• Please log in to reply
164 replies to this topic

#161 standish

standish
  • Islander
  • 72 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 09:41 PM

View PostNonny, on 03 May 2011 - 09:40 PM, said:

That moron Palin thanked the wrong president.  I'm so disgusted that I'm not even going to bother with the link.  

Hey, Palin!  Bush failed to bring bin Laden to justice.  Get over it!  

:headshake:

Just to set the record straight, here, Palin was misquoted by CNN.  Here is her actual quote...

“Yesterday was a testament to the military’s dedication in relentlessly hunting down an enemy through many years of war, and we thank our President and we thank President Bush for having made the right calls to set up this victory”.

Here is the video of the speech.  Skip ahead to the 11:30 mark...

#162 RobL

RobL

• Dead account
  • 3,383 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 09:48 PM

View Poststandish, on 05 May 2011 - 09:41 PM, said:

Just to set the record straight, here, Palin was misquoted by CNN.

Don't tell the dems here that. It would screw up getting on their Palin hate......

Bring back Darthsikle!

#163 standish

standish
  • Islander
  • 72 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 01:01 AM

View PostRobL, on 05 May 2011 - 09:48 PM, said:

Don't tell the dems here that. It would screw up getting on their Palin hate......

LOL.  Yeah, I know.  I'm sure there's many here who still believe that she said she could see Russia from her front porch.

Not that it should matter.  Most Dems have enough political differences with her, I fail to see the reason to make stuff up. I doubt she'll win the GOP nomination anyway, assuming she even runs.

#164 Balderdash

Balderdash
  • Islander
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 08:36 AM

View Poststandish, on 06 May 2011 - 01:01 AM, said:

View PostRobL, on 05 May 2011 - 09:48 PM, said:

LOL.  Yeah, I know.  I'm sure there's many here who still believe that she said she could see Russia from her front porch.

Not that it should matter.  Most Dems have enough political differences with her, I fail to see the reason to make stuff up. I doubt she'll win the GOP nomination anyway, assuming she even runs.

Didn't you just say that CNN got it wrong?  So then Dems weren't making stuff up, right?  :)

Another Democrat leaning Independent that has to search for truth because it can't be found on Fox News OR MSNBC.

"Being gay is not a Western invention, it is a human reality"  by HRC

#165 Nonny

Nonny

Scourge of Pretentious Bad Latin

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 10:52 AM

The secret behind the bin Laden takedown is the president’s new conception of terrorism

Ever so gingerly, even as they praised President Obama’s success against Osama bin Laden, some former senior Bush administration officials have sought to take a little credit for the mission themselves. Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, interviewed by MSNBC this week, even called the operation “a good story for continuity across two presidencies.”

That assessment couldn’t be further from the truth.
Behind Obama’s takedown of the Qaida leader this week lies a profound discontinuity between administrations—a major strategic shift in how to deal with terrorists. From his first great public moment when, as a state senator, he called Iraq a “dumb war,” Obama indicated that he thought that George W. Bush had badly misconceived the challenge of 9/11. And very quickly upon taking office as president, Obama reoriented the war back to where, in the view of many experts, it always belonged. He discarded the idea of a “global war on terror” that conflated all terror threats from al-Qaida to Hamas to Hezbollah. Obama replaced it with a covert, laserlike focus on al-Qaida and its spawn.

This reorientation was part of Obama’s reset of America’s relations with the world. Bush, having gradually expanded his definition of the war to include all Islamic “extremists,” had condemned the United States to a kind of permanent war, one that Americans had to fight all but alone because no one else agreed on such a broadly defined enemy. (Hez­bollah and Hamas, for example, arguably had legitimate political aims that al-Qaida did not, which is one reason they distanced themselves from bin Laden.) In Obama’s view, only by focusing narrowly on true transnational terrorism, and winning back all of the natural allies that the United States had lost over the previous decade, could he achieve America’s goal of uniting the world around the goal of extinguishing al-Qaida....

Posted Image

The once and future Nonny

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Fatal miscarriages are forever.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Obituaries, Osama Bin Ladin, 2011

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users