out what's going on

I'll be thinking about you and sending lots of postive energy and thoughts your way until you know the results.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{Raeven}}}}}}}}}}}}

In true dialogue, both sides are willing to change. --Thich Nhat Hanh

You don't need to attend every argument you are invited to

Do not ask that your kids live up to your expectations.  Let your kids be who they are, and your expectations will be in breathless pursuit.

#54 UoR11

UoR11
  • Islander
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 07:29 PM

{{{{RaeRae}}}} MRIs aren't too bad, actually. And I'm freaking huge!
Yes, I am an economist. Yes, I do frequently sing "Can't Buy Me Love". No, I don't see any contradiction there.

#55 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,674 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 10:22 PM

((((((((((((((((((((Raeven))))))))))))))))))))    :hugs:  :hugs:

Good luck!

SFG
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#56 M.E.

M.E.
  • Islander
  • 7,795 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 12:45 AM

This should keep you busy til test time....

Attached File  top_list_hottest_men_over_40.jpg   79.13K   19 downloads

:hugs:

#57 Kimmer

Kimmer
  • Islander
  • 6,388 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 01:22 AM

:hugs: Rae  :hugs: Rae :hugs: Rae :hugs: Rae :hugs: Rae :hugs: Rae :hugs: Rae :hugs: Rae :hugs:

#58 Orpheus

Orpheus

I'm not the boss of you!

• Administrator
  • 17,598 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 02:05 AM

Rae in a metal tube? Can I get that at Harrods? Where's my passport?

This isn't the best thing since sliced bread! It's not even in the same universe!

#59 Captain Jack

Captain Jack

Where's the rum?

• Islander
  • 14,913 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 04:48 AM

View Postmichael elizabeth, on 09 December 2010 - 12:45 AM, said:

This should keep you busy til test time....

Posted Image

:hugs:

Picture him riding along with you in this:
Posted Image

Or this:
Posted Image

No matter what, always stay positive.  The power of the mind is much greater than you might realize.  Be positive and be happy and don't give up!  Good thoughts and prayers to you, always.  :hugs: :)
Posted Image
689 Reasons to Defeat Barack Obama in 2012:

https://www.national...at-barack-obama

#60 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,333 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 02:26 PM

I never EVER want to be in a metal tube again [sorry Orph ;)] that was scary and I admit I had a rather large panic attack, but I got there in the end, the scan is done, just waiting for the results...can I just say that I am sick of waiting ;)

Thank you all for your continued support, I can't tell you how much it means to me, it makes me weepy seeing all these wonderful messages - you're great friends to have :)

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users