TV Next Window-Please Disable It!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Vapor Trails

Vapor Trails

In a world where I feel so small, I can't stop thinking big.

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:52 AM

It's INCREDIBLY irritating, and I really DON'T want to see that thing. I can't seem to close that window on my Asus netbook (IE, running W7 Starter). If you can't make it so that users can close that TV NEXT Window, please disable it.

Thank you.
Posted Image

Politicians are like bananas; they hang together, they're all yellow, and there's not a straight one among them.

"We're relevant for $ and a vote once every two years. Beyond that, we're completely irrelevant, except of course to consume, and preach the gospel according to [insert political demigod here]."--Cait

#2 Vapor Trails

Vapor Trails

In a world where I feel so small, I can't stop thinking big.

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:56 AM

Never mind-I found out how.
Posted Image

Politicians are like bananas; they hang together, they're all yellow, and there's not a straight one among them.

"We're relevant for $ and a vote once every two years. Beyond that, we're completely irrelevant, except of course to consume, and preach the gospel according to [insert political demigod here]."--Cait

#3 Orpheus

Orpheus

Get my agent! I'm supposed to be Castathan, not Indogene

• Administrator
  • 16,900 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:02 PM

I wouldn't have put it up if it couldn't be closed. I agree, that would have been obnoxious.

For those having trouble finding the control, it's a small icon at the upper right (in the window bar of that section), showing a (-) to close it when open and a (+) to reopen, when closed.

This is fairly standard control on EI: it's the same way you roll up forum groups (like Conventions) or sidebar boxes. We're looking at Drag/Arrange in future IPB versions, so you can organize your screen as you like. We've tried that for limited features, but there's no one (programming) method that works generally on all parts of the board yet.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users