6 replies to this topic

#1 Lambsilencer

Lambsilencer

Shh... the lambs are sleeping...

• Islander
  • 6,686 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:37 PM

Hi there

ABC Family has officially announced today that it has ordered Amy Sherman-Palladino's ("Gilmore Girls") latest project "Bunheads" to series.

From the press release:

“Bunheads” is the tale of a Las Vegas showgirl (Sutton Foster) who impulsively marries a man, moves to his sleepy coastal town, and takes an uneasy role at her new mother-in-law’s dance school. “Bunheads” joins ABC Family’s recently announced new original series, “Baby Daddy” and “Beverly Hills Nannies.” All three series will begin production in Spring 2012.

Kate Juergens, executive vice president, Original Programming and Development, ABC Family said, "Amy and I had a great collaboration on 'Gilmore Girls,' which continues to find new fans here on ABC Family, and I look forward to this new partnership being just as successful. Her vision for 'Bunheads' aligns beautifully with our brand and is a wonderful addition to ABC Family's original programming slate. I know our Millennial audience is going to fall in love with Sutton Foster the same way Broadway has.”

Meanwhile, two other pilots that ABC Family had ordered recently, thriller "Intercept", which starred Danielle Panabaker and Austin Butler, and "Village People", which was to star Jennie Garth, are not moving forward.

Greets
Lambsilencer

#2 BklnScott

BklnScott

FKA ScottEVill

• Islander
  • 18,142 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:36 PM

In the comments section at Deadline, people have been savaging this script and ASP in general (though someone with the initials SP, very possibly Scott Paterson--who played Luke on Gilmore Girls--is coming to her defense), but I will always check out any series she creates, and with some hope that it will be be the heir to the greatness that was Gilmore Girls for most of its run.  Add to it Sutton Foster (who has delighted me in numerous parts on and off Broadway over the years) in the lead, and you can count on me to at least sample.

There isn't enough mommy in the world to further a cause like yours!

#3 DWF

DWF

Dr. Who 1963-89, 1996, 2005-

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:11 PM

For some reason bunheads makes me think of Princess Leia's original hairstyle, seeing all of the castmembers walking around with that hairstyle might make for a funny show.
The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

#4 BklnScott

BklnScott

FKA ScottEVill

• Islander
  • 18,142 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:40 AM

It's slang for a ballet dancer.  Think Natalie Portman in Black Swan.  

There was an ep of Gilmore Girls -- called "Die, Jerk" if I remember right -- where Rory writes a bad review of a ballet at Yale and gets on the bad side of the local bunheads.  I remember someone warning her to run if she suddenly heard the fluttering of tulle.  (Which is good advice for anyone!)  I remember thinking that was the sort of observation that must indicate someone behind the scenes had a background in dance.  Who knew it was ASP herself.

#5 DWF

DWF

Dr. Who 1963-89, 1996, 2005-

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:04 PM

View PostBklnScott, on 09 February 2012 - 08:40 AM, said:

It's slang for a ballet dancer.  Think Natalie Portman in Black Swan.  

There was an ep of Gilmore Girls -- called "Die, Jerk" if I remember right -- where Rory writes a bad review of a ballet at Yale and gets on the bad side of the local bunheads.  I remember someone warning her to run if she suddenly heard the fluttering of tulle.  (Which is good advice for anyone!)  I remember thinking that was the sort of observation that must indicate someone behind the scenes had a background in dance.  Who knew it was ASP herself.

Well there's a world of difference between a showgirl and a ballet dancer.
The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

#6 BklnScott

BklnScott

FKA ScottEVill

• Islander
  • 18,142 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:47 AM

For sure, but I know quite a few professional dancers--including the one I live with--and I'm here to tell you: no one sets out to become a Las Vegas showgirl.

#7 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,653 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:53 AM

You mean Showgirls lied? :eek3:  

Say it ain't so!

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users