Posted 26 June 2011 - 02:52 PM

Don't worry, you'll catch up :)

#42 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 02:55 PM

Plenty of time and I can provide a summary if you'd like. ;)
Rejected and gone.

#43 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 03:29 PM

Yay, RJ's ready to play :D. Now we just need Brit ;).

#44 Brit

Brit

Born too Soon

• Islander
  • 3,107 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 03:38 PM

OIK, male, human.  What jobs are not filled yet?

#45 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,740 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 03:39 PM

Speaking of which, I spy a Brit peeking at this thread ;)

You can bring back a revamped Tommy if you like, or a completely new character.

Oh Nikki, I just love your last post. Meng isn't fooled in the least :lol:

#46 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 03:46 PM

As Chatty said.

Ideally we could use another big tough mercenary/security officer type and relief pilot as Cath and Meng are the only two 'warrior types' we have but you could be just about co-anything as most primary positions are filled.
Rejected and gone.

#47 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 04:01 PM

View PostEChatty, on 26 June 2011 - 03:39 PM, said:

Speaking of which, I spy a Brit peeking at this thread ;)
Oh how funny was that!!!

Oh Nikki, I just love your last post. Meng isn't fooled in the least :lol:
What? :suspect: But she was so innocent about it :wink: :whistle:

#48 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,503 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 04:02 PM

I'm working on it. Lots of posts in a short time (and lots of distractions). :D

I'll have to think of some reason that Macavity hasn't been seen....
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#49 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,740 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 04:03 PM

No worries, we'll work him in.

Nikki.... :lol: He's a Niet too, he understands survival

#50 Balthamos

Balthamos

Once more unto the breach!

• Islander
  • 2,280 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 05:32 PM

Because when you reach the scene of crime Macavity's not there!

Do you need any other reasons not to be seen?

#51 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,503 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 07:06 PM

^^ :lol:

Well, I need a reason that he didn't investigate all the yelling and shooting and so on.  And I think I have one....
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#52 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 01:42 PM

As Nikki reminded me. (Thank you Nikki.) I need to post a description of the Ebon Hawk up so that you guys know more or less what the environment is.

The Ebon Hawk is considerably larger than the Maru. (I don’t know how much larger exactly. It’s all relative to me.) But like the Maru it’s more or less 3D rectangular in shape with a bridge at the front of the ship and engines at the back. In terms of weapons, defences, speed and manoeuvrability it could be described as ‘average’ for a cargo vessel of its size. Its custom made so there isn’t quite another ship like it. Its metal, mostly unpainted but I wouldn’t call it shiny or new-looking. It’s slightly weathered and in a state of good repair. Catherine hasn’t been cutting corners in terms of maintainance or food budget.

Much of the space aboard the ‘Hawk is devoted to cargo space and thus the cargo hold just in front of engineering is easily the biggest room on the ship. The ship has two decks. Two levels of engineering, one big cargo hold, then a main corridor and crew quarters plus the bridge on the upper level, rec room and galley on the lower level. The ship has twelve sets of quarters. These quarters are basic and small even for the captain. They usually consist of a small room with a single bed, a small wardrobe, storage unit for personal possessions, table and chair all closely fitted together and bolted in place to the walls or floors. Each set of quarters has a tiny adjoining bathroom that’s more like the size of a closet.

There is a galley and a small mess room. Like the rest of the ship both are compact and functional. There’s just enough seats in the mess room/kitchen for twelve people to sit at tables to eat if they all squeezed in and occupied every seat available. There is a water purifier that can provide water for up to six months and enough icky ‘military ration bar’ type things in storage for emergencies that’ll last just as long. Next room over is a general living area/recreation room otherwise known as a ‘rec room.’ In there will be tvs, sofas, holonovels, and other such things for entertainment purposes. There is also exercise equipment in one of the storage containers there but you’re best off taking those to the cargo hold if you want to exercise as there’s more room there.

After that, unless there is something I missed, is the bridge. Airlocks are situated on the side of the ship and each ‘area’ is separated by bulkheads in case of an emergency decompression. There are also a couple escape pods as well.

Stick-man drawings incoming in my next post.

Edited by Mikoto, 27 June 2011 - 02:07 PM.

Rejected and gone.

#53 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 02:21 PM

Well, here are my primitive cavewoman drawings.;)

Birds eye view.

Posted Image

And the view from the side.

Posted Image
Rejected and gone.

#54 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 02:30 PM

Yay visuals and a description :D! Very useful, thanks, Miko. And you're welcome for the nudge, even if I was only thinking of the kitchen initially. The rest is important, too :wink:.

Cavewoman stick drawings are most effective :).

#55 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 03:03 PM

Crap, I forgot to include the medical bay in the diagrams and description. D'oh! ;)

Oh well, the medical bay has three beds in it and is equipped to reasonable hospital standards to deal with most medical emergencies. Daze keeps it well supplied with a mixture of modern medicines and herbal remedies.

It's situated between the airlock and and the galley on the bottom level. Literally right next door to each other as the diagram should have shown.

Edited by Mikoto, 27 June 2011 - 03:03 PM.

Rejected and gone.

#56 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 07:22 PM

I work all day tomorrow at my part-time job, so please place Erica wherever she needs to be if something happens in the story :). I'll catch up when I get home.

#57 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,740 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 07:38 PM

You got it :)

And for anyone interested, Macavity now has a face ;)

#58 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,503 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 06:35 PM

Thanks, Chatty.  :)

#59 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,740 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 08:52 PM

You're welcome RJ :)

I host any images that are needed if someone needs me to.

#60 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,503 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 07:09 PM

I'm not sure if Dawn found the picture of Erica among the things she picked up.  Would there be a problem with Macavity finding it and making some brilliant but erroneous deductions? :D

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users