#21 Cheile

Cheile

proud J/Cer ~ ten years and counting

• Islander
  • 10,776 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 12:08 AM

View PostLord of the Sword, on 16 April 2011 - 11:31 AM, said:

OK, I know this position isn't going to be popular...but here it is:

The problem with the Columbine, and other school shootings...done by victims of bullying, is that they just opened fired, firing randomly. I, honestly, would have no problem if the only people killed in those shooting were the bullies. Actually, the ONE drawback is that the victim who couldn't take it anymore, and killed the bullies, would be portrayed as the villian...and probably charged with murder. Unfortunately.

As you can tell, I have ZERO sympathy for bullies.

As for stooping to the bullies level...Unfortunately, that is the only way. Bullies understand one thing, and one thing only...FEAR. You have to make the bullies afraid. Afraid for their very lives. Make them realize that if they try to bully you, you WILL take EVERYTHING from them. That GOD himself won't be able to save them. Do that, and will have no more problems from bullies.

i am not sure about other school shootings but in the case of Columbine, from what i recall of the true facts (NOT that BS published by the conspiracy theorist who's made money off the 10th anniversary with his crappy book), the MAIN bullies of Harris and Klebold were the jocks and the popular bitches. but the rest of the student body joined in by helping to laugh at them.  so in cases like that, it's likely they'll shoot at everybody because everybody is the bully in their mind.

and most bullies don't get fear. at least not that i've encountered or that i've seen portrayed in the news. at least not immediate fear of being attacked.  some of them DO get the fear of the rest of their lives being ruined...hence why i believe in prosecuting their asses to the fullest extent.  plus the bonus is even if they get a stupid judge/jury who lets them off and doesn't see their criminal behavior for what it is, they have still ruined their lives because the Internet never forgets. every employer, every college, every paranoid wannabe boy/girlfriend will find evidence of their crimes online, so at least there's some damage done to them even if they don't all get the jail time they deserve.

Posted Image

"Andromeda may be over but it's not dead. Not as long as we have fanfic writers dedicated to keeping it alive.  Whether you accept everything as canon or stop at a certain point. Whether you accept and enjoy Nu Drom or only accept Classic Drom, it will never be over.  Not as long as we have each other [and Beka], who binds us all together." ~ Mary Rose

Twitter * Facebook * ExIsle at Facebook

icon by mercscilla @ LJ

#22 Tricia

Tricia

To err on the side of kindness is seldom an error.

• Islander
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 10:36 AM

View PostCheile, on 18 April 2011 - 12:08 AM, said:

View PostLord of the Sword, on 16 April 2011 - 11:31 AM, said:

OK, I know this position isn't going to be popular...but here it is:

The problem with the Columbine, and other school shootings...done by victims of bullying, is that they just opened fired, firing randomly. I, honestly, would have no problem if the only people killed in those shooting were the bullies. Actually, the ONE drawback is that the victim who couldn't take it anymore, and killed the bullies, would be portrayed as the villian...and probably charged with murder. Unfortunately.

As you can tell, I have ZERO sympathy for bullies.

As for stooping to the bullies level...Unfortunately, that is the only way. Bullies understand one thing, and one thing only...FEAR. You have to make the bullies afraid. Afraid for their very lives. Make them realize that if they try to bully you, you WILL take EVERYTHING from them. That GOD himself won't be able to save them. Do that, and will have no more problems from bullies.

i am not sure about other school shootings but in the case of Columbine, from what i recall of the true facts (NOT that BS published by the conspiracy theorist who's made money off the 10th anniversary with his crappy book), the MAIN bullies of Harris and Klebold were the jocks and the popular bitches. but the rest of the student body joined in by helping to laugh at them.  so in cases like that, it's likely they'll shoot at everybody because everybody is the bully in their mind.

Or they thought that all the rest joined in, laughing.  

In a lot of cases, those who are bullied see even those who do not participate in the bullying or laughter as being as bad as the rest because they did NOTHING...no kind words or support, no defense or intervention.  People don't want to get involved or if they are afraid of drawing the bullies' focus to themselves.

And once those who are bullied get to the point that they take a gun to school, they tend not to see even those faces that were nice to them or friends...only those who hurt them or did nothing.

and most bullies don't get fear. at least not that i've encountered or that i've seen portrayed in the news. at least not immediate fear of being attacked.  some of them DO get the fear of the rest of their lives being ruined...hence why i believe in prosecuting their asses to the fullest extent.  plus the bonus is even if they get a stupid judge/jury who lets them off and doesn't see their criminal behavior for what it is, they have still ruined their lives because the Internet never forgets. every employer, every college, every paranoid wannabe boy/girlfriend will find evidence of their crimes online, so at least there's some damage done to them even if they don't all get the jail time they deserve.

Most bullies don't care that they hurt anyone and will blame their victim for not being able to handle a 'joke' or not being tough enough.  Never themselves for being horrible mean nasty people.  And even if confronted with their gun-toting victim, they will still not admit their wrong-doing...and if they do, they do not mean it.  

Yep, with the Internet out there and colleges and potential employers checking out one's social networks and history, there is no escaping that history.  No getting away from it at all.

In true dialogue, both sides are willing to change. --Thich Nhat Hanh

You don't need to attend every argument you are invited to

Do not ask that your kids live up to your expectations.  Let your kids be who they are, and your expectations will be in breathless pursuit.

#23 Cheile

Cheile

• Islander
  • 10,776 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 01:34 PM

View PostTricia, on 18 April 2011 - 10:36 AM, said:

View PostCheile, on 18 April 2011 - 12:08 AM, said:

Or they thought that all the rest joined in, laughing.  

In a lot of cases, those who are bullied see even those who do not participate in the bullying or laughter as being as bad as the rest because they did NOTHING...no kind words or support, no defense or intervention.  People don't want to get involved or if they are afraid of drawing the bullies' focus to themselves.

from everything truthful i've read about Columbine to date, the bystanders simply didn't care.  Harris and Klebold had a reputation for being [whatever] the jocks and bitches claimed so everyone just turned a blind eye, including the teachers.

i also believe school officials should be criminally charged but unfortunately that's a lot harder unless there is proof they too were bullying.  otherwise they can lie their way out by claiming the victims never complained or the parents never called or whatever, even though that's crap.  which leaves it up to the community to stand behind the victim's family and get these people terminated....but in some cases even the community is too stupid to do so (see South Hadley for a prime example).

Posted Image

"Andromeda may be over but it's not dead. Not as long as we have fanfic writers dedicated to keeping it alive.  Whether you accept everything as canon or stop at a certain point. Whether you accept and enjoy Nu Drom or only accept Classic Drom, it will never be over.  Not as long as we have each other [and Beka], who binds us all together." ~ Mary Rose

icon by mercscilla @ LJ

#24 Tricia

Tricia

To err on the side of kindness is seldom an error.

• Islander
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 08:22 PM

Still a little off-topic but was not sure where to put this...dig up the old thread or start a new one...

But with mention of bullying and punishment for those who do it or the schools who ignore it...

Parents of bullying victim sue school

The lawsuit filed by Asher Brown's parents claimed the 13-year-old killed himself in September after repeated bullying at Hamilton Middle School. The suit accuses Cy-Fair ISD and the school of failing to protect Brown and not punishing teachers or students who bully students.

The lawsuit also says the school destroyed evidence that shows Brown's father went to the school to discuss the bullying.

It's only a lawsuit but sometimes it takes a lawsuit to make people take notice and hopefully fix the problems

In true dialogue, both sides are willing to change. --Thich Nhat Hanh

You don't need to attend every argument you are invited to

Do not ask that your kids live up to your expectations.  Let your kids be who they are, and your expectations will be in breathless pursuit.

#25 Cheile

Cheile

• Islander
  • 10,776 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 08:50 PM

that DA was investigating the school as well as the bullies. maybe this is the first step towards the Cy-Fair district getting audited...or whatever it is they call investigating schools.

about damn time too.

Posted Image

icon by mercscilla @ LJ

#26 Hambil

Hambil
  • Islander
  • 5,492 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 09:36 PM

I can't imagine that anyone who has lived with a deformity of any kind, and suffered through what that does to your self worth and you life, would be against correcting said deformity. Had I been given the option, I'd have taken it. If you think only bullies look at you different when you are physically different, you are wrong. Almost everyone, even those with kind hearts, will look at you different.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Health, Plastic Surgery, 2011

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users