• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#1 Lover of Purple

Lover of Purple

Mustang Man

• Retired Board Owner
  • 11,215 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 03:30 PM

I am considering a new RP based on a storyline I have played with over the years. I am posting this information to get feedback and interest.

LoP

Earth Exodus Fleet

Background history

In 2056 scientists using new technology mounted on solar stations close to the Sun discovered that the Sun was in a state of dramatic change. This change would cause the Sun to expand into a red giant within approximately 130 years. Most of the scientific world refused to accept the findings until 2063 when the noted astrophysicist Janice Winterstein found positive proof in the Sun’s gravity signature. With the certain destruction that would befall life on Earth a bold plan was formulated among all the world’s countries. The project was named Earth Exodus and all resources, technology and direction was thrown into it. Most of those who started the project knew they would never live to see it completed, but their children and grandchildren would.

The project revolved around every city over a population of 500,000 would build massive starships to carry life from Earth into space. The discovery in 2061 of gravity technology made the project even possible, ships could be build on Earth within a low gravity field and lifted into space with anti-gravity. With the entire human race focused on the project all wars ended and science turned to survival in space. Even the newest space fighters had been mothballed and military research dropped off, except for a group of scientists working at the new lunar base. These scientists worried about what humans might encounter in space. People told them they had seen too many old sci-fi movies and reduced funding so private investors kept the research going.

In 2088 the scientists were vindicated in a dramatic and nearly fatal way when an alien race “found” Earth and attacked. The mothballed “Mustang” fighters were pressed into service to defends Earth but found themselves out classed in every way. The alien craft began decimating the Earth forces and would have won easily if it hadn’t been for the lunar scientists’ research and secret weapons. These weapons had been tested on the dark side of the moon and mounted on a large number of extremely advanced spacefighters called Scorpions. These fast, nimble lethal fighters arrived in large numbers and soon destroyed the invaders fleet, and they quickly sued for peace and left the solar system. The point had been made and the lunar scientists were fully funded.

Technology advanced quickly. Phased weapons, matter-antimatter missiles, photon spinner torpedoes, deflector screens, force fields and hyper computers the size of cantaloupes with AI abilities were quickly developed and installed. But the one discovery that changed things the most was the Gravitronic Hyperdrive. This drive would allow even the largest ship, with enough power, to create warp corridors through space and shorten interstellar travel time from long years and decades to days. The new matter antimatter reactors would provide the power.

In 2181 the Earth Exodus began as hundreds of 15 mile long starships lifted off from the Earth’s surface and moved as a group away from the planet.

Each 15 mile long (and mile wide) colony ship’s fleet consists of several defense and support ships. These ranged in size from military ships (cruisers, battleships, corvettes and others), mining and manufacturing ships, exploration and medical ships as well as several others. The largest of these fleets belongs to the flagship: Washington DC. It had been decided that at least one fleet would always be left in space to a portable platform for defense if needed.

By the time our RP takes place several planets have been colonized, but less than half of the fleet has landed on a planet. Once a planet is discovered to be habitable one colony ship would settle onto the planet with its’ fleet. The ship would provide a home while the colonists began colonization.

One of the colony ships has been seized by criminals and has left the fleet. This is the EFS Alcatraz and we do not know where it is at this time. The take over had been violent and bloody and had proven that keeping all the world’s criminals on one ship had been a mistake. A few of the support ships had left with it, but most had joined the Washington DC.

Info:

The Washington DC is slightly larger than the other colony ships at 17 miles long. Each colony ship carries a large complement of Scorpion fighters and some Mustang fighters left over. These are housed in huge hanger decks, one on top and one on the bottom of the colony ship/ Forcefields keep the atmosphere in and emergency doors are ready to close if the field goes down. The Command Center sits at the front of the ship and on top of the decks. This area consists of a high tech domed area that houses several “buildings” and trees. Here we will often find the Fleet Commander: Jerry Cray. Commander Cray does not go on missions and will usually be used by me to move a story along or start one. Watch for his commands for your pilot, if you have one.

Your pilot will have his/her own Scorpion as well as the Alpha level hyper AI. These AIs develop a close relationship with  their pilot and only listen to them and Commander Cray or the Scorpion Squadron commander when needed (like during what I will call Launch Green. This is when the squad launches at exactly the same time tied to the leader’s AI.) Develop any kind of relationship you want for your character and the AI you want, but keep it PG13 ;) .

Your Scorpion is the most lethal fighter ever designed. These ships have their own Gravitronic Hyperdrive as well as veritable vectored sublight engines. These ships are fast, nimble and extremely lethal. Two adjustable wingtip and one tail mounted phase weapons (phasers) allow this ship to vary it’s attack path and beam coverage. Two photon spinner launchers holding ten torpedoes each and six matter-antimatter missles (MAMs) mounted in the wings give this Scorpion a sting. The tail mounted phaser can even be fired backwards (didn’t you always wonder why no one ever does that with beam weapons?). Scorpions also use a deflector grid for projectile weapons and Forcefields for energy weapons.

Do these fighters sound too powerful? Well, they will be for most of the races we meet up with but very few of these will be looking for a fight. Our number one enemy will be a race we will get to meet on our first regular RP. Their Huntships will be a match for our Scorpions and their Processor ships will be a watch for even the Washington DC. This enemy, the Vetra, are a nasty bunch of creatures and will have a cruel and shocking reason they become our enemy. The Vetra are a scourge to many races and a thorn in our side. Watch for them.

Our ship is a huge city in space so all aspects of life would be there: stores, restaurants, medical, living quarters, high speed inner-ship turbo lifts and shuttles. This huge size should allow multiple characters if anyone wants them, some of these characters might never be involved in major stories, but used to show daily life. It is suggest that each person create at least one military or scientific/medical person and pilot for a Scorpion but feel free to create more or less as you feel works best for you. Civilians offer the best chance to play around on the entire ship.

Inside the ship we will find parks, theaters and other social areas. Have fun with these areas especially.

Our fleet will include several battleships: the Excalibur, the Lexington, the Kremlin and the Enterprise (I have always wanted to make that a battleship name). These ships will need a Captain. First some first serve on being one of them.

I will add more as I create them.

#2 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 03:38 PM

Definately sounds interesting to me.
Rejected and gone.

#3 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,734 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 03:47 PM

Me too, I'm good at manipulating three characters at a time, but I'll leave captaining to someone else ;)

#4 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 03:59 PM

Ooh, thinking hard here :D. *Does she have the time?*

#5 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 04:47 PM

Question! What are the fighter AI's like...I mean, just voices or holograms (small or lifesize) or actual androids? :)

#6 Lover of Purple

Lover of Purple

Mustang Man

• Retired Board Owner
  • 11,215 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 05:42 PM

The AIs are voices only.

LoP

#7 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 05:51 PM

I might play as two characters myself.
Rejected and gone.

#8 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 06:39 PM

View PostMikoto, on 25 September 2011 - 05:51 PM, said:

I might play as two characters myself.
Or three :angel:. Military (if I'm brave I'll go for a Captain :o), pilot, and civilian (the last for fun in the city). I could handle that! :crazy:

#9 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,734 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 07:54 PM

I was thinking about a pilot, science/medical, and civilian. I'm not Captain material, I prefer to follow and bounce ideas off the leaders ;)

#10 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 08:56 PM

Well, I might make a captain. I should be used to leading by now. :lol:
Rejected and gone.

#11 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 11:09 PM

One of the things I love most about RPing is creating characters...so here's some ideas I am thinking of while we see about the future of this game (which I hope has a future :wink:). I'm not going to post a lot after this about the characters so as not to clutter the thread, but I wanted to get something down here. I have no idea how I'll write for everyone, but I'll figure it out!! I want to have lots of places to play on the colony ship :D. And someone will be related, but I haven't decided who or how yet.

blonde3.jpg
Captain (don't have a name yet) of maybe the Excalibur :angel:, although I'll take whatever battleship is offered. She's probably in her early 40s, married to another military man...or maybe her husband was part of whoever was guarding the criminals on the EFS Alcatraz when it was seized, and she doesn't know what happened to him.

elf2a.jpg
My female pilot...she'll have a male AI. And a boyfriend (but I won't post his picture yet). She'll be independent, feisty, dedicated to the military.

Erikl.gif Erica's sister3a.jpg
Husband and wife, civilians. He can be the owner of a popular night club (rock and roll-ish) where maybe some of the pilots/military guys hang out; his wife runs or works at a large library by day but helps in the club by night.

Just some ideas to see where everything goes!!!

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 28 September 2011 - 11:10 PM.

#12 Brit

Brit

Born too Soon

• Islander
  • 3,107 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 04:15 PM

Looks interesting, time is also a problem for me but one character may be manageable if my internet connection returns to being reliable.
If I could remember any good quotes I would put one here!!!

#13 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 08:38 PM

Hey LoP I got a few questions.

Are relationships in the military between officers forbidden? Are there any alien or nonhuman crewmembers?

I'm thinking of playing as a:

Female Captain - Let me know what ship she can have. ;)

Male Scientist - I'd appreciate knowing what kind of scientific fields would be useful.

Female Scorpion pilot. Surprisingly enough, no questions about that.
Rejected and gone.

#14 Lover of Purple

Lover of Purple

Mustang Man

• Retired Board Owner
  • 11,215 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 08:48 PM

Good questions!

Romantic relationships are not forbidden, just discouraged. There are no aliens on any of our ships, especially since all of the aliens encountered so far have been behind humans at this time.

Well, all sciences would be important but some would not be used unless a possible planet for colonization is found. I imagine weapons technology (physics, chemistry and metallurgy) would be used often as would medical research. Also, astrophysics and astronomy I think wouold be important. Oh, and the new field of alien biology and botony.

Look to your PM for your ship. :)

LoP

#15 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,734 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 09:04 PM

Hm, well I'm interested in a civilian shopkeeper-clothing store/tailor, ala Garak (sort of). Selling clothing off the rack of his own designs and able to do custom clothing for those who want it. Yes, he'll be male. Prices reasonable.

A male scorpion pilot and the third I'm still thinking on.

#16 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 09:06 PM

Sweet, my scientist will be in the field of alien botany and biology then. :)
Rejected and gone.

#17 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 09:16 PM

Ooh, I'd better work on my characters tomorrow and get posting in the new game thread :D!!

#18 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,734 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 09:18 PM

Change of gender....Scorpion pilot is female.

Still working on the third

#19 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 11:49 PM

LoP, some food and drink questions...for in general and the night club...

Basically, what is the food situation? I know it's a huge colony (city-sized) ship but is there room for growing plants/raising animals? Do we get anything from the settled planets? Is food mostly created on board or is there any fresh? How about drinks for the club? Beer, liquor, or can I make up herb and flower based fermented drinks that are sort of future-based? It doesn't even have to be alcohol if, say, there shouldn't be any on the ships for whatever reasons.

I have some ideas of what I think it would be like, but don't want to make up anything that isn't what you envision :).

#20 Lover of Purple

Lover of Purple

Mustang Man

• Retired Board Owner
  • 11,215 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 03:58 AM

The Washington DC is like a huge city in space and has not only living decks but manufacturing, waste recycling and yes, even several processing areas that would produce, I'm sure, alcholic beverages. The ship has several levels besides being so huge. Also, I see several Agri-ships in the fleet as well set up for farming. Some ships would also be "livestock" ships as well as zoo ships since humans would try and save all the life from Earth they could.

Feel free to be creative regarding the drinks for the bar. Have fun with it I say. :)

Deep inside the Washington DC (as well as all other colony ships) is a DNA bank that holds DNA for most life from Earth for cloning as needed.

Nothing is provided by any of the colonies since they are still new enough that they can barely support themselves.

Also, we will steal Star Trek's system for making basic food from recycled materials that will help extend the fresh supplies.

LoP

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users