Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

Once Upon A Time: Whatever Happened To Frederick?

Once Upon A Time Once Upon a Time: Season 1

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 DWF

DWF

Dr. Who 1963-89, 1996, 2005-

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:35 PM

Spoilers

431640_296200760435425_168914433164059_656408_964897096_n.jpg

Aria Pullman as the Siren.

David decides to tell Kathryn about his relationship with Mary Margaret; as Prince Charming searches for Snow White, he agrees to help Abigail with a dangerous mission.

The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

#2 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

Behavior is not reproducible over multiple trials.

• Islander
  • 24,302 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:12 PM

Well well!  Bunch of new mysteries here. August W. Booth writing? filling in? Henry's book is most intriguing. Prince Charming isn't very in the "real" world, and, poor Mary Margaret!  Meanwhile, Abigail / Catherine turns out to be pretty decent.

QT

Een Draght Mackt Maght

#3 DWF

DWF

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:44 PM

I have no sympathy for Mary Margaret she knew David was married all along, but then as I said I really don't like this version of Snow White IMO she's not a good person. And I have to wonder just what Ausgust Booth's game is and why he copied Henry's book. But this one did make me feel sorry for Abigail/Catherine prior to this she wasn't too complex of a character.
The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

#4 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

Behavior is not reproducible over multiple trials.

• Islander
  • 24,302 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:29 AM

Well, that's not entirely true, I don't think!  Mary Margaret got hyped up on this because of Henry's insistence that this was her true love, and because surprisingly, David DID wake up when Mary Margaret started reading to him. And, she didn't know at that time that he was married - he was just the John Doe in the hospital.  It was later that Regina produced his wife.

QT

Een Draght Mackt Maght

#5 Tricia

Tricia

To err on the side of kindness is seldom an error.

• Islander
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:16 PM

I loved Kathryn's speech to Regina about how what Mary Margaret and David have is real and she feels like her relationship with him was 'just an illusion'.  

That last part being my favorite part as Kathryn hit upon the real truth even if she did not know it.

BTW that was Frederick who is the gym teacher in Storybrooke who found Kathryn's car.

I was glad to see Red in the fairytale world.  Hoping that at some point she will be getting more story in both worlds.

I think I prefer to see our fairytale characters as human and not such perfect people.  And it's not like Mary Margaret has not been tortured by what she feels for David given the story that Regina/the Queen set up of his being married to Kathryn.  Which btw kept two couples apart in Storybrooke.

August Booth and his motives certainly is a mystery.

In true dialogue, both sides are willing to change. --Thich Nhat Hanh

You don't need to attend every argument you are invited to

Do not ask that your kids live up to your expectations.  Let your kids be who they are, and your expectations will be in breathless pursuit.

#6 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 22,634 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:51 PM

August Booth wrote the book, it seems to me. Whether he's anyone else on top of that, such as a fairytale character in his own right (write?), remains to be seen.

My working theory is that he gave Henry an edition that would spur him to look for Emma and provide backstories for Storybrooke residents that he interacted with regularly. Now that phase one is over and time is moving again, author August returns to add more stories. In a meta-sense, he has to come back to do the back nine order--this is ep. 13.

Cardie
Nothing succeeds like excess.

#7 DWF

DWF

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:48 PM

View PostQueenTiye, on 20 February 2012 - 11:29 AM, said:

Well, that's not entirely true, I don't think!  Mary Margaret got hyped up on this because of Henry's insistence that this was her true love, and because surprisingly, David DID wake up when Mary Margaret started reading to him. And, she didn't know at that time that he was married - he was just the John Doe in the hospital.  It was later that Regina produced his wife.

QT

But once Mary Margaret knew he was married she didn't back off and it was a few eps. after David came out of his coma that he was seeing Mary Margaret in 7:15. And as Emma pointed out Mary Margaret was lying to her as well about seeing David, so it's kind of unfair for Mary Margaret to say that David was lying to her as though she was innocent herself.

#8 DWF

DWF

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:10 PM

I'm surprised nobody noticed that Henry was playing Space Paranoids a nice nod to Tron.

#9 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 22,634 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:36 PM

^^The showrunners wrote Tron: Legacy.

Cardie
Nothing succeeds like excess.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Once Upon A Time, Once Upon a Time: Season 1

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users