• This topic is locked This topic is locked
79 replies to this topic

#1 Lover of Purple

Lover of Purple

Mustang Man

• Retired Board Owner
  • 11,215 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 08:01 PM

This is just a thread for anyone to create their character(s) and play around on the Washington DC or her fleet. This link will send you to a description of this. Also, if you want to develop a Captain for one of the battlecruiser send me a PM so I can assign you a ship for that character.

My RPs are rated PG13 and open to anyone.

LoP

http://www.exisle.ne...ost__p__1396886

____________________________________________________________________________________________
In Character:

Fleet Commander Jerry Cray leaned back in the command chair and let his eyes wander around the massive command center of the Washington DC. He always felt most at home when on the command deck, especially since he had never learned how to deal with civilians. He didn't dislike them, he just had no idea how to relate to them. His quarters where even next to the command center and this sometimes made him seem aloof to some and almost god-like to others in the fleet. His crewmembers knew him to be fair, quick thinking and concerned about the civilians safety as well as being known as one of the best tacticians ever known.

He leaned back and scanned a report he had just been handed for a few minutes while he listened to the familiar and comforting background noise always present. Watching him a person would never know the weight he carried, the weight of being responsible for the safety of over half of the human race.

He looked up from the report and looked at the command center's large viewscreen just as a squadron of Scorpion fighters flew by on their way to patrol. Once the fleet exited warp Scorpions were always sent out on patrol as standard procedure. These fast, agile and lethal starfighters were the fleet's main security against possible threats and they always filled people with a feeling of security. So far after 14 years in space and twelve planets colonized no threat had been found to challenge the power of the Washington DC or it's fleet, not that the humans had looked for a fight with anyone but misunderstandings had happened. At least they had all been settled and humans had gained manmy friends.

Jerry glanced at the clock and realized his shift had ended several hours ago, now he knew why his second in command had been raising an eyebrow at him for an hour. He stood up, staightened his uniform before speaking.

"You have the bridge Number One."

"Aye sir, I have command."

____________________________________________________________________________________

Captain Steve Miller straightened his shirt as he looking in the mirror. "Looking good pilot." He said out loud. "I think I'll try out that club I've have heard so much about. What do you think Dutch?"

Dutch, Steve's cocker spaniel just wagged his tail in answer. Steve patted the dog on his head before leaving his quarters.

#2 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,741 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 03:26 PM

Shawntee flew her Scorpion out in formation with the rest of the squad that was just sent out on patrol. Lately there wasn't much to do except keep the others happy by patrolling as they hadn't run across any trouble in a long time, but still she kept an eye on her sensors anyway as they flew out. It didn't do any good to let someone sneak up on you because you became complacent, but once this patrol finished she intended to check out the new nightclub, and hopefully her partner-in-crime would also be willing to join her. She'd find out once they got back, the Captain frowned on using the communications for personal business. She and said partner turned to patrol their sector once the squad reached the edges of the fleet.

Darius closed up shop for the day and reached up to scratch Jonas, his pet cockatoo, on the head. The bird went everywhere with him and loved sitting on Darius' shoulder. He walked towards his quarters in the residential district, thinking about that order he had to get out for that snooty Mrs. Davenport. The lady just did not understand that there was only so much one could do to clothing to make them slimming, she would have to push back from the table a little more. He sighed as he walked through the building that housed his apartment. "She'll just have to be happy with what I've done, Jonas." He told the cockatoo, who dutifully listened, then bobbed his head and squawked.

#3 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 05:12 PM

Kristen Shepard almost idly flew her Scorpion in formation with Shawntee once the squadron reached the edges of the fleet and they spread out to patrol their sector. Though she was relaxed and not expecting trouble nevertheless she kept a sharp eye on her sensor readouts in case this was one of those times when there was trouble. Kristen was of two minds about trouble and action. On the one hand it was more entertaining than the usual patrol but too much of to handle was no fun at all. Right now most of her thoughts were focused on the patrol. She loved to pilot and was always focused when flying.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Adrian too was engrossed in his work in one of the laboratories aboard the Washington DC. Alien life forms in just about any form fascinated him and he was eager to study them. At the moment he was testing how certain species of Earth-based fruit and vegetables interacted with some alien bacteria found in soil. He was hoping to find a symbiosis combination that would be beneficial to the plants to better help them grow. And that's what Adrian was doing now, checking the infant plants in the contained lab to see if there had been any interaction yet.

#4 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 05:31 PM

Tall and broad shouldered, a good combination for a club owner, Dakota Cooper stood inside the entrance of Stargazer dressed in jeans, boots, and a short-sleeved button down shirt. His night club, recently refurbished and expanded, had been open for a few hours already tonight and already the place was filling up. Dakota liked to see this. The door bouncer checked ID's...21 and over only...and took the small entrance fee via debit card as each patron entered. Dakota greeted everyone with a friendly smile. Of the old Earth Native American descent he was olive skinned with long, black hair worn in a thick ponytail tonight.

Dakota glanced over his shoulder at the bar: a large open area with a dance floor and stage. Right now a local band was playing, later there'd be a DJ with music for everyone to dance to as well. To one side of the dance floor were two long bars, both serving the usual alcohol, and to the opposite side the tables were slowly filling up. The dark haired owner glanced up the huge spiral staircase to the second floor...another dance floor, pool tables, and multi-player computer games built into the wall with large screens. Beyond the doors on the second level was a mostly soundproofed room for dining casually and hanging out. Large screen monitors played movies from discs.

Watching his waitstaff, Dakota nodded. They worked hard, delivering food and drinks when the patrons didn't want to order and pick it up themselves from the kitchen window. Just then a familiar face...an officer from one of the battleships passed by. The two men shook hands firmly. They had a few words...the music was never deafening, just loud, so people could actually hear each other. The lights were subtle and muted, as Dakota hated the seizure induced strobe lighting that made his brain hurt.

Dakota Cooper and his bouncers made sure there was as little trouble at Stargazer as possible. He intended it to be a fun club to blow off steam and have a good time at. A lot of the military folks had taken to coming in as well.

"I'm going to make the rounds," Dakota told the door bouncer, who nodded his thick neck and bald head. Hopefully, Emma would stop by tonight after work. He knew his wife had extra work at the main library but she'd promised to not work too late.

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 02 October 2011 - 09:48 AM.

#5 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 06:00 PM

Lieutenant Sasha Cooper ran an experienced eye over the sensor arrays in front of her as she flew through the blackness of space. Her Scorpion fighter seemed to be performing perfectly as usual. She gazed at the multitude of lights from all the ships in the fleet, especially the main colony ship, the Washington DC. It was gorgeous out here in space, and Sasha was always thankful that this was her job. Her older brother worried about her, but she loved what she did.

“She's looking good, Sammy,” Sasha said with a grin as she kept in formation with her team. “You reprogrammed the mass detector, didn't you?”

“You betcha, baby,” the fighter's Alpha level AI responded, its voice playful and casual. "The gravitational locator was off slightly, and I can't have you running into objects in space."

Sasha tried not to laugh. “Sammy,” she warned as she doubled back along side the Excalibur battleship on her patrol route. “What have I told you about calling me 'baby'...it's not very professional. I don't know who taught you that anyway.”

“Yes, Lieutenant Cooper,” Sammy's voice came floating into the cockpit.

Sasha sighed. Her AI didn't sound very contrite. She reached up to adjust her helmet wishing her hair didn't get so hot up inside.

“Would you like me to play some music for you, Sasha?” Sammy inquired, not at all bothered by the scolding from his pilot of four years.

As she began her long run that would take her and her part of the squadron around their sector of space and the fleet again before heading back to the colony ship, Sasha smiled. Her favorite music played softly. It would automatically shut off if there was any danger outside or she was contacted by the team's leader. Sammy would see to it that she wouldn't miss a thing.

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 02 October 2011 - 09:48 AM.

#6 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,741 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 06:39 PM

Shawntee relaxed when they flew out to their assigned patrol routes and she smiled. "So, JoJo, what's shakin'?" She asked her shipboard AI.

"Nothing is shaking, Shawntee." The AI responded. "Everything is running smoothly. And my name is Joseph, why do you insist on calling me JoJo?"

Shawntee giggled a bit at her AI. He could be a little stuffy sometimes, but she'd had fun with that almost ever since she started flying this Scorpion. "Be-cause Joseph is too formal and Joe doesn't seem to fit." She answered, mock-patiently. "So just get used to it or I could just change it to something even more outrageous. Besides, you need to loosen up a bit."

"I believe you are loose enough for the both of us." The AI responded. "You fly me in ways that I am almost not designed to fly. Sometimes I think you have entirely too much fun in this cockpit."

"Well, if I can't have fun, I might as well not fly." She responded, amused. "Now, how about some good flying music, something peppy." She then went back to watching her instruments and flying her patrol while the sounds of peppy music with lyrics most would call stupid played in the background, but she loved peppy music when she was flying, as did Kris. The two of them shared so many similar likes that the rest of the squadron had dubbed them the Twins, claiming they had to have been separated at birth. It didn't matter that Kris was light-skinned and red-headed and she was dark-skinned and had black hair, they still swore the two of them were twins.

Darius entered his apartment and went straight to the bathroom, stripping off his clothes and tossing them into the hamper. He was kind of scruffy-looking, but he liked it and Jonas didn't seem to care. The bird just flew to the top of the shower curtain and waited for him to begin his shower, then joined him after he'd shampooed his hair and was almost done bathing so he could get his own shower. After Darius shut the water off, he put Jonas on the shower curtain again so the bird could fluff and preen while he blow-dried his short hair and just ran his fingers through it. He then dressed in snug black denims and a black button-down shirt, then put on socks and cowboy boots. He then went out with Jonas back in his traditional place on his shoulder and headed for the Stargazer to loosen up after a day of trying to please a person who just did not want to be pleased. He greeted the bouncer by the door when he arrived, paid his fee and walked inside. He then went over to the bar and ordered a beer, fully aware of the curious glances from the many patrons who didn't know him and were curious about the dark grey cockatoo on his shoulder. Jonas was used to such staring and he mostly ignored it, instead he squawked loudly and happily when he heard the music and started bobbing his head in time to it, as well as moved up and down on Darius' shoulder, spreading his wings and basically doing his version of dancing.

#7 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 09:19 AM

Although Emma Cooper worked at the main library on the Washington DC, there were several branches scattered around the 17-mile long ship on several of the decks, some within the 'city' center and others in the more residential areas. As many books and other library resources as possible had been saved from Earth...in every conceivable language. With every colony ship having a huge collection, there was a great deal of old Earth information that had been rescued. Of course, new information about present life in space, the aliens they'd met, and anything that would help the new planets survive was just as important. New books and resources were being published as well, although most were on disc of some sort.

As she now sat in the high-speed turbo shuttle heading back toward the center of the ship on the upper deck, Emma pulled down her long, red curls from the band that had been holding them in confinement. Dressed in her usual long flowing skirt and soft top, Emma wondered if she should stop by home first or continue on to Stargazer. A smile spread over her pale, freckled skin as she thought about her husband. Dakota was the best part of her life, she thought.

“Fairfield Park,” the automatic voice of the shuttle chimed over the comm. “Next stop, Fairfield Park.”

That was where Emma and Dakota lived in a large four unit structure, next to one of the parks. Emma needed as much nature as possible. Real sunshine and air would have been nice, too, but that wasn't to be on board a space ship. Sun-like light and purified air was what they had ever since the ships had left Earth.

Emma stood up and gathered her belongings. She would stop off at home first, walk the dog, pet the cat, then head into the city center and spend some time at the club. The slim, thirty-two year old followed the few passengers that were also disembarking and stepped onto the platform with trees and the park behind it.

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 02 October 2011 - 09:29 AM.

#8 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 09:28 AM

One of the main reasons Dakota had wanted to refurbish this particular building for Stargazer was the huge, reinforced dome at the top that showed the stars, space, and any Scorpions that happened to fly over. Hence the chosen name for the club. As he wound his way through the dancers on the dance floor, the huge, olive-skinned man spotted Darius at the bar. Actually he spotted that crazy bird of the tailor's, doing its bird dancing on his owner's shoulder.

Dakota laughed, a booming sound as he approached the other man from behind. He clapped a large hand with its turquoise and silver rings on the fingers on Darius' other shoulder. "Hey, good to see you again," Dakota said, his voice carrying over the noise. "How's it going? Customers still wanting the impossible?"

Emma loved Darius' clothes and had had several custom made skirts made at his shop, as well as buying his ready-made garments.

#9 Lover of Purple

Lover of Purple

Mustang Man

• Retired Board Owner
  • 11,215 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 11:36 AM

Captain Miller stood in line outside the Stargazer Club and looked at the long line ahead of him. "Maybe this was the wrong night to come here" he said to himself, drawing an odd look from the woman in front of him. He smiled politely and turned his eyes upward to in time to see the Scorpion patrol aquadron Red Beta fly over the dome. He found himself wishing it was his squadron, Blue Omega, on patrol. He always felt at his best flying the Scorpion starfighter. The woman next to him leaned a little closer and looked at him.

"You're a pilot aren't you?"

Steve nodded still watching the Scorpions fly out of sight. "Yes, Ma'm I am"

"I thought I recognized that expression when a starfighter flies over, I use to see it in my hisband's eyes."

Steve turned is attention to the woman. "Was it that obvious?"

"Yes, but I have never known a pilot that didn't have that look."

"Your husband is a pilot?"

"Was a pilot, he was killed in the mishap near Andromeda with the black hole."

"I am very sorry, who was your husband Ma'm?"

"My name is Carol. He was Major Sam Reed."

"I met him a few times in briefing, he was a good pilot."

A huge baldheaded man stepped from the building and turned to Steve. "Captain Miller! How the heck are you?"

Steve turned to the big man and grinned. "You old wardog, how the heck you been?"

"Pretty good since I left the military. Took a job as a bouncer here so I can still bust heads honestly, you know me."

Steve turned toward Carol, "This man was an army by himself but sould never get use to taking orders from men smaller than himself."

"Not true! I just couldn't take them from men dumber than me which is why I work here, the boss is very smart. Hey, you and your friend come with me, Captains and above don't have to stand in line."

Steve looked around and found no one protesting so he motioned Carol to go on in. "After you Ma'm."

#10 Brit

Brit

Born too Soon

• Islander
  • 3,107 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 01:12 PM

Dr Patrick Allen sneezed, sighed, then sneezed again.  "Physician heal thyself," he muttered.  Like most medics he was not a good patient and to be laid low by something as commonplace as a cold annoyed him greatly.  He knew he couldn't go to work spluttering and coughing over his patients some of whom were immunosupressed would not be a good idea.  Like the common cold and despite all the latest advances in medicine some cancers still affected the population of the big ship that they lived on.  Fortunately most of them had a very good cure rate.  No one had yet cracked the cure for the cold though.  Patrick took another long drink of his lemon and honey flavoured drink.  He had the ideal opportunity to catch up on his reading but his head felt hot and achey and he couldn't motivate himself.  Rather childishly he found himself counting the minutes until his wife Anya was off shift.  A little tlc would go a long way to making him feel better.

Corven stood at the bar in the Stargazer club.  He was fascinated by the antics of the grey bird and after watching his squadron fly over without him he had concentrated on the cockatoo's antics.  Maybe he should get a pet, trouble was he didn't have a great deal of spare time.  If he wasn't flying he was training or playing hockey.  He was temporarily grounded while a broken wrist mended.  Corven had insisted that he was fit to fly but the stern gaze of his doctor had told him that there was no hope of that.  Corven laughed as the grey bird dipped and swayed from side to side.

When the big dark skinned club owner appeared Corven moved politely out of his way.  

#11 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,741 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 02:45 PM

Darius heard the booming laugh just before he felt the heavy hand of the club's owner slapping his shoulder and he grinned at the big Native American. "Good to see you too, Dakota." He said, taking a sip of his beer. "It's going good, but don't get me started on Mrs. Davenport or Jonas' dancing will likely get cut short when you throw me back out." He teased, reaching up to let the big cockatoo step out onto his forearm so he could continue to dance without beating Darius on the head with his wings. He'd acquired him as a young bird who needed to be fostered from one of the zoos when he got injured and when the bird bonded with him during its recovery Darius didn't have the heart to send him back and had talked the zoo into letting him adopt the bird. That was one thing he'd always liked, helping the zoos on occasion when one of their birds or smaller animals needed extra care for one reason or other. "So, what about you? Where is that pretty wife of yours anyway?" He smiled when Jonas glanced at  Dakota and squawked a 'hello' at him before resuming his dancing.

Shawntee smiled as she and Kris flew their fighters over the Washington in their patrol, and she looked down on the dome of the Stargazer. She was definitely up for some partying later on and she hummed along with the next song as they almost buzzed the dome before turning to patrol around the other ships.

"You sound happy." Joseph said to her as they patrolled.

"Oh yeah, I'm gonna get Kris to go to the Stargazer after this patrol." She told the AI. "I have a new outfit I want to try out."

"Is it at least decent?" He asked. Though he knew if it was for partying it likely wasn't. If it was one thing he knew it was that she exposed as much skin as legally possible sometimes, and he was glad she at least had to wear a flight suit when she was flying, otherwise the male pilots would be too distracted to fly properly.

"It covers everything." Shawntee said on a chuckle. "It's a new minidress that Darius made for me." She then decided that it couldn't hurt to ask Kris if she would be joining her later. "Hey Kris." She said over the comm. "You want to join me at Stargazer after patrol?"

#12 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 05:57 PM

“Red Beta Squadron, Cooper, checking in, Sir,” Sasha said over the comm to their squadron leader.

She tapped the sensor array that would transmit Sammy's data of her patrol so far to the main computers and AI of the Washington's bridge to be logged in the records. So far nothing abnormal to report. All the ships of the Washington's fleet were secure and free from threat. She could see the other colony ships' squadrons also flying their own patrol. The Scorpion fighters were deadly weapons that the humans had at their control.

Sasha checked the location of the other Red Beta fighters. She smiled when she saw the markers for Shawntee and Kris near each other, then saw them nearly buzz the dome over Stargazer. Twins, for sure, Sasha thought.

“We're being called back in, baby...erm, Lieutenant,” Sammy informed his pilot. “Some of the squad's shift is over for the night. ”

“Well, hot damn!” Sasha whooped, too excited to even be annoyed at Sammy's obvious impudence. But she loved him anyway. “Let's head back then.”

Sasha did a spiral then banked left above the zoo ship. She kept track of her readings as she flew back toward the top hangar deck of the Washington DC. As they approached the forcefield protected entrance, Sasha let Sammy take over the slow entry, although she kept an eye on the approach.

As the spacefighter slowed then came to a stop to hover over her docking space, Sasha pulled off her helmet. Her long hair fell down in a curtain of black around her shoulders. The cockpit shield raised itself...or rather Sammy raised it for her...and Sasha stood up. Several maintenance crew members were there to roll the fighter's ladder over. The two other team members who'd been recalled with Sasha also began to disembark.

“I'll talk to you later on, huh, Sammy?” Sasha said fondly as she stepped out and began to climb down.

Her AI's voice came over her wrist comm and from the cockpit. “You got it, sweetness. Have fun on call.”

Sasha sighed. Her AI did that just to annoy her, she knew it. Sasha unzipped her flight suit and pulled it partway down to cool off. Her black tank top let the cool air of the hangar brush over her olive hued skin. If she didn't have to take her boots off, she'd strip to her black shorts, too. Sasha headed for the changing room and showers.

Sasha's AI sent in a request to the main computer system to have Sasha's flight gear examined. A pilot shouldn't be getting hot in the temperature controlled suit, especially in the cockpit of the fighter.

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 03 October 2011 - 09:17 PM.

#13 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 06:09 PM

Kristen grinned as she and Shawntee almost buzzed the dome over the stargazer in perfect formation. Okay so they did occasionally do small things during their patrol to amuse themselves. Fortunately both she and her 'twin' were excellent pilots and their occasional amusements never resulted in an accident. "Was that enough adrenaline for you?" Her AI, Avuna asked with a touch of amusement in her voice. Kristen was a self-confessed adrenaline junkie at times and her AI knew it. "For the moment." She replied. Avuna and Kris were well matched as pilot and AI with similar temperaments although Avuna was a bit milder than Kristen. Just then Shawntee called her over the comm. Without taking her eyes off the sensor readouts for a moment she replied. "Sure, sounds good to me." She then considered what dress she'd have to wear now. She seldom wore dresses but it was nice to get out of military attire every so often.

#14 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,741 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 08:18 PM

"Sweet." Shawntee said when Kris agreed to meet her at the Stargazer. She had her dress and other stuff in her locker, all she had to do was shower and change and make-up. When the call came in for her and Kris to also head back she whooped with glee and sent all her data from the patrol to the central computer for processing and then followed Sasha to the hangar deck, waiting her turn to be pulled in.for docking.

"Well, I hope you didn't scare anyone at Stargazers." Joseph said mildly, after she finished whooping. He understood her need to occasionally ramp up things while on patrol if things got boring and neither she nor Kristen ever had an accident.

"Nah, they're probably too busy dancing." Shawntee said, stepping out onto the ladder and removing her helmet, letting her long, black hair fall to her hips. She sauntered out to the showers, grabbing her stuff and unzipping her flight suit on the way, totally ignoring the stares and whistles she got when she shrugged it off and let it fall to her waist, showing off her tank top. She dropped her stuff on the bench and grabbed a quick shower, then wrapped her wet hair into a towel and another around herself, then applied a light coating of makeup, eye shadow, blush and lipstick before dropping the towel off her head and blowing her hair dry. She then proceeded to pull on the slinky black/gold minidress that the tailor, Darius Winthrop, had just finished making for her. She then stepped into black, high-heeled sandals, slipped a big black bangle on her wrist, matching earrings in her ears and tapped her way out to the taxi shuttle stand where she caught a taxi shuttle and took it to Stargazer. There she decided to wait outside for Kris to show up so they could go inside together.

OOC: This is what her dress looks like ;)

#15 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 10:04 PM

It was with a touch of regret that Kristen landed her Scorpion in the Hangar after sending all her patrol data to the central processing computer. She passed the side of the cockpit affectionately as she removed her helmet. "See you next patrol Avuna." And with that she vaulted out of the craft and headed for the showers. On the way she untied her hair so that it fell naturally to shoulder length. Then she returned to her quarters and changed into a navy blue dress that came to just above her knees. It wasn't too low-cut at the front but it still gave quite a good view. Kristen chose comfortable shoes with a low heel and skipped earrings altogether as her ears weren't pierced. She quickly brushed, dried and styled her hair so that the natural waves in her hair showed. Finally she applied a minimal amount of makeup. Satisfied with her appearance Kristen then took a taxi to the Stargazer. When she arrived Shawntee was already waiting for her. "All right." She said with a slightly mischevious smile. "Let's go have some fun."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Adrian had already finished work after some disappointing results with the introduction of alien bacteria in the soil to some Earth plants and vegetables. The bacterial had been lethal for most of the plants although there was a strain of potato plants that were stubbornly holding on. He'd gone home, showered and changed into neat black trousers and a cream coloured shirt with smart black shoes. To counter the disappointment of the failed symbiosis he had decided that he would go to the Stargazer for a few quiet drinks. And that's where he was now. Adrian had arrived a few minutes ago and was at the bar ordering a cider.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Claire Aeducan sat in the captain's chair of the Lexington, keeping an ear out for the occasional report given to her by various members of the bridge crew. It had been another quiet day of travel and she preferred it that way. Everything aboard the military battle cruiser that she commanded was running just fine so she was fairly relaxed. Her shift still had some time to go yet but occasionally she let her mind stray to thinking about what she would do when her shift was over. Spending time with her husband and daughter was always a joy. Martin always cooked her the best and tastiest food and usually had it ready and waiting when she got home and she really appreciated the effort he made. Claire's thoughts were distracted from her thoughts of dinner when one of the bridge crew gave her another routine report on the Scorpion patrols around the fleet.

#16 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 05:30 AM

"So, what about you? Where is that pretty wife of yours anyway?"

Dakota smiled at Jonas's hello, nodding his head respectfully in return. Then he turned back to Darius. "She's fine, thank you. Working hard, as usual. She might stop in tonight, so I'm sure she'll find you if you're here," he said over the music. Turning to the bartender, Dakota motioned toward the tailor. "Next one's on the house for him." Then back to Darius, Dakota grinned. "Well, you enjoy yourself, let me know if you need anything. I oughta keep making the rounds."

Clapping a hand on Darius' shoulder, Dakota rose from the bar stool. He'd seen the front door bouncer, Jake, escort a man and woman in personally, which wasn't unusual, and the bouncer gesturing to him to come over. The man appeared military, which pleased Dakota. He liked having the pilots and other ranks come in here. It meant he was running a safe place where the military would show their presence. Speaking of which, he wondered if Sasha would get off patrol early enough to stop by as well. Although he wanted his little sister to get her rest, he knew she enjoyed hanging out here, as did Kris and Shawntee, after a patrol.

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 03 October 2011 - 06:53 AM.

#17 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,741 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 05:55 AM

Shawntee grinned back at Kris just as mischievously when her other half showed up and declared it was time to  have some fun. "Let's do it." She said, sauntering up to the door guard and grinning saucily before paying for them both. She then sauntered inside, swaying her hips to the music and looking around. She saw Darius at the bar with his crazy cockatoo doing its little dance on his arm and Dakota just leaving him, so she sashayed over to him, grinning widely when he noticed her in her new dress. "Darius!" She said loud enough for him to hear. "How you like your newest creation?" She did a little model turn in front of him, hearing Jonas' unmistakeable wolf-whistle as she did so. "That just may earn you a dance, my crazy bird-friend." She said to the dancing cockatoo.

Darius wished Dakota well and thanked him for the free drink, then he grinned when he saw Shawntee sashaying through the crowd sporting his newest creation in the black/gold she'd ordered. Her heels brought her up to his six-foot height and he shook his head in amusement when she did  her model turn and Jonas whistled at her. The bird was always around when he was creating and had picked up a habit of whistling at pretty ladies, something which, on occasion, had earned him a dirty look in return but he didn't mind too much. "You look smashing as always, Shawntee." He told her, glancing at the gorgeous redhead who was accompanying her, obviously military as well. "And who's your lovely friend?" He asked, turning his smile onto her. Amazon would describe her perfectly, she had more muscular definition and she was nearly as tall as he was even though she wasn't wearing four inch heels like Shawntee was and she wore  no makeup, but she didn't need to, not with those gorgeous blue eyes. Neither did Sasha, but she never painted it on, just put on enough to enhance her already gorgeous features. He found himself intrigued by Kristen, her dress covered a bit more skin than Shawntee's did, but at the same time showed every lovely curve. He knew he was staring, but he couldn't help himself.

"Oh, this is Kris, uh, Kristen Shepard, Darius Winthrop. He made my dress. And the saucy bird is Jonas." Shawntee said, introducing her friend. "We met when we both were training on Scorpions and now we're partners-in-crime. If you were looking up, that was us buzzing the dome." She noticed how Darius was staring at Kris and she smiled, then looked around and noticed a rather understated, intelligent-looking guy at the bar. There was something about him, despite the nerdy appearance and she glanced at Jonas and Kris. "Um, I'm gonna get me something to drink." She said, then edged away from where Darius was standing at the bar and then sashayed over to the nerd in the black trousers, glanced over at the bartender and ordered a margarita before turning back to the nerd. "Hi, I'm Shawntee." She said, smiling at him while she waited for her drink. "You kinda look like you lost something." She said.

Darius glanced over at Shawntee when she edged away towards some guy at the bar, then he turned back to Kristen." Nice to meet you." Then he grinned again when Jonas whistled at her too. "Don't mind Jonas, he's a party animal and whistles at all the pretty girls." He put the bird back on his shoulder then glanced at Kristen again. "Can I get you something to drink? Dakota just gave me a free round, you can have it if you want." He smiled when Jonas squawked a 'hello' at her too before resuming bobbing up and down on his shoulder to the music, but kept his wings folded.

#18 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 06:54 AM

"Hey, boss," Jake said to Dakota. "I want you to meet Captain Steve Miller. He's with the Blue Omega Scorpion squadron. I think this is his first time here...he was waitin' in line." The baldheaded ex-military man laughed.

"And did you tell him Captains and above don't wait in line?" Dakota said, the grin making his high cheekbones even higher.

"This here lady was with him, although, I'm sorry Ma'am but I didn't catch your name. This here is the owner Dakota Cooper...now if you all will excuse me." Jake nodded his head at his boss, then hurried back to his post.

Dakota turned to shake the Captain's hand. "Welcome to Stargazer, Captain Miller, Ma'am. I'm glad you could stop by."

#19 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 04:40 PM

Kristen walked over to Darius with Shawntee as her best friend showed off the dressed he'd tailored for her. Despite the fact he had a cockatoo with him, the bird wasn't the focus of her attention. He was. And he was definately her type and while he stared openly at her she gave him a more subtle admiring look. She grinned when Jonas whistled at her and inclined her head in response. "Nice too meet you too." She said to Darius and nodded when he offered her a drink. "Beer please." She idly leant against the bar and regarded him. "So you're the one who made Shawntee's dress?" Kristen chuckled. "She definately seems to like it."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Adrian at first wasn't quite sure if the stunningly beautiful woman who introduced herself as Shawntee was actually addressing him as he sat quietly at the bar sipping his cider. His mind went unusually blank of thoughts for a few moments as his gaze lingered upon her before he managed to speak. "Um, hi I'm Adrian." He introduced himself. "And I haven't as much lost something as had a disappointing day at work." He explained without going into much detail. Sometimes Adrian had a habit of talking endlessly about his research and the last thing he wanted to do was bore Shawntee to death.

#20 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,741 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 08:38 PM

Darius handed Kristen her beer and nodded when she asked about Shawntee's dress. "She gave me an idea of what she wanted and I did the rest." He said. "It's what I do. If customers aren't satisfied then I could go out of business. Not quite as dangerous or death-defying as being a Scorpion pilot, but it pays the bills." He glanced briefly at Jonas when he flew off his shoulder and watched as he perched on a statue to continue dancing, then turned his attention back to Kristen. He'd never met anyone like her and he was definitely impressed.

"Adrian. Nice name." Shawntee said, smiling at him. "What kind of work do you do?" She would bet it was something intelligent, like working with computers or science, he looked like a scientist. It didn't really matter, she just liked the way he was looking at her, as if he couldn't quite believe she was talking to him, but she liked men who didn't wear their brains below their belt, they made better conversationalists.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users