• This topic is locked This topic is locked
280 replies to this topic

#1 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 09:26 PM

Hey everyone, after a bit of a brainstorm I’ve decided that I’m going to attempt a reboot and redesign of my old Andromeda-Universe “Path of Dawn” RP. The old version collapsed for a variety of reasons that I won’t get into now but I’m thinking of a complete reboot. Start over with a different storyline.

It’ll be set in the Andromeda Universe but it won’t be starring the main cast from the TV show. No Dylan, Tyr, Rommie, Trance ect ect. Though they might make an appearance from time to time or we might hear about them as it’ll be set around the same time as the TV show.
It’ll be our own original characters though some of them might have links to the Andromeda characters or things in common with them. (EG: Engineer with a dataport.)

RJ, Balth, Obsidian, Brit, it’d be great if you guys could join.

The premise will start out pretty simple. We’d all be serving on a ship not unlike the Maru except it’s in a bit better condition and is a bit larger. That is, we’re mercenaries and cargo-runners operating from drift to planet.
Eventually we’ll be running across an old High Guard Warship known as the Path of Dawn but for now we’re just a bunch of mercs on adventures for money.

I’d play the captain, obviously.

I’ll likely be playing the medical officer too but if you really want to be the ship’s doctor that’s fine, PM me and we’ll talk. I can have my planned character be a scientist or something. ;)

I think engineer will be claimed by Chatty but that still leaves stuff like a pilot, weapons officer, security, the ‘muscle’,  counsellor, or any other on-ship position you can reasonably think of.

I’ll go into more details about the ‘dos and don’ts’ later, this is just a proposal post. Standard rules would apply about species. If you want to play something exotic like Avatar, Purple Pixie, or something not quite in-lore like human/nietzschean hybrid... we’ll talk and see if we can arrange something.

Other species like human, Inari, Persied, Makra, Castellian, heavyworlder, ect, that’ll probably be fine.
So.... you guys interested? Or any newcomers that are reading?

Rejected and gone.

#2 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 09:31 PM

Stepping in to confirm that I am taking the engineer's position. She'll be the same one that was in the old RP-she'll have a dataport and be a genius engineer, but those are the only two things she'll have in common with Harper.

If we happen to need another filler character, I'm always up to creating another as well.

Adding my booming voice to the mix in inviting others to come in and play ;)

#3 Balthamos

Balthamos

Once more unto the breach!

• Islander
  • 2,280 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 02:23 AM

I'm interested but since I have very little knowledge of the Andromeda universe...

#4 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 08:09 AM

You don't need a deep knowledge of the Andromeda universe. Miko will post everything you need to know, plus work with you to create a character if need be.

#5 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 08:15 AM

Yup. You don't actually need to know anything about the Andromeda Universe, I can post enough to get any prospective player started and find some good sites with enough info.

There are ways around it ingame as well. You could come from a planet with an isolated population, or be an amnesiac, or anything else inventive I can think of. The game will start off pretty generic and mild for the first few arcs while I get a feel for everyone's characters.
Rejected and gone.

#6 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,784 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 07:17 PM

Thanks for the invite. :)  I do like the RPGs and I did watch the first 2-3 years of Andromeda, but I'm kind of worried about time, since I'm already involved in two of these stories.   :unsure:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#7 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 07:25 PM

No worries. You could take a reduced role, or rotate the days you post. The games can go pretty slow sometimes anyway.
Rejected and gone.

#8 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 01:05 PM

We've already got the first plot arc almost ironed out so all we need are some character bios. When Miko puts up the profile thread I'll move my existing profile from the old thread and tweak it just a bit.

I also have another character almost ironed out as well. He should be interesting ;)

#9 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 04:01 PM

Alrighty the profile thread is up, along with mine and Chatty's characters.

I think I covered choice of character species. If you want to be a Purple Pixie, an AI/Avatar, Magog or a Vedran you'll have to PM me or talk to me here or on MSN and we'll.... work on it. ;)

But anything else goes. Human, Nietzschean, Inari, Castellian, Makra, Persied, Chichin, Nightsider, and Than are the ones off the top of my head. You can look them up as well as a lot of other detailed information at...

http://www.saveandro...stems/index.htm

It doesn't mention Inari, Castellian or Makra interestingly enough.

Inari seem to be genetically engineered humans. I'm not too sure what their modifications are other than they look a little different.

Castellian are humans genetically modified to breathe underwater. They have gills and blue scales at the side of their necks, and a bit around their head and bodies. On land they have to carry a tank and tubes fitted into their gills.

Makra are a feline-like species. Furry, clawed, tailed bipeds. If I recall they're quite connected to nature and come from a forested world. Other than that there isn't much about them so if you want to be a Makra, fill in the blanks if you'd like. ;)

As for character profiles, it's fairly basic and you can use mine or Chatty's profiles as a template. Just need Name, Age, Species, physical description, profession, skills, known family and known background. You don't have to reveal everything about your character in the profile. You can keep a few secrets to be found out during the story. But the GM has to know about it and okay it first.

It doesn't have to be particularly detailed either. So long as I know what your character looks like, his/her profession, species and basic data I can work with it and you can develop and flesh out the character as the story goes along. Just remember to keep me updated.

Any questions?
Rejected and gone.

#10 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,784 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 07:16 PM

Okay, I will join.  :happy:  I'll have to give some thought to my character, though, and my head hurts too much right now.  A Makra sounds appealing, though....
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#11 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 07:40 PM

Yay! Awesome RJ.

And being a Makra is fine. There was very, very little information on it in the actual show. I think we only got brief screenshots in the pilot and most of it was cut out, so you can invent what you like or want about their culture and such.  ;)
Rejected and gone.

#12 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 04:01 PM

And while I remember, some brief information about Cath's hiring policy so you know a little about how your character was hired.

Basically when one of the crew leaves/dies/whatever and a replacement is needed Cath will have the Hawk stop off at a drift or planet and advertise she's looking for a crewmember with particular skills. EG, Pilot, medic, engineer.

Applicants that show up would have had their background briefly screened then been interviewed by Cath and then given a short competence test to prove that they really can do what they claim they can. It avoids scammers or people who just want a free ride that way. If the test involves doing a service like an engineering applicant repairing a fault on the Hawk then the applicant is paid for the work done. If you pass the test, you're offered a job. Simple as that.
Rejected and gone.

#13 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 09:12 PM

Alrighty, we have just about enough to get started so I'm gonna get this show on the road. ;)

It'll be easy enough for now, we're all on Saneshal Drift (a trading/market space station with an unsavoury reputation). Most of us are on shore leave or have time off to wind down and have a little fun while Catherine sorts out the next job. So you can be aboard the 'Hawk, aboard the drift. Drinking, gambling, nightclubbing, visiting their gardens, getting into bar fights, whatever you can think of to entertain you.

RJ - You can jump in and have your character doing whatever activity you want like the others when your character is up and ready. Other potential newcomers (Obsidian, Brit, I'm looking at you here. ;)) Also no worries. We'll be at the drift for little while yet so it all can be integrated seamlessly.

Except of course, Cath and Meng who are out on business.
Rejected and gone.

#14 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 10:59 PM

Oooooooooookay, I'm in now  :blink:. Somehow I talked myself into this and was given the green light by Miko :D. I've taken over as cook!!

Bio is up...It's Erica from before with a few minor changes. Off to read and get back into this RP business :wink:.

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 23 June 2011 - 11:00 PM.

#15 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 08:08 AM

Thanks Nikki.

*Giggles.* I got a good giggle out of both of your posts Chatty and Nikki. What a wonderful way to start the day to.
Rejected and gone.

#16 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 08:18 AM

Always happy to give the GM a good giggle at the start of a RP ;)

#17 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 11:55 AM

Oh yeah before I forget it entirely.

I'm only counting stuff before the episode "Ourobous" in mid-S2 as 'canon' for my RP. (That's the episode where Trance turned gold.) Stuff after that I might include. EG: Bokor, Genites, ect but for the most part I'm ignoring stuff after that.

No tunnel aliens, whatever happened in S3/4. No Seefra or route of ages or paradines or any of that stuff though. If one of you want something post-Ouroubous included, PM me and we'll see about getting it included.

;) I also reserve the GM's right to add my own made up custom-content into the RP and with a PM, provided it doesn't clash with the pre-set universal rules or the plot, you guys can too.
Rejected and gone.

#18 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 02:09 PM

View PostMikoto, on 24 June 2011 - 11:55 AM, said:

Oh yeah before I forget it entirely.

I'm only counting stuff before the episode "Ourobous" in mid-S2 as 'canon' for my RP. (That's the episode where Trance turned gold.)
Good thing I still have my DVDs!! I think a viewing is in order this summer :angel:. That was a long time ago.

#19 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 02:16 PM

:lol: I've done the exact same thing. I'm watching an ep per day now to get me all refreshed and remembered. It's fun to watch the old show again.

In truth I've only seen up 'til somewhere in S3. I remember my disgust at the changes and rediculousness of it all overtaking me at an episode called "Delenda Est" and I stopped watching after that. I missed S4 entirely and S5 I read about on wikia because I wanted to know how it was faring. I even watched a stray ep here and there with precious little clue what was going on. It was watching a different show with the same names and faces. Horrible. ;)
Rejected and gone.

#20 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,784 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 06:52 PM

I stopped watching soon after Season Two. I don't have DVDs, though. :blush:

Good to see you, Nikki.   :trance:

Yikes, the story has started already. I better cook up my character.  :o

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users