• Please log in to reply
388 replies to this topic

#21 Balderdash

Balderdash
  • Islander
  • 5,681 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 01:25 PM

View PostNittany Lioness, on 20 October 2011 - 12:19 PM, said:

Bwahaha.  You completely missed the hypocrisy being pointed out regarding protestors supporting the idea of forced violence to redistribute wealth.  READ it.

:lol:

And hey - maybe you find defecating in the streets, and living amongst filth hunky dory - I think they're intentionally trashing cities. Tea partiers left assembled places cleaner than they found them.  And didn't assault people, didn't expose themselves, and didn't call for violence, and call to keep rapes under wraps.

And here you are just making stuff up!  "Tea partiers left assembled places cleaner than they found them."  b*llsh*t!  Are you kidding me?  :sarcasm:   You've got nothing for me to see or believe.

Another Democrat leaning Independent that has to search for truth because it can't be found on Fox News OR MSNBC.

"Being gay is not a Western invention, it is a human reality"  by HRC

#22 Tricia

Tricia

To err on the side of kindness is seldom an error.

• Islander
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 02:20 PM

View Postpsycaz, on 20 October 2011 - 01:19 PM, said:

When those that refer to themselves as security for the whole do something, that is reflective of the whole.

Want to say that it's not reflective of all the Occupy sites, fine. Want to say it's not reflective of that particular cities site, I'll disagree with that.

As pertains to the issue of that 'memo' and its approval...yes, that reflects upon that particular city.

I re-read the article in the OP and this did bother me--

The memo was approved by the security committee and put before the general assembly. No vote was taken, but Lewis said it was essentially approved for distribution when no objections were raised.

as to the bolded--just because no objections were made does not mean the General Assembly approved it. Usually when things are put to a vote then there is a period where people discuss and objections if any are made.  No vote, no discussion because people likely thought they'd have time later or did not understand it/had not read it yet. (just guessing on that)

Not the way things are done in other cities that I know of.

Don't get me wrong....I do have an issue with rapes not being reported to the police and supposedly only handled by the Security Committee.  

Not thrilled with  the rest...the 'filth and violence'... being presented as if it were the whole story. That is not representative of the whole movement or the people involved, only some.

Edited by Tricia, 20 October 2011 - 03:46 PM.

In true dialogue, both sides are willing to change. --Thich Nhat Hanh

You don't need to attend every argument you are invited to

Do not ask that your kids live up to your expectations.  Let your kids be who they are, and your expectations will be in breathless pursuit.

#23 Nittany Lioness

Nittany Lioness

Craving a little perspective.

• Islander
  • 3,531 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:53 AM

http://m.nypost.com/...HMOuuvkyb4kIU3J

Zuccotti neighbors: Stop dumping on us
Livid lower Manhattan residents went off on Zuccotti Park protesters at a heated Community Board 1 meeting last night and blasted politicians for not controlling the chaos.
"They're defecating on our doorsteps," fumed board member Catherine Hughes, a stay-at-home mom who lives one block from the protest. "The cowbells start at 4 a.m. and the drumming goes past 10 a.m. A lot of people are very frustrated. A lot of people are concerned about the safety of our kids."

Fed-up homeowners said they've been insulted and harassed as they trek to their jobs each morning. "The protesters taunt people who are on their way to work," said James Fernandez, 51.  The meeting, packed with more than 200 people, spilled out onto the street, where Zuccotti sympathizers began sparring with their critics.  Board member Paul Cantor said sleepless residents can't take the incessant racket. "If people can't sleep ... then that's a problem," he said.
Despite the complaints, the board unanimously voted for a resolution supporting the protesters' right to stay in the park but called for a crackdown on noise, public urination and defecation, and disruptive barricades.

Assholes.  Literally.

Here's another gem:  http://m.nypost.com/...OjE39dfRDdUZ1sM

Tricia writes:
"If one focuses on finding the bad things because they do not like what the people are saying..."

Not me.  I hadn't commented on OWS at the start, and even now have expressed that one of the original complaints I find legitimate.  But at this point, you see, the manner of the protesting and the uglier messages cannot be ignored- it's too pervasive to be dismissed anymore.

More:
Oakland orders protesters to leave bc of sanitation prob, rats, graffiti & growing # of violence, assaults, & threats

Edited by Nittany Lioness, 21 October 2011 - 11:35 AM.

Obama 2008: Yes We Can!

Obama 2012: No You Didn't.

Posted Image

#24 Tricia

Tricia

• Islander
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 11:39 AM

^^^That link about the mother leaving her family (2nd one) is about a selfish person , not the movement. That's about one individual.  Even she even says her own mother tells her that she is being selfish. :rolleyes: Mama got that right.

In that first link it sounds  like they have a bunch of folks in that area who are not courteous or considerate.  Locally (Houston), it was agreed early on about hours for music to be played and port-a-potties brought in.  Obviously rude people or not as organized as they should be.

Always bad apples in every bunch.

The remark you quoted was not about you, Nittany....people in general look for the negative.  The media sure does.  I guess the amount of press is going to be about the bad things and how much of that depends on each city's group...not much if any of that in my area.  

We are not going to agree on this.  No biggie :shrugs:  Can't always agree on everything 'cause that would be just plain boring.

Edited by Tricia, 21 October 2011 - 11:49 AM.

Do not ask that your kids live up to your expectations.  Let your kids be who they are, and your expectations will be in breathless pursuit.

#25 Hambil

Hambil
  • Islander
  • 5,492 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 12:35 PM

Besides, I fundamentally disagree with the op. We are not hard to ignore at all. That's why we have to gather in such large numbers and do all this sh*t.

#26 Nittany Lioness

Nittany Lioness

• Islander
  • 3,531 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 01:15 PM

http://nymag.com/dai...tter_DailyIntel

“They’re imposing a structure on the natural flow of music," said Seth Harper, an 18-year-old from Georgia. “The GA decided to do it ... they suppressed people’s opinions. I wanted to do introduce a different proposal, but a big black organizer chick with an Afro said I couldn’t.”

Those racist Tea Partiers.
:bored:
I fear for Napoleon and Old Major.

Posted Image

#27 Captain Jack

Captain Jack

Where's the rum?

• Islander
  • 14,900 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 03:49 AM

Forget it, Nittany.  An entire mountain full of evidence can fall here and 99 percent won't listen.

Tea Party = evil crazies

Occupy = poor innocent victims just trying to be heard

That's how it rolls here on OT. :sarcasm:
Posted Image
689 Reasons to Defeat Barack Obama in 2012:

https://www.national...at-barack-obama

#28 D'Monix

D'Monix

Wearin My Shades and Seein The Truth

• Islander
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 05:58 AM

View PostCaptain Jack, on 22 October 2011 - 03:49 AM, said:

Tea Party = evil crazies

You called? :devil:
“President Obama is the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people,”  -Clint Eastwood

Evil Tea Party Member #667
Evil Republican

#29 Tricia

Tricia

• Islander
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 08:17 AM

View PostCaptain Jack, on 22 October 2011 - 03:49 AM, said:

Forget it, Nittany.  An entire mountain full of evidence can fall here and 99 percent won't listen.

Tea Party = evil crazies

Occupy = poor innocent victims just trying to be heard

That's how it rolls here on OT. :sarcasm:

And some of us realize that any movement is made up of a LOT of individuals...not just one sort or type.  Not just all good  guys or bad guys.  Good ideas and wacky ideas all mixed up in one bunch.  That's what happens when you get a large group of people together  :rolleyes:   And the media loves to tell the story of the bad things and the crazy ideas on any story because that's what sells.  

Never buy the story the media is trying to tell as the Whole Story....because it is not.

I don't think that about Tea Party members....because I know quite a few and like them.  Same with the Occupy movement.

Now I am leaving this be.  Agree to disagree.

Edited by Tricia, 22 October 2011 - 03:44 PM.

#30 Nittany Lioness

Nittany Lioness

• Islander
  • 3,531 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 12:34 PM

Sexual Assault Of 14 yr old girl passed around:  http://dfw.cbslocal....-occupy-dallas/

Tear gas and riot gear:  http://www.mercuryne...rce=most_viewed

Movement record continuing to add up: mass arrests, sexual assaults, theft, public disturbance, anti-Semitism, pulling enforcement from other areas with increased crime, public defecation and sex acts, seas of garbage ...

Edited by Nittany Lioness, 25 October 2011 - 12:49 PM.

Posted Image

#31 Nittany Lioness

Nittany Lioness

• Islander
  • 3,531 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 03:04 PM

Herion dealers living wtih 6 yr. old in a tent:  http://patdollard.co...oston-arrested/

Posted Image

#32 Nittany Lioness

Nittany Lioness

• Islander
  • 3,531 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 07:41 PM

http://blog.heritage...rce=twitterfeed

The liberal perspective on the “Occupy” movement is really something spectacular. Before the movement had really even announced a position or set of “demands,” progressives were pushing each other out of the way to embrace it. When they did finally come up with a set of ideals, which mostly involve eliminating their personally accrued debt, President Obama practically made it his new national agenda, branded “We Can’t Wait.”

Now you have Hollywood “celebrities” like mega-millionaires Russell Simmons, Katy Perry and Russell Brand hopping by for a photo-op with the anti-capitalist crowds. Brand said they “colonized the international agenda,” whatever that means. Restauranteurs are delivering them food (but keeping their profits); unions like the AFL-CIO are providing them places to bathe (but inspiring the organizing of their drum circles) and former Obama appointee Elizabeth Warren is crediting herself as the “intellectual foundation“ of the movement.

All of this isn’t because of some shared set of principles or intellectual foundation but because of a shared desire for enthusiasm. The Tea Party swept the nation last year based on a simple set of principles: Less Debt, Less Spending, and Less Government will lead to More Jobs and Economic Growth. The enthusiasm for more government, more taxes and more spending just wasn’t the same.

The Tea Party was a movement that was so peaceful, so respectful of public and private property, so familial and so powerful that leftists had to spend weeks agonizing over unrelated Lyndon LaRouche posters or in some cases, inventing incidents of racism or name-calling to attempt to smear it.

So we know how President Obama and his liberal base hysterically responded to the reality of Tea Party. The question is this: how would they have responded to the following 25 headlines?

Pair Living With Tea Party Protesters Arrested For Selling Heroin

Tea Party Protester Defecates on Police Car

More than 700 Arrested After Tea Party Blocks Traffic on Brooklyn Bridge

Police In Riot Gear Clear Tea Party Protesters in California City

130 Tea Party Arrests in Chicago

Police Investigating Possible Sexual Assault of Teen at Tea Party

Tea Party Discourages Sexual Assault Victims From Contacting Police

Tea Party Protests Go Global; Riots in Rome

Muppet-Wielding Tea Partiers Occupy George Soros’ Speech

Florida Mom Abandons Family for Tea Party

Police Worry as Tea Party Pines for World Series Spotlight

Tea Partiers ‘Defecating on Our Doorsteps,’ NYC Residents Complain

Riot Police Arrest Tea Party Protesters

Tea Party Occupies GE CEO Jeff Immelt’s Connecticut Front Lawn

Tea Party Targets Phil Griffin’s House

Tea Party Takes On NYPD at Times Sq.; Then March to Washington Sq.: 74 Total Arrests

Repairing Tea Party Damage to City Hall Could Cost $400,000

Tea Party Killing Tax-Funded Grass at McPherson Square

Cincinnati Police Arrest More Than 20 Tea Partiers at Piatt Park

Tea Party Speaker: Violence Will Be Necessary to Achieve Our Goals

NYers to Tea Party: Lay Off the Drums

Tea Party Protesters Sing “F*** the USA”

98 Degrees Singer Among Tea Party Arrests

Protesters Accused of Hurting NYC Economy

Tea Party Gets ‘Getting Arrested’ App

And we could go on…

The First Amendment absolutely gives “occupiers” the ability to “peaceably” assemble and protest against capitalism, free enterprise and economic freedom, but it does not entitle them to lawlessness, disrespect for private property or violent anarchy.

President Obama and the Democrat party had control of the White House, Senate and House of Representatives for two years. Liberals controlled Congress for four. It’s hard to have grassroots angst work in your favor when you were largely in control of Washington for such a long and economically devastating period.

So we can understand why liberals want the Occupy movement to work out for them. However with over 2,400 arrests in roughly six weeks, you have to think they’ll soon be having some buyer’s remorse.

Posted Image

#33 Nittany Lioness

Nittany Lioness

• Islander
  • 3,531 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:33 AM

Full Blown Riot Overnight
Posted Image

Nuthin' but sound fiscal policy presented in a reasonably assembled protest.  A-yep.  :yucky:

Posted Image

#34 Balderdash

Balderdash
  • Islander
  • 5,681 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 09:55 AM

View PostNittany Lioness, on 26 October 2011 - 08:33 AM, said:

Full Blown Riot Overnight
Posted Image

Nuthin' but sound fiscal policy presented in a reasonably assembled protest.  A-yep.  :yucky:

So what!?  It's a freakin' protest and sometimes clashes happen.  What you and the right are trying
to do is define how protests should be and nope it's not going to work.  It's working though and that's
why the bs and half truths are pouring from the right.  You might have missed my thread about what's
really going on, here: http://www.exisle.ne...21#entry1400521

Another Democrat leaning Independent that has to search for truth because it can't be found on Fox News OR MSNBC.

#35 M.E.

M.E.
  • Islander
  • 7,633 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 10:25 AM

There are bad apples on both sides.  But, as far as I am concerned, this guy should know better.

#36 Nittany Lioness

Nittany Lioness

• Islander
  • 3,531 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 12:15 PM

And from rape to the ridiculous:

Posted Image

#37 Balderdash

Balderdash
  • Islander
  • 5,681 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 12:31 PM

View PostNittany Lioness, on 26 October 2011 - 12:15 PM, said:

And from rape to the ridiculous:

:howling:

OMFG!  You're kidding right?   :crazy:  Luckily I wouldn't stoop to posting any youtubes
of wackaloon Tea Party persons.  Actually, now that I think of it, I'm just going to report
this bit of bait.

#38 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 12:34 PM

I don't know where you get your news (FOX, maybe?), but this is right-wing propaganda, not information.

In other words, it's a load of bollocks.

You want to know what's REALLY going on? Okay, I'll tell you:

http://thinkprogress...-with-tear-gas/

http://occupylove.org/

Want more? I've got TONS more. This is what's really happening. Not the disinformation and propaganda you're passing along.

By the way, in the article you cited, it says, "City police have reported no arrests of protesters, or any crime involving members of the group". So much for "clashing with police and the gainfully employed".

Also by the way, most of the protesters ARE employed. Most are professional people. It's only lying douchebags like Bill O'Reilly who are claiming that they're an unemployed rabble.
Capitalism is a pyramid scheme run by the 1%.

#39 Hambil

Hambil
  • Islander
  • 5,492 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 12:39 PM

I'll add this picture of the veteran from Vet's for Peace injured (shot in the head buy police with a rubber bullet).
Posted Image

#40 Hambil

Hambil
  • Islander
  • 5,492 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 12:42 PM

I'm sure this woman in a wheelchair needed to be gassed, too...

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Occupy Wall Street, OWS, 2011

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users