Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

Jack Kervorkian, "Doctor Death" Dies

Obituaries Dr. Kervorkian 2011

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Vapor Trails

Vapor Trails

In a world where I feel so small, I can't stop thinking big.

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 08:40 AM

I heard on NPR just now-and read on the net-that Jack Kervorkian passed away yesterday. He was 83.
Posted Image

Politicians are like bananas; they hang together, they're all yellow, and there's not a straight one among them.

"We're relevant for $ and a vote once every two years. Beyond that, we're completely irrelevant, except of course to consume, and preach the gospel according to [insert political demigod here]."--Cait

#2 Orpheus

Orpheus

I'm not the boss of you!

• Administrator
  • 17,841 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 02:08 PM

His last words were "NO! Not THAT button!"

-- Orpheus "and they'll probably be mine as well"

#3 Vapor Trails

Vapor Trails

In a world where I feel so small, I can't stop thinking big.

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 10:26 AM

View PostOrpheus, on 04 June 2011 - 02:08 PM, said:

His last words were "NO! Not THAT button!"

-- Orpheus "and they'll probably be mine as well"

:howling: :howling: :howling: :howling: :howling: :howling:

THANK YOU for what must be the best, longest laugh I've had in a LONG time. :D :hehe:

Edited by Analog Kid, 05 June 2011 - 10:26 AM.

Posted Image

Politicians are like bananas; they hang together, they're all yellow, and there's not a straight one among them.

"We're relevant for $ and a vote once every two years. Beyond that, we're completely irrelevant, except of course to consume, and preach the gospel according to [insert political demigod here]."--Cait

#4 obsidianstorm13

obsidianstorm13
  • Islander
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 04:11 PM

I'm telling ya man Orpheus for President...

If all else fails I'll absentee vote for Cthulhu-I mean hey really, why should I vote for the lesser evil at this point :hehe:

#5 Nonny

Nonny

Scourge of Pretentious Bad Latin

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:20 AM

May he rest in peace.  He is the reason my Advance Directive is as detailed as it is.  I am a VAMC patient, so the terrifying prospect of being resuscitated over and over to give the residents practice is not just a paranoid fancy, but a clear and present danger.  End of life care should be comforting, not terrifying.  Just because he was neither a charming nor a charismatic man doesn't mean he didn't give comfort to those who sought his help.
Posted Image

The once and future Nonny

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Fatal miscarriages are forever.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

#6 Orpheus

Orpheus

I'm not the boss of you!

• Administrator
  • 17,841 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 02:56 PM

Hey, don't get me wrong. I'm a HUGE fan of planned euthanasia. Have been since I was a kid.

-- Orpheus "My Advance Directive is: Kill me if you can!"

#7 Cheile

Cheile

proud J/Cer ~ ten years and counting

• Islander
  • 10,776 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 03:08 PM

View PostNonny, on 06 June 2011 - 07:20 AM, said:

May he rest in peace.  He is the reason my Advance Directive is as detailed as it is.  I am a VAMC patient, so the terrifying prospect of being resuscitated over and over to give the residents practice is not just a paranoid fancy, but a clear and present danger.  End of life care should be comforting, not terrifying.  Just because he was neither a charming nor a charismatic man doesn't mean he didn't give comfort to those who sought his help.

i still don't see much difference between a person being allowed to have a DNR order on file and being able to, if they are of coherent mind, have an order on file that says "pull my plug if i end up in a bad state" and/or sign a thing saying "i wish to die, please let me do so."

we can give compassion to our pets by euthanizing them when they are suffering and no longer have quality of life but a sane, coherent person cannot ask that for themselves...it just boggles my brain.

Posted Image

"Andromeda may be over but it's not dead. Not as long as we have fanfic writers dedicated to keeping it alive.  Whether you accept everything as canon or stop at a certain point. Whether you accept and enjoy Nu Drom or only accept Classic Drom, it will never be over.  Not as long as we have each other [and Beka], who binds us all together." ~ Mary Rose

Twitter * Facebook * ExIsle at Facebook

icon by mercscilla @ LJ

#8 Nonny

Nonny

Scourge of Pretentious Bad Latin

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 09:21 PM

View PostCheile, on 06 June 2011 - 03:08 PM, said:

View PostNonny, on 06 June 2011 - 07:20 AM, said:

i still don't see much difference between a person being allowed to have a DNR order on file and being able to, if they are of coherent mind, have an order on file that says "pull my plug if i end up in a bad state" and/or sign a thing saying "i wish to die, please let me do so."

we can give compassion to our pets by euthanizing them when they are suffering and no longer have quality of life but a sane, coherent person cannot ask that for themselves...it just boggles my brain.
Amen to that!
Posted Image

The once and future Nonny

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Fatal miscarriages are forever.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Obituaries, Dr. Kervorkian, 2011

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users