Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

Small Quakes In San Francisco-Lil, Check In

Natural disasters Earthquake San Francisco 2011

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Vapor Trails

Vapor Trails

In a world where I feel so small, I can't stop thinking big.

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 05:26 AM

link

BERKELEY, Calif. (AP) — Two small earthquakes hit the San Francisco area Thursday, jolting residents on the same day many Californians took part in an annual earthquake preparedness drill.

A quake with a preliminary magnitude of 3.8 struck in Berkeley at 8:16 p.m. PDT, the U.S. Geological Survey said.

Thursday night's quake came nearly six hours after a magnitude 4.0 earthquake hit in the same area.

Berkeley police said there were no reports of damage or injuries from either quake.

Officials at Bay Area Rapid Transit said the system's trains Thursday night were experiencing minor delays as workers inspected tracks, a routine procedure after an earthquake.

Officials at Caltrain said none of its trains was delayed.

The second temblor was strong enough to knock photographs off the wall and glasses onto the floor at the home of Diane Coppini, who lives in nearby Emeryville.

"It was a nice jolt," Coppini said in describing the quake.

Seismologists determined that the second quake was an aftershock to the earlier quake, said USGS geophysicist Walter Mooney.

"This is a textbook example of an aftershock," said Mooney.

The earlier earthquake struck at 2:31 p.m. and was centered across the bay from San Francisco, six miles beneath the University of California, Berkeley, campus, according to U.S. Geological Survey maps.

Check in, counselor, and let us know you and the kittehs are okay.

{{{{Lil}}}}

:hugs:
Posted Image

Politicians are like bananas; they hang together, they're all yellow, and there's not a straight one among them.

"We're relevant for $ and a vote once every two years. Beyond that, we're completely irrelevant, except of course to consume, and preach the gospel according to [insert political demigod here]."--Cait

#2 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

Luck is when opportunity meets preparation

• Islander
  • 38,881 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 01:06 AM

I only felt the afternoon one and it felt stronger than 3.9.  Probably because it lasted a bit longer than the most recent ones I've felt.  Cat didn't bat an eye.
Posted Image

#3 Captain Jack

Captain Jack

Where's the rum?

• Islander
  • 14,914 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 03:45 AM

That isn't anything to worry about. Glad you're fine anyway, Lil. It's when you get to the mid-4's and up that starts to get local's attention. Then we just go back to sipping our latte's.
Posted Image
689 Reasons to Defeat Barack Obama in 2012:

https://www.national...at-barack-obama

#4 Vapor Trails

Vapor Trails

In a world where I feel so small, I can't stop thinking big.

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 09:44 AM

View PostBad Wolf, on 22 October 2011 - 01:06 AM, said:

Cat didn't bat an eye.

Kitteh batted the mouse, yes? :unsure:

:ninja:
Posted Image

Politicians are like bananas; they hang together, they're all yellow, and there's not a straight one among them.

"We're relevant for $ and a vote once every two years. Beyond that, we're completely irrelevant, except of course to consume, and preach the gospel according to [insert political demigod here]."--Cait

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Natural disasters, Earthquake, San Francisco, 2011

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users