• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mooky

Mooky

Self-REbanned

• Islander
  • 8,673 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 09:38 PM

I got into POI around episode 7 (which is being re-run as I type this), so if Finch's "condition" was explained in any of the previous episodes, I didn't see it, but was it ever explained why he walks the way he does?  Does he have artificial leg or sumthin'?

#2 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,865 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 10:20 PM

I haven't heard an explanation, but I missed episode 3.  I guess it's one of the mysteries surrounding the character.
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Facebook Author Page

#3 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 22,632 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:25 PM

There was a scene in one episode where he needed to obtain some painkillers--but not for himself. However, he knew that if he let any doctor take an x-ray, they would prescribe without hesitation. (Or maybe he needed to get into the doctor's office for some other reason; I must have been distracted when I watched.) She recited the various injuries he had sustained but I'm afraid I didn't remember the details. There is spinal damage as well as the leg, I know that much.

We do know from the flashback with his now deceased business partner that he wasn't always disabled. He's running vigorously on a treadmill there. The partner died in 2010 and I'm betting that Harold might have been injured in some accident that killed his friend. Just as we're getting small glimpses about Reese's black ops work and why he quit, we'll probably find out more about Harold as the series progresses.

Cardie
Nothing succeeds like excess.

#4 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,959 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 12:24 AM

^ He needed to plant tracking tech on the doctor, as she was their "person" of the week.

I remember the injuries were pretty severe, definitely involving the spine.  I think there is a metal rod in his back.  He moves very stiffly, and never turns his head, he has to turn his whole body instead.

SFG

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 06 January 2012 - 12:26 AM.

"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#5 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 22,632 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 12:36 AM

View PostSci-Fi Girl, on 06 January 2012 - 12:24 AM, said:

^ He needed to plant tracking tech on the doctor, as she was their "person" of the week.

Duh, that's right. I do remember thinking that he wasn't going to have to manufacture any reason to see a doctor. He probably had fractures to his neck and spinal column and some vertebrae were fused as well as a rod being inserted.

Cardie
Nothing succeeds like excess.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Person Of Interest

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users