Occupy Wall Street OWS 2011

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Hambil

Hambil
  • Islander
  • 5,492 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 11:00 AM

Eat it Bloomberg. American still has courts. Attacking peaceful protesters in the middle of the night during a press blackout is something Dictators do.

My link

I love me some lawyers at the moment.

Next step, get this guy out of office by any (non-violent) means possible. He thinks he is immune because he on his third term. Step up NYC, Bloomberg must go. Hell, step up world, Bloomberg must go.

No matter how you feel about Occupy, even if you are heavily in favor of clearing the camps, you can't be for it being done under a press blackout. Not in this country. Please, open your eyes before it's too late.

#2 Nonny

Nonny

Scourge of Pretentious Bad Latin

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 12:58 PM

View PostHambil, on 15 November 2011 - 11:00 AM, said:

No matter how you feel about Occupy, even if you are heavily in favor of clearing the camps, you can't be for it being done under a press blackout. Not in this country. Please, open your eyes before it's too late.
He's claiming that the items cleared are being kept in storage, but protesters reported seeing the 5000+ books in their library being tossed into dumpsters by the police.  I wonder what Bloomberg's definition of "storage" is.     :unsure:  :suspect:
Posted Image

The once and future Nonny

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Fatal miscarriages are forever.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

#3 Hawkeye

Hawkeye

I regret I have but one life to waste infront of videogames.

• Islander
  • 8,278 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 09:19 PM

Looks like the judge backed the eviction: http://www.bbc.co.uk.../world-15749348

Latest news is protesters are being allowed back into the park, but not being allowed to set up tents or sleep there.
Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits, and Are melted into air, into thin air; And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind.

Posted Image

#4 The Tyrant

The Tyrant

R.I.P. Martin Landau

• Islander
  • 3,174 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 10:52 AM

Yup. Big Money wins again.
Hope springs eternal, and is eternally dashed

"Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Which is a problem....
if you're powerless." - Drago Museveni

'God is a comedian playing to an audience afraid to laugh' - Voltaire

'It's in your nature to destroy yourselves.' - the Terminator, about Humanity.

"Who knew the divine was such a dissolute, horny drunk?  Although that would explain a hell of a lot about this series... " - Christopher, about Battlestar Galactica

#5 Mark

Mark
  • Islander
  • 5,269 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 07:54 PM

Mark: I can understand the need for city officials not to allow protesters to set up tents, and remain entrenched overnight. As long as these protesters are allowed to protest peaceably during sunlit hours, I feel they'll have their chance to be heard properly.
Mark
Discussion is an exchange of knowledge: argument is an exchange of ignorance.
Peace is not the absence of conflict, but the ability to cope with it.
APOGEE MESSAGE BOARD

#6 Captain Jack

Captain Jack

Where's the rum?

• Islander
  • 14,914 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 04:41 AM

View PostMark, on 18 November 2011 - 07:54 PM, said:

Mark: I can understand the need for city officials not to allow protesters to set up tents, and remain entrenched overnight. As long as these protesters are allowed to protest peaceably during sunlit hours, I feel they'll have their chance to be heard properly.

You mean like how the Tea Party has been doing it for hundreds of times now. Yeah, that would be a nice change to see from Occupy's current accomplishments of littering everywhere, disrupting traffic, harrassing employees who are just doing their jobs, and the occasional rape that goes on. Nah, that requires self-discipline, respect, and other goody-goody stuff that is so inconvenient. ;) That's okay, their true test will be the winter. I hear it will be a cold one. :)
Posted Image
689 Reasons to Defeat Barack Obama in 2012:

https://www.national...at-barack-obama

#7 Mark

Mark
  • Islander
  • 5,269 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 08:33 AM

View PostCaptain Jack, on 19 November 2011 - 04:41 AM, said:

View PostMark, on 18 November 2011 - 07:54 PM, said:

You mean like how the Tea Party has been doing it for hundreds of times now. Yeah, that would be a nice change to see from Occupy's current accomplishments of littering everywhere, disrupting traffic, harrassing employees who are just doing their jobs, and the occasional rape that goes on. Nah, that requires self-discipline, respect, and other goody-goody stuff that is so inconvenient. ;) That's okay, their true test will be the winter. I hear it will be a cold one. :)

Mark: A woman said of the Tea Party vs  the OWS, "I have stood by the Tea party movement. I have stood by the OWS  movement. I have participated in both. Just as congress has defaced the  name of the tea party patriots, the media has defaced the name of the  OWS movement. Looking closely at the movements there are alignments  between the two groups. Although they may not align %100 both sides need  to realize that there are power in numbers and we need to ban together."

Another person said, "we have the tea party, which hates big government (especially when it  messes with free market staples like medicare). we have occupy wall  street, which hates big business"

What really gets me riled more than how the protests are being staged is... BOTH groups need to realize that big government and big business have become synonymous. I agree with the first person I quoted above when they recommended that both sides should team up on the issues that they are in agreement on. ...And perhaps the Tea Party will give it's OWS  cousins tips on how to conduct cleaner, more orderly, and efficient protests?  Well, I guess I can't have everything I want for Christmas!:rolleyes:
Mark
Discussion is an exchange of knowledge: argument is an exchange of ignorance.
Peace is not the absence of conflict, but the ability to cope with it.
APOGEE MESSAGE BOARD

#8 Nittany Lioness

Nittany Lioness

Craving a little perspective.

• Islander
  • 3,537 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 09:16 AM

Alrighty,
Tip #1 - Zip up.

I'm cold Howard.jpg

#9 Balderdash

Balderdash
  • Islander
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 10:00 AM

OWS doesn't need tips from Tea Partiers.  Tea Partiers held rallies, OWS is protesting.  You're comparing apples and some other thing that isn't apples.  Despite NL spamming the board with every crime that happens in the cities where the Occupy movement is doesn't make all Occupiers criminals, dirty hippies, street crappers, rapists, old lady shovers or any other various and sundry disgusting thing that Fox news can spin.

Another Democrat leaning Independent that has to search for truth because it can't be found on Fox News OR MSNBC.

"Being gay is not a Western invention, it is a human reality"  by HRC

#10 Hambil

Hambil
  • Islander
  • 5,492 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 11:14 AM

As long as the Tea-Party wants to deregulate business, and put in austerity measures that cut health and food benefits to families with children, rather than raise taxes on people who make over a MILLION DOLLARS A YEAR, I will never go within a billion miles of them. Kindly, I'd call their positions irresponsible, reckless and cruel. Non kindly, ^%#$!#%^&*!@#^!@&*^#!@&#^!&#^ them.

Edited by Hambil, 19 November 2011 - 11:14 AM.

#11 Hambil

Hambil
  • Islander
  • 5,492 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 11:52 AM

I'll let Stephan Colbert have the last 'word' on this for me.

"Folks, everybody's talking about about it. There is a tiny minority of Americans who
could be doing a lot more for our nation. A minority who live a lifestyle the 99 percent could not imagine. You know who I'm talking about. I'm talking about military veterans."

"And while these debt reducing measures may seem harsh, remember, Congress has no choice.... And cutting defense spending is out of the question, because it is our giant military machine that creates our veterans. And it's clear that they're the only ones we're willing to sacrifice for our country. And that's the Word."

My link

Edited by Hambil, 19 November 2011 - 12:12 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Occupy Wall Street, OWS, 2011

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users