• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 04:02 PM

http://www.sfgate.co...inga1188971.DTL

I can't help but laugh, I really can't. I mean, I've been speaking out against "free medical care for inmates" for how long now? Latest one was in the sex change operation thread, for inmates. And here we have a citizen who robs a bank, just so the taxpayers can pay his medical bill.

Way to go criminal justice system.
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#2 Palisades

Palisades

Northern Lights

• Islander
  • 7,753 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 04:11 PM

I think it's more relevant to how criminals and the poor often have access to better medical care than working class people who don't have health benefits from a large employer.
"When the Fed is the bartender everybody drinks until they fall down." —Paul McCulley

"In truth, 'too big to fail' is not the worst thing we should fear – our financial institutions are now on their way to becoming 'too big to save'." —Simon Johnson

FKA:
TWP / An Affirming Flame / Solar Wind / Palisade

#3 Vapor Trails

Vapor Trails

In a world where I feel so small, I can't stop thinking big.

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 04:38 PM

Some folks have died because they didn't have the money for health care. Only the strong survive-and in this instance, strength=money.
Posted Image

Politicians are like bananas; they hang together, they're all yellow, and there's not a straight one among them.

"We're relevant for $ and a vote once every two years. Beyond that, we're completely irrelevant, except of course to consume, and preach the gospel according to [insert political demigod here]."--Cait

#4 Themis

Themis
  • Islander
  • 6,544 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 05:40 PM

More people should try this - small crime, light sentence, get health care they can't get any other way.  Maybe it would drive home the need that this country needs universal health care. Unfortunately the jails are already overcrowded so the charges will probably be dismissed or he'll just get a fine and he still won't be able to afford health care.  

I do have to wonder if he he tried an ER, though.
Cats will never be extinct!

#5 Nonny

Nonny

Scourge of Pretentious Bad Latin

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 07:55 PM

View PostPalisade, on 21 June 2011 - 04:11 PM, said:

I think it's more relevant to how criminals and the poor often have access to better medical care than working class people who don't have health benefits from a large employer.
If the health care that working class people get is even worse than what I received when I was poor, then I'd be hard put to call it care at all.
Posted Image

The once and future Nonny

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Fatal miscarriages are forever.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Health Care, 2011

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users