Occupy Wall Street OWS 2011

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#81 Lin731

Lin731
  • Islander
  • 4,126 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 05:23 PM

Only one person really said anything like that....  

Yep and I addressed my first post to that. My second post is more a general observation on what I have read around the net from some teaparty supporters (go look at some of the comments on Yahoo forums when an OWS article comes up) it's a real eyeopener. Alot of absolutely gleeful support for pepper spray, flash canisters, tear gas, rubber bullets etc...Apparently for some of these folks, the mere fact that they disagree with the protesters beleifs is more than enough reason to support police brutality.

For others, the general thrust is "Well they broke the law so they got what they deserved" BOTH sentiments I find disgusting because it implies that they cheerful support roughing up people they disagree with or that seem to feel anything the cops want to do (short of murder) is fine because the protesters broke the law. There seems to be no sense of proportion for some of these people.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#82 Tricia

Tricia

To err on the side of kindness is seldom an error.

• Islander
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 05:31 PM

^^^That's the reason I no longer read the comments on stories.  

Unless I want to become physically ill because the nastiness makes me very literally sick.

When you demonize a group of people it makes it easier to allow brutal methods to be used against them. And to say even more nasty things about them.

But about those comments...and sorry to be off-topic here...I'm even more shocked when I see people use their real names and say this stuff.  I once confronted an acquaintance who had posted one of those type of comments on the Houston newspapers's site and got a "I didn't mean that, I was angry" etc explanation.  Told them that either they thought I was stupid enough to buy that story or they were stupid to think that their words had no consequence.

Edited by Tricia, 24 November 2011 - 06:00 PM.

In true dialogue, both sides are willing to change. --Thich Nhat Hanh

You don't need to attend every argument you are invited to

Do not ask that your kids live up to your expectations.  Let your kids be who they are, and your expectations will be in breathless pursuit.

#83 Nittany Lioness

Nittany Lioness

Craving a little perspective.

• Islander
  • 3,537 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 09:28 AM

OWS woman who claimed to miscarry also claims to be Olympic Gold Medalist  -

http://www.seattlepi...aim-2293379.php

http://www.jammiewf....ng-gold-medals/

I'm cold Howard.jpg

#84 Vapor Trails

Vapor Trails

In a world where I feel so small, I can't stop thinking big.

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 10:13 AM

View PostTricia, on 24 November 2011 - 05:31 PM, said:

But about those comments...and sorry to be off-topic here...I'm even more shocked when I see people use their real names and say this stuff.  I once confronted an acquaintance who had posted one of those type of comments on the Houston newspapers's site and got a "I didn't mean that, I was angry" etc explanation.  Told them that either they thought I was stupid enough to buy that story or they were stupid to think that their words had no consequence.

As to the bold-maybe this person and others subscribe to "Internet Tough Guy Magazine". :p

:rolleyes:  :headshake:
Posted Image

Politicians are like bananas; they hang together, they're all yellow, and there's not a straight one among them.

"We're relevant for $ and a vote once every two years. Beyond that, we're completely irrelevant, except of course to consume, and preach the gospel according to [insert political demigod here]."--Cait

#85 Nonny

Nonny

Scourge of Pretentious Bad Latin

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:17 PM

I am relieved that she did not miscarry, and am always sad for those whose mental illness make them figures of fun for others.

Edited by Nonny, 29 November 2011 - 03:25 PM.

Posted Image

The once and future Nonny

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Fatal miscarriages are forever.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Occupy Wall Street, OWS, 2011

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users