• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Nonny

Nonny

Scourge of Pretentious Bad Latin

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 05:56 PM

This is too weird for any other forum, so I'm posting it here as a current event.  Apparently Beverly Barton died today, but I can't find any information at a news site.  Since she writes suspense romance, and since her upcoming book is called Dead by Morning, well, I don't know what to think about this.
Posted Image

The once and future Nonny

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Fatal miscarriages are forever.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

#2 Alica

Alica

Seek serenity, and if you can't find it, seek cupcakes

• 1,633 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 06:14 AM

If it's true I'll be sad. I've read a few of her books and they've all been very good. Strange that no newspaper has it though. :(
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons...for you are crunchy, and good with ketchup.
Posted Image

#3 Tricia

Tricia

To err on the side of kindness is seldom an error.

• Islander
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 06:23 AM

Nothing in the news that I can see either...only on her Facebook official fan page and in wikipedia

edited to add...and several websites dedicated to books...like Harlequin and Barnes& Noble

Edited by Tricia, 22 April 2011 - 06:30 AM.

In true dialogue, both sides are willing to change. --Thich Nhat Hanh

You don't need to attend every argument you are invited to

Do not ask that your kids live up to your expectations.  Let your kids be who they are, and your expectations will be in breathless pursuit.

#4 Nonny

Nonny

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 07:56 AM

Still just wiki and facebook.  Could it be a big mistake that hasn't been corrected yet?    :(
Posted Image

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

#5 Tricia

Tricia

• Islander
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 08:23 AM

Could be...

How many false rumors have there been of celebs dying that proved wrong?  Can't remember who exactly but I know there have been several.  
One of those examples being Jeff Goldblum back in 2009...rumors said he fell off a cliff in NZ while filming a movie.  NOT.  Still alive and acting.

Someone puts it out there and then it gets spread without any fact-checking and fast due to the Internet.

Not sure how to verify or refute this one. :unsure:

Edited by Tricia, 22 April 2011 - 08:24 AM.

Do not ask that your kids live up to your expectations.  Let your kids be who they are, and your expectations will be in breathless pursuit.

#6 Balderdash

Balderdash
  • Islander
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 09:35 AM

Hope it's not some weird promotion for the new book or maybe I do hope it is!?   :unsure:
What I mean is I hope that it is a false rumor.

Another Democrat leaning Independent that has to search for truth because it can't be found on Fox News OR MSNBC.

"Being gay is not a Western invention, it is a human reality"  by HRC

#7 Nonny

Nonny

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 06:20 PM

View PostBalderdash, on 22 April 2011 - 09:35 AM, said:

Hope it's not some weird promotion for the new book or maybe I do hope it is!?   :unsure:
What I mean is I hope that it is a false rumor.
Exactly!
Posted Image

#8 Hambil

Hambil
  • Islander
  • 5,492 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 10:26 PM

TimesDaily just picked up the story a few hours ago. http://www.timesdail...rly-Barton-dies

That's three sources (that I've checked) - her officially facebook page, wikipedia, and now TimesDaily. However, it's odd that her actual home page/website remains silent.

#9 Nonny

Nonny

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 09:06 AM

View PostHambil, on 22 April 2011 - 10:26 PM, said:

TimesDaily just picked up the story a few hours ago. http://www.timesdail...rly-Barton-dies
Page Not Found   :(

That's three sources (that I've checked) - her officially facebook page, wikipedia, and now TimesDaily.
I've been trying various news sites, nada.  

However, it's odd that her actual home page/website remains silent.
Not if she's her own webmaster and has no back up plan for posting.
Posted Image

#10 Hambil

Hambil
  • Islander
  • 5,492 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 04:47 PM

Well, the story was there. They pulled it. Another oddity.

#11 Tricia

Tricia

• Islander
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 05:25 PM

I clicked the link and got that message too...

Typed it in their search box and ---

http://www.timesdail.../news/110429921

It says her real last name is Beaver...wonder if any obits come up under that?

Edited by Tricia, 23 April 2011 - 05:27 PM.

#12 Nonny

Nonny

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 09:14 PM

View PostTricia, on 23 April 2011 - 05:25 PM, said:

I clicked the link and got that message too...

Typed it in their search box and ---

http://www.timesdail.../news/110429921

It says her real last name is Beaver...wonder if any obits come up under that?
Obits for the well known are usually in the name they're well known by.  I would have thought she'd be known well enough to make more news outlets though.
Posted Image

#13 Tricia

Tricia

• Islander
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 05:10 PM

I guess it's a matter of perspective then....

Sometimes I think folks are important enough to warrant more attention than they get when they die.  

Beverly Barton is important to those who read her books and to whom her books meant something.

Now if it had been Stephen King, it would have been front page.

#14 Cheile

Cheile

proud J/Cer ~ ten years and counting

• Islander
  • 10,776 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 01:18 AM

well apparently it is true. :(

In Memoriam: Romance Writer Beverly Barton, 64, Dies

wikipedia says heart failure was th cause of death and also lists a book due to come out in September.

Posted Image

"Andromeda may be over but it's not dead. Not as long as we have fanfic writers dedicated to keeping it alive.  Whether you accept everything as canon or stop at a certain point. Whether you accept and enjoy Nu Drom or only accept Classic Drom, it will never be over.  Not as long as we have each other [and Beka], who binds us all together." ~ Mary Rose

Twitter * Facebook * ExIsle at Facebook

icon by mercscilla @ LJ

#15 Nonny

Nonny

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 10:49 AM

The second in the Dead by trilogy comes out tomorrow, the third in September.  

Rest in peace.
Posted Image

#16 offworlder

offworlder

pls don't kick offworlders, we can find a place too

• Islander
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 03:52 PM

I don't know her, and I read thrillers and suspense rather than the romance series,
but I do find it odd that the news did not pick up on't, however,

http://readersentert...beverly-barton/

'Beverly Barton,  a New York Times bestselling author, sending chills up your spine and thrills down to your toes with her exhilarating collection of romance and romantic suspense books.t, died suddenly Thursday (4/21/2011) of heart failure. She was 64.
We, at Readers Entertainment Community, want to express our condolences to Beverly’s friends and family at the passing of this wonderful lady.
Beverly was a sixth generation Alabamian who writes mainstream romantic suspense for Kensington'

'Beverly was born in Alabama, where her parents lived on her paternal grandmother’s ancestral home place, a farm that is still owned by a member of the family. Her upbringing was divided between Tuscumbia and Barton, Alabama and Chattanooga, Tennessee. She graduated high school from Chattanooga Central and then attended college at the University of North Alabama. Beverly married young and traveled briefly with her husband, who served in the navy in the mid-to-late sixties. After her husband decided against a military career, they settled back in their home state of Alabama and started a family. She was “in my element” as a stay-at-home mother and she could truthfully say that she loved every moment of motherhood. She enjoyed her children as babies, as toddlers, grade-schoolers, teenagers and as adults'
"(Do you read what they say online?) I check out all these scandalous rumours about me and Elijah Wood having beautiful sex with each other ... (are they true?) About Elijah and me being boyfriend and boyfriend? Absolutely true. We've been together for about nine years. I wooed him. No I just like a lot of stuff - I like that someone says one thing and it becomes fact. It's kind of fun." --Dominic Monaghan in a phone interview with Newsweek while buying DVDs at the store. :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Obituaries, Beverly Barton, Author, 2011

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users