11 replies to this topic

#1 Lambsilencer

Lambsilencer

Shh... the lambs are sleeping...

• Watchdog
  • 6,354 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:33 AM

HI there

A few news bits from the last hours, from Deadline's Nellie Andreeva.

- When "Hawaii Five-O" returns for its third season in the fall, Michelle Borth ("The Forgotten"), who has recurred in the past as Steve McGarrett's love interest, U.S. Navy Lieutenant Catherine Rollins, will be a series regular.

- The BBC and BBC America have jointly announced the pickup of a fifth season of the original UK sci-fi hit series "Being Human". Six episodes have been ordered, with an air date yet to be determined.

- Probably not really surprising, but FOX' canceled sci-fi series "Terra Nova" has hit a major roadblock in his quest for a possible resurrection. Netflix, which has expressed initial interest to pick up the show, has now decided to end its talks with 20th Century Fox TV, without reaching a deal for a continuation. Chances that the show might end up elsewhere are minimal, but the actors have not yet been released of their contracts. Jason O'Mara, Allison Miller and Christine Adams (who wouldn't have been part of the second season anyway) have already booked pilots, though.

Greets
Lambsilencer
Follow me on Twitter.

#2 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 7,273 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:16 AM

*Finally* the producers of Hawaii Five-O wised up.  I thought that'd be a no-brainer.

Nothing against the new girl, but the initial byplay between her and McGarrett just felt forced.  As for her purported role of keeping the team in line, from what I saw, they seemed to have abandoned that idea by the second episode.  Did it ever reappear?

OTOH, I am glad to see the series renewed.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#3 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 21,799 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:56 AM

View PostG-man, on 27 March 2012 - 09:16 AM, said:

As for her purported role of keeping the team in line, from what I saw, they seemed to have abandoned that idea by the second episode.  Did it ever reappear?

Only when she got reassigned. Her superior said something about her having done very little to keep the team in line and mostly having done the opposite.

Cardie
Nothing succeeds like excess.

#4 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 7,273 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:01 PM

View PostCardie, on 27 March 2012 - 11:56 AM, said:

View PostG-man, on 27 March 2012 - 09:16 AM, said:

As for her purported role of keeping the team in line, from what I saw, they seemed to have abandoned that idea by the second episode.  Did it ever reappear?

Only when she got reassigned. Her superior said something about her having done very little to keep the team in line and mostly having done the opposite.

Cardie

:blink: Reassigned?  Dang.  Albeit, her superior did have a point.

Does that mean the character's off the show?

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#5 Lambsilencer

Lambsilencer

Shh... the lambs are sleeping...

• Watchdog
  • 6,354 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:05 PM

^^ Yes, Lauren German is gone. Maybe she'll return in a guest spot later on, but she sure won't be a regular part of it anymore.

Greets
Lambsilencer
Follow me on Twitter.

#6 Tricia

Tricia

To err on the side of kindness is seldom an error.

• Islander
  • 9,968 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:24 PM

See what happens when I stop watching?

The first few episodes of this season did not set well with me and I just stopped watching. Part of it being the new girl.

edited to add...and I missed Catherine.  There was a relationship and chemistry IMHO that was just right between Catherine and McGarrett.

Edited by Tricia, 27 March 2012 - 04:11 PM.

“Leaders can empower grace and mercy or incite fear and anger, but it’s the community that responds”

In true dialogue, both sides are willing to change. --Thich Nhat Hanh

You don't need to attend every argument you are invited to

Do not ask that your kids live up to your expectations.  Let your kids be who they are, and your expectations will be in breathless pursuit.

#7 DWF

DWF

Dr. Who 1963-89, 1996, 2005-

• Islander
  • 47,702 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:07 PM

Cool, Michelle Borth is a beautiful woman and she makes a great addition to the cast. :cool:
The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

#8 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 21,799 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:19 PM

G-Man, I thought you were watching this?

Cardie

#9 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 7,273 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:28 AM

View PostCardie, on 27 March 2012 - 10:19 PM, said:

G-Man, I thought you were watching this?

Cardie

I had been, up to a point, but I ended up switching back to Castle after watching Five-0 join a SEAL Team on one of their  international sorties.

Plus, I was still trying to puzzle out what the new girl brought to the team that they didn't already have.

(shrug)

For me, this is one of those series that works better when I have the DVD set, as opposed to trying to follow it in installments.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
-- Doc Savage

#10 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 21,799 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:56 AM

You can only watch one show at a time? :eek:

Cardie

#11 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 7,273 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:44 PM

View PostCardie, on 28 March 2012 - 10:56 AM, said:

You can only watch one show at a time? :eek:

Cardie

Yep.

I watch it Old School*, and since I can't find the remote to the digital converter box (something my universal remote doesn't touch), I even have to get up to change the channel.

*My vintage 1998 TV + digital converter scuttles any attempt I make at recording.

At some point I'll pick up a new TV.  Probably after I get a new computer to replace my vintage 2002 iMac.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself

Edited by G-man, 28 March 2012 - 02:44 PM.

-- Doc Savage

#12 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 21,799 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:36 PM

I've been known to have five shows opposite each other at the same time. I can still noly watch/record two at a time since I haven't ponied up for one of those fancier DVRs that record four or more, but with cable shows offering many encores plus many network shows available On Demand, I manage. I don't know how I ever satisfied my tv addiction when old school, but then I haven't been old school since 1985.

Cardie

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users