• Please log in to reply
261 replies to this topic

#1 RommieSG

RommieSG

Heir to the Empire

• Islander
  • 17,171 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:52 PM

This thread will be for the release version of ME3. And what better way to start it off than the official unboxing?

Great news for FemShep fans ;)

Also gives us a heads up. If we play the KoA demo, we'll be able to access some more gear for ME3. So keep that in mind, gang!

And furthermore for FemShep fans ;)

Edited by RommieSG, 22 February 2012 - 06:57 PM.

Posted Image

#2 RommieSG

RommieSG

Heir to the Empire

• Islander
  • 17,171 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:58 PM

And for those who'd like to see the faces behind the voices of this installment of Mass Effect... look who's coming back! ^_^

Posted Image

#3 Lord Martock

Lord Martock
  • Islander
  • 4,275 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:43 PM

Holly Crap...Jess is in this?  Damn...now I gotta go buy this in a week or two.

How did you get a copy already?

Edited by Lord Martock, 23 February 2012 - 12:43 PM.

May the Schwartz be with you.
Remember, No matter where you go....There you are.
It's a trick.....Get the Axe!

Posted Image

#4 NeuralClone

NeuralClone

Fire and Blood

• Islander
  • 22,814 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:32 PM

View PostLord Martock, on 23 February 2012 - 12:43 PM, said:

I don't think he did. The unboxing video is done by one of the marketing people at BioWare. ;)
"My sexuality's not the most interesting thing about me."
— Cosima Niehaus, Orphan Black, "Governed By Sound Reason and True Religion"

#5 RommieSG

RommieSG

Heir to the Empire

• Islander
  • 17,171 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:57 PM

View PostNeuralClone, on 23 February 2012 - 02:32 PM, said:

View PostLord Martock, on 23 February 2012 - 12:43 PM, said:

I don't think he did. The unboxing video is done by one of the marketing people at BioWare. ;)

Bingo. Besides, I got a Collector's Edition coming to me ;)
Posted Image

#6 NeuralClone

NeuralClone

Fire and Blood

• Islander
  • 22,814 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:38 PM

View PostRommieSG, on 23 February 2012 - 02:57 PM, said:

Nice! :D I'm probably going to wait to see what general reactions are to the full game before buying it. I loved Mass Effect 2 but after my disappointment with Dragon Age 2, I'm a bit wary of this game. I know it's a different development team but still. My concern was made worse by the demo, which was half brilliant and half mediocre, IMO. I'm still looking forward to it, though. At the very least I'll buy it during a sale. ;)

#7 RommieSG

RommieSG

Heir to the Empire

• Islander
  • 17,171 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:35 AM

View PostNeuralClone, on 23 February 2012 - 09:38 PM, said:

View PostRommieSG, on 23 February 2012 - 02:57 PM, said:

Nice! :D I'm probably going to wait to see what general reactions are to the full game before buying it. I loved Mass Effect 2 but after my disappointment with Dragon Age 2, I'm a bit wary of this game. I know it's a different development team but still. My concern was made worse by the demo, which was half brilliant and half mediocre, IMO. I'm still looking forward to it, though. At the very least I'll buy it during a sale. ;)

The way BioWare is with collectors editions, you may get lucky down the road.

With the Collectors Edition of Star Wars: The Old Republic, I had read that there were X amount of copies, and that they were going fast...

A couple weeks ago when I was at Best Buy returning something, I walked through a certain area...and saw three copies of the CE sitting on the shelf... so yeah... ;)
Posted Image

#8 foborg

foborg
  • Islander
  • 2,260 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:00 AM

I can't preorder it at Steam, or I would have.
Please don't spoil future episodes, even if they've been previewed.

#9 RommieSG

RommieSG

Heir to the Empire

• Islander
  • 17,171 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:24 AM

WARNING - IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED, DON'T WATCH THIS VIDEO

This guy blows up about the DLC for Mass Effect 3 coming out on Day One...well when he's not slurping his soda or having a conniption fit...

Has anyone else felt this pissed off about DLC included in Collector's Editions?

Posted Image

#10 NeuralClone

NeuralClone

Fire and Blood

• Islander
  • 22,814 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:18 AM

Wow. Could that guy possibly fit more gamer stereotypes? Couldn't he have waited to slurp his drink until after his little temper tantrum about day one DLC? More importantly, did he really need to share?

Day one DLC is the norm now with a lot of games. It's annoying but it isn't the end of the world. In my experience, a lot of it isn't even worth it. It's often nice to have but I never lose sleep over it. Some companies do DLC better than others and EA really doesn't have the best track record with it in my experience. Bethesda and Gearbox have much better DLC for the money. But that doesn't mean people who preorder or are willing to spend extra money on special editions of games shouldn't get something extra out of their purchases. In general, if you spend more money or are willing to risk a preorder, you deserve to get something extra. I do get annoyed when companies clearly cut important story or features and make it available as day one DLC. But I have better things to do than waste so much energy being pissed about it.

So in my professional opinion, this guy needs to find better things to waste his anger on. I could say more but it really wouldn't be very nice of me. So I'll refrain from saying it. :ninja:

#11 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:09 AM

I'm wanting to believe that the guy's video is a parody of gamers because if it's real then that is just very, very sad. I agree with NC. It does suck when companies include Day One DLC in their games or collector editions but you can hardly blame them for wanting to make sure people buy the games new so they make a good profit on them. I didn't buy the collector's edition(I never do) but if the DLC seems important than I will fork over some extra money to buy it.

With that out of the way I am so excited for this game. The only problem is I won't be done with Reckoning by that time so I'm going to have two long, great games taking up all my time. Expect me to become a very absent mod for about a month or so. :)
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#12 NeuralClone

NeuralClone

Fire and Blood

• Islander
  • 22,814 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:36 AM

Yeah, I'm kind of hoping that video is a parody too. But if it isn't... Well, yeah.

#13 foborg

foborg
  • Islander
  • 2,260 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:42 AM

As long as I can buy the DLC, I'm OK with it. DLCs that contain story/background and that are not possible to buy for everyone, bothers me, though.
Please don't spoil future episodes, even if they've been previewed.

#14 Godeskian

Godeskian

You'll be seein' rainbooms

• Islander
  • 26,787 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:57 PM

cough blackstorm cannon cough

Defy Gravity!

The Doctor: The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles... and that's a theory. Nine hundred years and I've never seen one yet, but this will do me.

#15 Mikoto

Mikoto

Join the RP forum! We need you!

• Islander
  • 9,298 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:38 PM

Yeah Fallout New Vegas did that.
Come visit the role playing forum! I run an Andromeda game and a custom game set on a fictional world in the steam-age era.

#16 Godeskian

Godeskian

• Islander
  • 26,787 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:45 PM

As far as I'm aware, all the 'exclusive' pre-order bonuses did eventually become available as DLC, though some not until after four of the five story based DLC's had been released.

I'm still waiting for my damn blackstorm cannon for ME2. They released everything else, including two clothing packs, but not the Blackstorm.

Edited by Godeskian, 26 February 2012 - 02:46 PM.

Defy Gravity!

The Doctor: The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles... and that's a theory. Nine hundred years and I've never seen one yet, but this will do me.

#17 NeuralClone

NeuralClone

Fire and Blood

• Islander
  • 22,814 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:52 PM

View PostMikoto, on 26 February 2012 - 01:38 PM, said:

Yeah Fallout New Vegas did that.
It did? I'm pretty sure I have all of the DLC for the game installed right now. They eventually released the Gunrunner's Arsenal and the preorder content for PC. Not sure about other platforms but I assume it's probably available. It was one of the last things they released and they didn't make a big deal about it.

EA has a rather different track record with compilation packs and preorder DLC. They either release it for ridiculous prices (e.g., about $15 for an extra character and minimal content in Dragon Age: Origins) or they don't release it at all (e.g., Blackstorm Cannon).

Edited by NeuralClone, 26 February 2012 - 02:54 PM.

#18 Mikoto

Mikoto

Join the RP forum! We need you!

• Islander
  • 9,298 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 03:18 PM

Lonesome Road provided a lot of backstory and some storyline continuation that simply wasn't answered in the main game. The whole 'Courier Six' fiasco.
Come visit the role playing forum! I run an Andromeda game and a custom game set on a fictional world in the steam-age era.

#19 NeuralClone

NeuralClone

Fire and Blood

• Islander
  • 22,814 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:36 PM

View PostMikoto, on 26 February 2012 - 03:18 PM, said:

Lonesome Road provided a lot of backstory and some storyline continuation that simply wasn't answered in the main game. The whole 'Courier Six' fiasco.
Well, ok. I guess so. :) But that was released for all platforms as an add-on that everyone could buy. What's really irksome is when preorder content includes important story and only people that preordered the game are able to get it. It's equally annoying when important backstory gets pushed into other products (e.g., the Mass Effect 2 tie in comics).

I don't mind if conclusions to a story end up in add-ons. I've played a lot of games that do that (especially RPGs).

#20 Godeskian

Godeskian

• Islander
  • 26,787 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:24 PM

View PostNeuralClone, on 26 February 2012 - 05:36 PM, said:

I don't mind if conclusions to a story end up in add-ons. I've played a lot of games that do that (especially RPGs).

I kind of do. I'm of the school that says that a game should tell it's story. It's okay if it feeds into a larger story, especially in the case of something like ME3, which is the final part of a story. I resent buying a game only to get an incomplete internal story

Defy Gravity!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users