• This topic is locked This topic is locked
149 replies to this topic

#141 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 04:50 PM

Once everyone was over the wall and standing quietly in the darkness, Grianne spoke in a low voice to them. "All right, Leon and I will lead the way. We're going to try to sneak back to our camp without encountering anything dangerous and if we do we'll try to sneak by without getting it's attention. Just follow us and try to keep quiet." Grianne counted the barely perceptible nods from each of the group and then she cautiously began leading the way back to camp. For the most part she chose a route that took them on the edge of woodland and open ground and every sense was attuned for the night-time predators that roamed the land. They had to avoid a lumbering super-mutant and a small pack of Deathclaws but thanks to their caution, skill and a fair amount of luck they were able to sneak back into the building where they were camped and shut the doors. "Good job." The tiger-hyrbid whispered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sam had hated the stealthy journey back through the darkness to their camp. Her heart pounded in her chest, her throat was dry, her breathing came unevenly and it felt like someone had tied her stomach in knots. In short she was afraid-especially when they saw the super mutant then the Deathclaw pack in the distance. She wondered vaguely if she was hurting Tim's hand from where she was holding it so tightly. But that awful trip in the darkness only confirmed one thing for Samantha. Once she got to Chitina she was definately never leaving it's borders again. She was going to stay where she was safe and with Tim. She was openly relieved when they made it back to the building they were camping at and some of the tension left her muscles once the door was closed. He heard Grianne whisper 'good job' in the darkness and turned to Tim. Sam knew that she wouldn't sleep for a while yet but being curled up with him would ease her anxiety.

#142 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,425 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 07:14 PM

After everyone in the group had climbed or been carried over the wall, Grianne announced that they would then return furtively to their camp.  RJD-1 reinstated his custom stealth mode to avoid unnecessary squeaking and moved through the darkness with his legs twisted precisely and moving in carefully calculated revolutions, while using his hypertextended left arm for balance and additioanl locomotion. He extended his sensors to maximum range.

When they had successfully avoided a super-mutant and a pack of Deathclaws and retunred to the motel, the Robot remained outside the secured door and continued to monitor the security perimeter. There still remained a 46% chance of reprisal from the town, plus or minus 14 percentage points.

#143 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,734 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 07:50 PM

Leon took point with Grianne after they started on their way back to the hotel where they'd stayed previously. He moved just as silently as a lion would if it was stalking its prey and they'd had to freeze a time or two when a Super Mutant and a small pack of Deathclaws were sensed. Thankfully the group remained unnoticed and made it back to the hotel safely. He didn't relax until they were inside, then he hugged Grianne, his relief showing. "I may have been bred to fight and survive out there." He growled. "But I'd rather stay on our farm from now on." And he meant it. He wanted nothing more than to stay behind their safe wall with his family and live out the rest of his life there.

Tim winced a time or two during the trip back when Sam clutched at his hand a little too tightly, but he didn't let go. That she clutched at him made him smile, even though he was probably as scared as she was. Once they made it back inside he took her in his arms and didn't bother complaining because there was nothing to complain about. She looked to him for comfort and he was going to provide it. "Let's just go to bed." He whispered to her.

Viconia made the trek back to the hotel with the others in silence, though she clung to Jez's hand, loathe to part from him for even a second. The contact also let her communicate with him much better than when she wasn't touching him and she kept telling him how much she loved him and how she just wanted to spend the rest of her life with him and however many children they would have. When they were finally safe after sneaking past the Super Mutant and Deathclaws, she hugged him and clung to him, very relieved to have that part of the journey over with, now all she wanted to do was curl up with him and never be apart from him again.

#144 Brit

Brit

Born too Soon

• Islander
  • 3,107 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:11 PM

Viconia made the trek back to the hotel with the others in silence, though she clung to Jez's hand, loathe to part from him for even a second. The contact also let her communicate with him much better than when she wasn't touching him and she kept telling him how much she loved him and how she just wanted to spend the rest of her life with him and however many children they would have. When they were finally safe after sneaking past the Super Mutant and Deathclaws, she hugged him and clung to him, very relieved to have that part of the journey over with, now all she wanted to do was curl up with him and never be apart from him again.

Jez felt that the mental link between him and Viconia was getting stronger all the time.  When they were close together they hardly had to speak at all, thinking was enough.  Of course they could also block their thoughts but Jez very rarely did that, he had no secrets from his lover.  He had a wide smile on his face, Jez had never been happier and Viconia's thoughts about settling down and having a family were exactly what he wanted to 'hear'.

The time they'd spent apart while he was imprisioned had seemed much longer than it really was and all he wanted was to be properly alone with Viconia.

#145 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 03:46 PM

Sam looked at Tim and nodded even though she was comfortable in his arms. She was overwhelmingly relieved to be back at the buildings that they were using as a camp which meant they were as safe as could be out in the wilderness. "Yes." She agreed with a warm smile. "Let's go to bed." Sam took his hand and lead him to the room that they were using as temporary quarters and shut the door. Already she was feeling better and happier as she changed into a loose gown then snuggled under the blankets on the mattress they were using. A moment later when he joined her she snuggled up to him and made herself comfortable. She was asleep in minutes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Grianne noted that RJD-1 had taken up watch outside the door for night-time dangers and she was glad that he had done so. She wouldn't mind sleeping the rest of the night at all. She smiled when Leon hugged her and couldn't agree with him more. "We use the skills bred into us to hunt our meat at the farm." Which in her opinion was the most optimal use of them. She knew that those hybrids who had banded together to form their own village used their hunting and survival skills in exactly the same way. "But I couldn't agree more." She said as she linked his arm with hers and headed for their room. "I look forward to a long, happy life at our farm and to grow our family some more." She added with a throaty purr.

#146 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,734 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 09:45 PM

Tim let Sam lead him to the room they shared the night before and he didn't take long to change into a pair of pajama bottoms before joining her in the bed and letting her get settled against him and comfortable. He held her for awhile until he could tell she was asleep, and then he let himself relax. A few minutes later, he was fast asleep as well.

Leon nodded agreement when Grianne said that they use their abilities as they should be used when they hunt for meat. He knew that was how the community of hybrids used theirs as well. He walked with her towards their room, growling low in his throat at her purr when she indicated that she wanted more cubs. He knew he had everything he ever wanted here with her and at home with their cub, and the others who would follow and there would be no need to leave the farm ever again, except to visit their friends on occasion, for he considered all the humans he knew as his friends and didn't want to lose touch with them. The two of them disappeared into their room and shut the door.

Viconia watched as the others separated off into pairs and disappeared into their respective rooms and she smiled. These were her friends, including the hybrids, and she couldn't be happier for any of them. She looked at Jez, then took him by the hand and took him to the room she'd spent such a lonely night in. Tonight she wouldn't be lonely and she would sleep in the arms of her mate. She disappeared into their room with him and shut the door.

#147 Brit

Brit

Born too Soon

• Islander
  • 3,107 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 07:14 PM

Viconia watched as the others separated off into pairs and disappeared into their respective rooms and she smiled. These were her friends, including the hybrids, and she couldn't be happier for any of them. She looked at Jez, then took him by the hand and took him to the room she'd spent such a lonely night in. Tonight she wouldn't be lonely and she would sleep in the arms of her mate. She disappeared into their room with him and shut the door.

Jez smiled as Viconia shut the door behind them.  He finally felt as though he could put his captivity out of his thoughts.  He hadn't even been ill treated, the fear he'd felt was for what his captors might have done to his friends when they came to find him.  They were his family and although it might seem like a strange family he loved them all.

Jez sat on the bed and pulled Viconia into his arms.  "I love you very much," he said and thought the words at the same time.  "Thank you for coming to find me, I tried to send you thought messages to stay away but I think you would have come to save me anyway."

#148 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,734 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 07:54 PM

"I love you too." Viconia said to Jez. "And yes, I would have come for you anyway." She wrapped herself around him and lay on the bed wrapped in his arms. She was finally right where she belonged.

#149 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 08:02 PM

OOC: Okay guys we're reaching the closing posts of the RP. It's time to be thinking of your 'epilogue' posts where you write a summary of the rest of your chracter(s) life. Closure, if you will.

IC:

A few days had passed since Jez had been successfully rescued from the Ahiri villagers and their spinal fluid sucking mutant inhabitants. The journey back had been made in easy stages and despite having to fight off an immature Yao Guai on the way the rest of the journey hadn't been difficult or particularly dangerous. As soon as they'd arrived back Grianne and Leon returned to their farm and Sam along with the group presented their findings to the council. After some debate a squad of soldiers was dispached to deal with any remaining mutants in Ahiri. Finally the group settled back into their lives...

Time Stamp: 11:13 am

It was a rest day so Samantha was relaxing at home. She was due to move into a new larger home with Tim in a week or so and she was already looking forward to it. At the moment she was sprawled across the sofa in her small living room, stretched out and relaxing. It was good to be home and safe. She was pretty sure that she would never leave Chitina again. She had everything that she needed right here. She was happy for the first time in a while.

#150 Brit

Brit

Born too Soon

• Islander
  • 3,107 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:49 PM

JP Jez & Viconia (Brit & E Chatty)

Viconia glanced around their clinic, it had been a few days and she was glad to have Jez back. In fact she was about to give him some very good news as soon as he came in and she put her hands on her still-flat abdomen, where their child was growing. She had just sensed the miniscule presence a few minutes ago and she thought it was the most perfect cap to his rescue.

Jez had been going about one of his favourite tasks, visiting the more elderly members of the population. Some of them couldn't get to the clinic and he knew that quite a few looked forward to a visit from him or Viconia. He was laughing quietly over a story one old man had told him about his school days. Jez tried to imagine the very elderly gentleman as a naughty schoolboy and had found it quite easy. Jez didn't see the wrinkles and age spots; he saw the light that surrounded the man and it still had a mischief making hue to it.

He arrived back at the clinic and called out to Viconia to let her know he was home. They had invited Leon and his family for dinner that night and he was going to ask if there was anything he could to to help with the preparations.

Viconia smiled when Jez walked in and she went over and gave him a hug. "I have something to tell you." She said, sounding as happy as she felt. "I'm pregnant."

Jez almost dropped the bag he was carrying. He put his arms round Viconia and hugged her very close to him.

"I thought there was something," Jez said, "it's hard to explain but the way I see you is changing. You look even more beautiful to me than ever. I'm so happy Viconia this is something that I've been wishing for."

Viconia laid her head on Jez's chest when he held her close. She was so happy she thought she would burst. She wrapped her arms around him and could feel tears starting to form in her eyes. "If I was any happier I think I'd burst." She said. "No more going out there." She said, knowing he would know exactly what she meant. Now that she was carrying a precious life inside of her she was not about to risk it by leaving Chitina. She would be content to raise her family and stay with Jez, no more adventuring, no more fighting giant scorpions, No more worrying about ghouls, super mutants, raiders or slavers. Their world was changing and she wanted to live to see them and participate in them.

"Definitely no more adventures," Jez said emphatically. "I love our life here too much to risk spoiling it. We'll raise a family and grow old together, I can't think of anything better."

He sighed with contentment. "I can't wait to tell our friends," Jez said. "I think that some of them will know immediately."

Jez placed his hand on Viconia's stomach and sent his thoughts towards their baby. He had no idea what he or she would be like, whether they would resemble him or their mother but he didn't care. This baby would grow up with so much love.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users