Occupy Wall Street OWS 2011

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Hambil

Hambil
  • Islander
  • 5,492 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 04:43 PM

Yes, they are trying to destroy jobs, Mr. Bloomberg. Namely yours, and your lobbiest and your corporate ass kissing.

While I agree this needs to be a peaceful, legal movement as much as humanly possible, I can promises you one thing - out of touch morons like this are why this movement is happening. Best thing they can do is not open their mouths and identify themselves. Because Mr. Bloomberg, you're career just died. You are now un-electable.

And you know what, the protestors wouldn't be placing such a burden on local wallstreet business if YOU, Mr. Bloomberg, supported them, maybe a few portable outhouses, etc...? Instead of trying to thwart them at every step.

Edited by Hambil, 08 October 2011 - 04:46 PM.

#2 Palisades

Palisades

Northern Lights

• Islander
  • 7,753 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 06:32 PM

I don't know about "unelectable." Bloomberg's a popular incumbent (at least AFAIK he's popular). Also, how are the Occupy protests playing in New York City and America as a whole? Do people view the protests favorably, or do they see a bunch of ragtag, poorly dressed hippie types whining because they don't have jobs? (I'm not saying that's an accurate description of the protestors, but it's how people might see them.)

Edited by Palisades, 08 October 2011 - 06:34 PM.

"When the Fed is the bartender everybody drinks until they fall down." —Paul McCulley

"In truth, 'too big to fail' is not the worst thing we should fear – our financial institutions are now on their way to becoming 'too big to save'." —Simon Johnson

FKA:
TWP / An Affirming Flame / Solar Wind / Palisade

#3 Hambil

Hambil
  • Islander
  • 5,492 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 06:40 PM

The right sees them that way, of course. Toss communist in a few times, too. However, they are getting a lot of serious support from unions, the president, and a lot of different mayors. Public opinion, largely due to the non-violent nature of the protesters, has been mostly favorable. Many are comparing it to the start of the tea-party, but, I really don't think it's that kind of movement. We shall see.

#4 Cheile

Cheile

proud J/Cer ~ ten years and counting

• Islander
  • 10,776 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 07:05 PM

and how much you wanna bet Mr. Mayor got his own special payout?  :rolleyes:

cry more STFU and sit down, Bloomberg.

Posted Image

"Andromeda may be over but it's not dead. Not as long as we have fanfic writers dedicated to keeping it alive.  Whether you accept everything as canon or stop at a certain point. Whether you accept and enjoy Nu Drom or only accept Classic Drom, it will never be over.  Not as long as we have each other [and Beka], who binds us all together." ~ Mary Rose

Twitter * Facebook * ExIsle at Facebook

icon by mercscilla @ LJ

#5 NeuralClone

NeuralClone
  • Islander
  • 23,092 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 10:29 AM

I don't know if I necessarily agree with Bloomberg (he does raise some good points though), but I can safely say that the Occupy protestors (as a whole) don't really have a good understanding of what kind of effects their proposals will have on the economy. Like, at all.

Edited by NeuralClone, 11 October 2011 - 10:29 AM.

"My sexuality's not the most interesting thing about me."
— Cosima Niehaus, Orphan Black, "Governed By Sound Reason and True Religion"

#6 Hambil

Hambil
  • Islander
  • 5,492 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:14 AM

For most of them, it can't get much worse anyway. Seattle just dumped hundreds of homeless onto the streets by closing shelters due to budget cuts yesterday. They are currently camping out in front of the Gates Foundation.

Edited by Hambil, 11 October 2011 - 11:16 AM.

#7 Hambil

Hambil
  • Islander
  • 5,492 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:22 AM

Besides, I don't think we intend to start a political party (but who knows) I think what we are asking for is accountability and reciprocity. Especially from the Banks, and the people who took our money and screwed us and not one was ever arrested. We want government to do it's job, and we want very serious and harsh campaign finance reform.

Now explain to me how that destroys our economy?

Edited by Hambil, 11 October 2011 - 11:23 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Occupy Wall Street, OWS, 2011

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users