Person of Interest Person of Interest: Season 1

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,865 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:05 PM

I'm starting to get a little more into this show now, and I'm glad I watched this week, since there were some noteworthy guest stars.  The always-excellent Enrico Colantoni played the "client" of the week (possibly a recurring role), and Dollhouse's brilliant Enver Gjokaj had a regrettably smallish role as a gunman.  And there was one more face I recognized, a guest detective working with the main cop characters, that I couldn't place at first.  I knew I'd seen him before, but I didn't see any other names I recognized in the credits.  So I was wondering who he was.  Then about halfway through, it hit me.  He's the guy from the Geico commercials, the ones where he asks questions that lead into funny vignettes.  I wonder what his name is.
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Facebook Author Page

#2 DWF

DWF

Dr. Who 1963-89, 1996, 2005-

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:07 PM

View PostChristopher, on 03 November 2011 - 09:05 PM, said:

And there was one more face I recognized, a guest detective working with the main cop characters, that I couldn't place at first.  I knew I'd seen him before, but I didn't see any other names I recognized in the credits.  So I was wondering who he was.  Then about halfway through, it hit me.  He's the guy from the Geico commercials, the ones where he asks questions that lead into funny vignettes.  I wonder what his name is.

His name is Mike McGlone, this ep. also had Saundra Santiago in it she was Gine on Miami Vice.
The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

#3 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 22,632 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:23 PM

I don't believe how I got suckered by the Colantoni character. I'm usually more suspicious then that, but he always plays such loveable guys. Having an ongoing antagonist for Reese and Finch is a good idea.

Cardie
Nothing succeeds like excess.

#4 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,959 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:45 PM

I guessed the twist about five seconds before they told us.  The giveaway line was that they were told that Elias was supposed to be at the hit, but that they only saw (Benny?).  But before that I was completely fooled! :oh:

Yay, Enver Gjokaj!! :woohoo2: Always love seeing Enrico Colantoni, and yes I spotted the Gieco questions guy too, LOL!  :lol:

SFG

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 03 November 2011 - 11:50 PM.

"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#5 Lambsilencer

Lambsilencer

Shh... the lambs are sleeping...

• Islander
  • 6,685 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 07:44 AM

Add me to the ones being fooled and guessing the twist about five seconds before they revealed it. :lol:

Colantoni is a terrific actor, and sure pulled this one off very well. Quite a stretch from his Greg Parker on "Flashpoint".

I'm really glad I kept watching this show. Reese is now much more appealing to me than two episodes ago with his superiority complex. Looks like they toned it down a notch, and now it's just right.

And did you guys get the nod with the kid reading "The Count of Monte Cristo"? Jim Caviezel played the part in a 2002 movie. Loved his slight smile when they were talking about the story and the Count being a "survivor".

Greets
Lambsilencer

Edited by Lambsilencer, 04 November 2011 - 07:46 AM.

#6 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,865 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:06 AM

Yeah, if you want to cast a bad guy that nobody will suspect is a bad guy, you could hardly do better than Colantoni.  He's just such a quintessential nice-guy performer.

Nice to see the Geico guy getting more work.  He's interesting to watch, kind of a cross between Fred McMurray, Rod Serling, and Hugo Weaving.  And it was interesting to note that the voice he uses on the Geico commercials is very different from the one he was using here (which is part of why it took me a while to recognize him).
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Facebook Author Page

#7 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,959 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 10:49 AM

View PostChristopher, on 04 November 2011 - 09:06 AM, said:

Yeah, if you want to cast a bad guy that nobody will suspect is a bad guy, you could hardly do better than Colantoni.  He's just such a quintessential nice-guy performer.
Then why do I keep picturing him chewing gum and cackling, while mowing down zombies with a machine gun on Stargate?  :howling:  Sure he was a good guy but...  :howling:

SFG

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 04 November 2011 - 10:51 AM.

"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#8 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 22,632 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 10:53 AM

View PostLambsilencer, on 04 November 2011 - 07:44 AM, said:

And did you guys get the nod with the kid reading "The Count of Monte Cristo"? Jim Caviezel played the part in a 2002 movie. Loved his slight smile when they were talking about the story and the Count being a "survivor".

I didn't remember him being in that version--or even that there was that version--but the novel of course parallels Elias's own long-simmering plan for revenge. No wonder he assigns it in his classes,

Last week, before we found out for sure that Elias was a cold-blooded murderer, I thought that Reese might be him.  But even knowing that when they conceal a suspect's identity, it's because the audience is surely going to recognize them, Colantoni was going to be off myradar until the same finve-seconds-before that tipped off the rest of you.

Cardie
Nothing succeeds like excess.

#9 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,865 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 11:28 AM

View PostSci-Fi Girl, on 04 November 2011 - 10:49 AM, said:

Then why do I keep picturing him chewing gum and cackling, while mowing down zombies with a machine gun on Stargate?  :howling:  Sure he was a good guy but...  :howling:

Well, sure, as an actor he can play different types.  But overall, he's played so many characters defined by being kind, sensitive, dependable good guys -- Mathazar, Keith Mars, Greg Parker -- that he brings that reputation with him.

Facebook Author Page

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Person of Interest, Person of Interest: Season 1

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users