3 replies to this topic

#1 Rov Judicata

Rov Judicata

Crassly Irresponsible and Indifferent

• Islander
  • 15,720 posts

Posted 23 August 2003 - 12:18 PM

http://www.signonsan...avisrecall.html

LOS ANGELES Republican Bill Simon dropped out of the gubernatorial recall race Saturday amid calls from party leaders to consolidate support behind fewer candidates, a campaign official said.

Simon campaign spokesman K.B. Forbes confirmed that the Republican, who lost to Gov. Gray Davis in the 2002 race for governor, was dropping his bid to replace Davis if voters decide to oust the governor.

Interesting. One wonders how many republicans will still be around when the polls open.
St. Louis must be destroyed!

Me: "I have a job and five credit cards and am looking into signing a two year lease.  THAT MAKES ME OLD."
Josh: "I don't have a job, I have ONE credit card, I'm stuck in a lease and I'm 28! My mom's basement IS ONE BAD DECISION AWAY!"
~~ Josh, winning the argument.

"Congress . . . shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis[.]" ~1 U.S.C. 1, selectively quoted for accuracy.

#2 HubcapDave

HubcapDave

Bald is Beautiful!

• Islander
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 23 August 2003 - 12:31 PM

Smart man, that Bill Simon.

He had his shot, let the big man take his!

GOP probalby saw how close Ahnuld and Bustamante were in polling, so they tapped Bill on the shoulder and said, "Hang back, why don't you?"

#3 Norville

Norville
  • Islander
  • 4,501 posts

Posted 23 August 2003 - 01:47 PM

Oh well, another one bites the dust. I'd have voted for him over Ahnuld, but then, I'd vote for almost *anyone* over Ahnuld...
"The dew has fallen with a particularly sickening thud this morning."
- Marvin the Paranoid Android, "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"

Rules for Surviving an Autocracy
Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.
- Masha Gessen
http://www.nybooks.c...s-for-survival/

#4 MuseZack

MuseZack

132nd S.O.C.

• Demigod
  • 5,432 posts

Posted 23 August 2003 - 02:22 PM

Javert Rovinski, on Aug 23 2003, 05:18 PM, said:

http://www.signonsan...avisrecall.html

LOS ANGELES Republican Bill Simon dropped out of the gubernatorial recall race Saturday amid calls from party leaders to consolidate support behind fewer candidates, a campaign official said.

Simon campaign spokesman K.B. Forbes confirmed that the Republican, who lost to Gov. Gray Davis in the 2002 race for governor, was dropping his bid to replace Davis if voters decide to oust the governor.

Interesting. One wonders how many republicans will still be around when the polls open.
Precisely one, I'm pretty certain.  Even ceritifed wingnut Dana Rorbacher is holding his nose and supporting the relatively liberal Ah-nuld.
"Some day, after we have mastered the wind, the waves, the tides, and gravity,
We shall harness for God the energies of Love.
Then, for the second time in the history of the world,
we will have discovered fire."
--Father Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Elections, California, Bill Simon, 2004

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users