• 5,363 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 10:27 PM

Yes I'm the one who pops in an international press piece to OT now and then,

so here from the SMH, or is that 'The Herald, the others are the other Herald',
My holiday gift to the OT, from SMH's Richard Glover,

(read all two dozen)
http://www.smh.com.a...1221-1p4ep.html

such as,
> ' Crass kringle - Any Christmas present that's inappropriate to the season, such as sexy knickers, aprons with protruding breasts or outback dunny novelty coin holders.

Dad-lib - Any dreadful joke from the father of the family, delivered while preparing the Christmas meal, such as: ''This meat is not much chop'' or ''There's a bit of a snag with the barbecue''.
<
or is that,
> 'Hollyday house - A home over-festooned with Christmas lights and decorations.

Hype couture - This summer's must-have fashion item, going back in history as far as the Hypercolor T-shirt, rendered daggy within months.
<

;)

Happy Holidays Yall
"(Do you read what they say online?) I check out all these scandalous rumours about me and Elijah Wood having beautiful sex with each other ... (are they true?) About Elijah and me being boyfriend and boyfriend? Absolutely true. We've been together for about nine years. I wooed him. No I just like a lot of stuff - I like that someone says one thing and it becomes fact. It's kind of fun." --Dominic Monaghan in a phone interview with Newsweek while buying DVDs at the store. :D

#2 Peridot

Peridot

Elf Lynx

• Islander
  • 2,916 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 11:57 PM

:lol:

My favorite is the "Hambulance"...it sounds so much like me and my spouse as well, when we have overindulged in our informal but somewhat lavish Christmas spread... ;)

Thanks for posting this! :D

Peridot
Posted Image

#3 Tricia

Tricia

To err on the side of kindness is seldom an error.

• Islander
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 07:31 AM

Thanks for the laughs, offworlder!! :hugs:

Thindignation Outrage expressed by someone who has been given clothes for Christmas - but three sizes too big, as in the phrase: ''How fat do you think I am?''

Thus the reason I don't give clothing as gifts, having been on both sides of that before....now I have a name for it!!

In true dialogue, both sides are willing to change. --Thich Nhat Hanh

You don't need to attend every argument you are invited to

Do not ask that your kids live up to your expectations.  Let your kids be who they are, and your expectations will be in breathless pursuit.

#4 Nonny

Nonny

Scourge of Pretentious Bad Latin

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 07:58 AM

Lollycoddle To mollify children during the Christmas morning preparations by throwing them regular supplies of sweets. This inevitably backfires when, crazed by sugar, they run amok just before noon.

Mallingering The act of wandering around the mall in the hope a present for your partner will present itself with no mental effort on your part. It never does.
:howling:

Thanks for posting this.   :D
Posted Image

The once and future Nonny

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Fatal miscarriages are forever.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: OT, Holiday gift, 2011

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users